Author Topic: 2022-23 Jerseys  (Read 6293 times)

Re: (Leaked) 22-23 City Edition Jerseys
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2022, 11:20:36 PM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 730
Again, who designs the jersey each year, the team or Nike ?
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

Re: (Leaked) 22-23 Jerseys
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2022, 05:37:41 PM »

Offline Ed Monix

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 213
  • Signature move: Punch to the jejunum
More leaked pictures (from the original source) of upcoming uniforms.

Brooklyn Nets

Cleveland Cavaliers

Dallas Mavericks

Detroit Pistons

Golden State Warriors

Los Angeles Clippers

Los Angeles Lakers

Milwaukee Bucks

Phoenix Suns

San Antonio Spurs

Utah Jazz

Washington Wizards

« Last Edit: September 01, 2022, 02:59:46 AM by Ed Monix »
5' 10" former point guard

Career highlight: 1973-74 championship, Boston Celtics

Career lowlight: traded for a washing machine

« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2022, 06:10:06 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3175
Do new jerseys have to be ugly? Is that an NBA directive?

« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2022, 06:43:57 PM »

Online rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325

Apparently so.

I'm especially appalled that they brought back—unaltered—some of the terrible 1990s "let's go crazy with graphics!" jerseys, namely the Pistons and Jazz (the Suns one (purple) is okay, but not great).

The Wizards one is another horrendous unaltered callback—in this case, calling back to the worst jersey in franchise history.

The other three Utah jerseys and all the Cavs ones look like cheapo practice jerseys.

I like the nod to clipper ships on the Clippers jersey (novel idea, huh?), but I'm disappointed that they're still going with the "thug life" font, which doesn't really go with the "clipper ship" theme.

The second Nets jersey and the second Spurs jersey are '70s throwbacks, and I like those. I wish that all teams would've gone with a '70s throwback (to keep things consistent, and because I generally really like the designs from the '70s).

I hate to say it, but I really like the yellow-white-and-light-blue Lakers throwback. Too bad they didn't do something similar for the Celtics.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2022, 06:45:09 PM »

• Satch Sanders
• Why green for Portland? And what does PDX come from?

You're telling me you don't refer to teams by their airport codes?  Get with the times man.

LOL. You're right, it's my fault. :laugh:
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2022, 07:17:25 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3175

Apparently so.

I'm especially appalled that they brought back—unaltered—some of the terrible 1990s "let's go crazy with graphics!" jerseys, namely the Pistons and Jazz (the Suns one (purple) is okay, but not great).

The Wizards one is another horrendous unaltered callback—in this case, calling back to the worst jersey in franchise history.

The other three Utah jerseys and all the Cavs ones look like cheapo practice jerseys.

I like the nod to clipper ships on the Clippers jersey (novel idea, huh?), but I'm disappointed that they're still going with the "thug life" font, which doesn't really go with the "clipper ship" theme.

The second Nets jersey and the second Spurs jersey are '70s throwbacks, and I like those. I wish that all teams would've gone with a '70s throwback (to keep things consistent, and because I generally really like the designs from the '70s).

I hate to say it, but I really like the yellow-white-and-light-blue Lakers throwback. Too bad they didn't do something similar for the Celtics.

Can we also go back to the home team wearing the light jersey and the away team wearing the dark jersey?

« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2022, 08:43:37 PM »

Offline W8ting2McHale

• NCE
  • Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 91

Apparently so.

I like the Nets and Spurs jerseys from the Dr. J and George Gervin eras.

Since Steve Ballmer bought the Clippers with Microsoft money, it would be funny if instead of the Clipper ships, they had a little Clippy on the shoulder giving helpful hints; “Do you really want to shoot this shot? Maybe you should pass!”

« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2022, 08:56:15 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Utah's rebranding is so darn boring.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2022, 10:05:12 PM »

Offline Ed Monix

• Bailey Howell
John Karalis @John_Karalis
about 6 minutes ago
according to the Celtics, they will unveil a special Bill Russell tribute 2022-23 City Edition uniform on opening night– a project that the league and team had been collaborating on with Russell himself in recent years - which they will wear a total of 12 times this season

Please don't suck.

From what I can gather, this is said jersey.

But with some variation of this patch.

« Last Edit: August 19, 2022, 10:21:13 PM by Ed Monix »

« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2022, 09:43:50 PM »

Offline Ed Monix

• Bailey Howell
Golden State Warriors

« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2022, 10:36:11 PM »

Offline Hoopvortex

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 164
How is it the Celtics have one of the epic jerseys in all of sports, but wear the most gawd-awful "city edition", whatever the hell they are called. If we have to wear one per Nike and League policies, can't we keep them simple and sharp and not stray too far from the regular unis ???? Seems other teams have done that each year, our hated rivals Lakers, Sixers & Knicks of all teams (though apparently the 76er jersey shown for this year is one of the worst looking shirts I have ever seen, looks like a bad rec league uni).

Who is responsible for these designs, the team or does Nike force them upon us ?

I don’t love this year’s version, but I don’t hate it, and think it’s still near the top of the designs this year.  Did they use Comic Sans for Brooklyn?

They should take it to its logical conclusion and re-name themselves the Netz.
'I was proud of Marcus Smart. He did a great job of keeping us together. He might not get credit for this game, but the pace that he played at, and his playcalling, some of the plays that he called were great. We obviously have to rely on him, so I’m definitely looking forward to Marcus leading this team in that role.' - Jaylen Brown, January 2021

« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2022, 08:27:35 AM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 653
  • MASTER OF PANIC
John Karalis @John_Karalis
about 6 minutes ago
according to the Celtics, they will unveil a special Bill Russell tribute 2022-23 City Edition uniform on opening night– a project that the league and team had been collaborating on with Russell himself in recent years - which they will wear a total of 12 times this season

Please don't suck.

From what I can gather, this is said jersey.

But with some variation of this patch.

Those are dreadful.

« Reply #27 on: August 29, 2022, 09:58:10 AM »

Offline GreenBoomer

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 7
Terrible looking jersey. Maybe they're changing their name to the Massachusetts Maulers or New England Pine Knots.

« Reply #28 on: August 29, 2022, 07:00:48 PM »

• Satch Sanders

Apparently so.

Can we also go back to the home team wearing the light jersey and the away team wearing the dark jersey?

I would prefer that.

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #29 on: August 29, 2022, 07:21:37 PM »

Offline perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 224
oh man, what happened to Clevelands uniforms? They had the best jerseys in the league from 03-10. Now every years they get worse and worse.