Author Topic: bring back kemba?  (Read 1732 times)

Re: bring back kemba?
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2022, 12:13:16 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 911
looks like he'll be bought out
could go anywhere then

here?

could do a lot worse as a backup PG

personally i'm still pulling for development from pritchard bc i love pritchard :)

but i wouldnt object to having a veteran pg like kemba around

i dont think we'd need to worry about his attitude / fitting in

If the C's wanted Kemba back they could have traded for him and gotten a lottery pick.  Isn't that what the NYK gave up yesterday to move him?
Kind of, the Knicks did give up their first this season (#11) but got back:

2023 first round pick from OKC via Detroit (protected 1-18 until 2024, protected 1-13 in 2025, protected 1-11 in 2026, protected 1-9 in 2027)
2023 first round pick from OKC via Washington (protected 1-14 in 2023, protected 1-12 in 2024, protected 1-10 in 2025, protected 1-8 in 2026)
2025 first-round pick from DET via Milwaukee (protected 1-4)
$18 million in cap space

This was not a case of the pick being only to dump Kemba, they got 3 future firsts back in the deal.

Draft picks! I remember what those were!

Mike

« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2022, 01:10:34 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1393
I always liked him but he's pretty much cooked.

Even for 15 minutes off bench?

« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2022, 01:59:28 PM »

Online Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1431
I always liked him but he's pretty much cooked.

Even for 15 minutes off bench?

I wouldn’t be interested In seeing 15mins of horrendous defense off the bench. Celtics traded him away for a reason. They also had many opportunities to bring IT back as well. Same scenario.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2022, 02:39:14 PM by Goldstar88 »
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2022, 02:01:38 PM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 392
looks like he'll be bought out
could go anywhere then

here?

could do a lot worse as a backup PG

personally i'm still pulling for development from pritchard bc i love pritchard :)

but i wouldnt object to having a veteran pg like kemba around

i dont think we'd need to worry about his attitude / fitting in

If the C's wanted Kemba back they could have traded for him and gotten a lottery pick.  Isn't that what the NYK gave up yesterday to move him?

And take on his salary? No thanks

Give me Kemba for the minimum! This dude can still win you a playoff game. There’s a huge difference between him being your starting PG and him being your 8th man lol

The biggest obstacle will be if his ego can take coming off the bench

Unlike IT, I don't think Kemba has an ego. He admitted one of this issues with the Cs was he deferred to the Jays too much because he didn't want to stand in the way of their development. He was being brought off the bench by NY, and they weren't a playoff team this year. The issue to me is cost. At vet min I don't care what his knees are like, he can be a veteran voice in the locker room, and someone to mentor PP and the other young guards. But anything more than that I don't think it would be worth it, given we will be a taxpaying team.

I remember reading somewhere that he wasn’t happy coming off the bench. Not to say that he was a problem in the locker room (he’s the ultimate professional) but that he obviously thought he deserved to start. Will he willfully go back to a situation where he’s guaranteed to come off the bench or would he rather hunt for a place where he can play starter minutes?
- LilRip

« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2022, 02:34:07 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Not a good  idea to bring him back, he is a huge liability on defense, he's old and he 's broke down, no thanks.  Easy Pass!