Author Topic: Soto traded to Padres  (Read 8770 times)

Soto traded to Padres
« on: August 02, 2022, 12:21:41 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
Juan Soto is a National no more.

Soto and Josh Bell

For

MacKenzie Gore
CJ Abrams
Robert Hassell 3
James Woods
Jarlin Susana
And a major leaguer to be named later
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

Re: Soto traded to Padres
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2022, 12:29:33 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
The Padres have been going for it.  I'm still not sure this puts them in the same class as the Dodgers, but it's a strong move.

Meanwhile, the Red Sox pinch pennies.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2022, 12:29:41 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
Sounds like Hosmer is in the proposed deal but needs to waive his no-trade clause.  Nats are on that list.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2022, 12:52:22 PM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
The Padres have been going for it.  I'm still not sure this puts them in the same class as the Dodgers, but it's a strong move.

My hope is that’s because they are going for signing Bogaerts and extending Devers in the offseason. We’ll have roughly 75 mil coming off the books, more than enough to do so and for other moves.

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2022, 01:28:00 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup

If Tatis can get back on the field, that is some crazy offense!
Yup

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2022, 01:31:13 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
Jon Heyman
@JonHeyman
·
25s
Hosmer has declined to go to the Nats in the Soto deal as is his contractual right. The deal is still happening. Soto is a Padre.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2022, 02:27:21 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Padres also got Hader from my Brewers.  they're intent on making the playoffs. 

Brewers give up their best trade asset and don't even get a good bat to address their anemic offense.  idiots.

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2022, 02:38:48 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
Sox are getting a heavily subsidized Hosmer.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2022, 03:38:36 PM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141
Imagine, SD announced this deal without checking with Hosmer who had a no trade clause.
They actually traded Hosmer who was not tradeable! Or at least without checking with him.
That shows that the SD GM is an amateur fantasy player throwing Fox West TV money around.
Hosmer has understandably rejected being traded, and SD could be in hot water because of it.

This could be a nice opportunity for Bloom to save his job and rescue that SD GM.

Oh wait, that's what they just did. Hosmer is pretty good. Now make Dalbec and Franchy disappear.
Good to see Hosmer did not reject this deal.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2022, 03:45:19 PM by Bobshot »

« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2022, 09:52:01 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja

the Sox on opening day had the 6th highest payroll in major league baseball. the owners have consistently shown they are not cheap.

http://www.stevetheump.com/Payrolls.htm

of course, that does not mean that the latest set of moves are good. i mean Pham? probably the most disliked guy in baseball with a record of being stabbed, choking people, and being a grade A a--hole? impressive for an aging player who can no longer hit. i have no idea why the traded for him...unless some sort of prospect is stapled to him.

reese mcguirie...he may be very bad at hitting a baseball and a public masturbator....but at least he's cheap! ($772K with 3 more arb years.)

this is not my favorite sox season....but the ownership is not cheap.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2022, 09:53:22 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • bammokja
Imagine, SD announced this deal without checking with Hosmer who had a no trade clause.
They actually traded Hosmer who was not tradeable! Or at least without checking with him.
That shows that the SD GM is an amateur fantasy player throwing Fox West TV money around.
Hosmer has understandably rejected being traded, and SD could be in hot water because of it.

This could be a nice opportunity for Bloom to save his job and rescue that SD GM.

Oh wait, that's what they just did. Hosmer is pretty good. Now make Dalbec and Franchy disappear.
Good to see Hosmer did not reject this deal.
true, hosmer is better than any inhouse answer for first base right now. he is not a bad hitter and not a bad fielder, and he is almost free!!! this deal i don't mind.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2022, 10:00:54 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

the Sox on opening day had the 6th highest payroll in major league baseball. the owners have consistently shown they are not cheap.

of course, that does not mean that the latest set of moves are good. i mean Pham? probably the most disliked guy in baseball with a record of being stabbed, choking people, and being a grade A a--hole? impressive for an aging player who can no longer hit. i have no idea why the traded for him...unless some sort of prospect is stapled to him.

reese mcguirie...he may be very bad at hitting a baseball and a public masturbator....but at least he's cheap! ($772K with 3 more arb years.)

Compared to their revenue and valuation, they’re cheap.

« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2022, 10:37:32 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • bammokja

and here i thought the amount spent on the team was the way to measure investment in the team.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2022, 10:47:16 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
Edit: Sorry, wrong thread.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2022, 10:52:37 PM by hpantazo »

« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2022, 10:58:44 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

and here i thought the amount spent on the team was the way to measure investment in the team.

Relative to resources, yes.

The third richest team having the sixth highest payroll isn’t impressive to me.