Author Topic: Speculation: Celtics eyeing John Collins  (Read 3588 times)

Speculation: Celtics eyeing John Collins
« on: June 23, 2022, 01:42:30 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 998
https://sports.yahoo.com/report-celtics-could-interest-trading-012138743.html

Per Zach Harper from the Athletics: reports his sources as hearing Boston “could be interested in a deal for Collins.”

A frontcourt of Tatum/Timelord/Collins would be pretty formidable and dynamic. Prob a package surrounding D.White and Smart gets this trade discussion going though

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

Re: Speculation: Celtics eyeing John Collins
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2022, 01:59:15 AM »

Offline nebist

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 67
I’d consider White, Grant, and a top 3 protected 2023 1st for Collins. He seems like a pretty ideal fit for us short and long term. Not sure if that would be enough for Atlanta, but they could sure use two versatile defenders like White and Grant.

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2022, 02:23:04 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
https://sports.yahoo.com/report-celtics-could-interest-trading-012138743.html

Per Zach Harper from the Athletics: reports his sources as hearing Boston “could be interested in a deal for Collins.”

A frontcourt of Tatum/Timelord/Collins would be pretty formidable and dynamic. Prob a package surrounding D.White and Smart gets this trade discussion going though
That is an insane overpay. It would have to be White + Theis + picks / prospects for Brad to be interested. Otherwise it's too much of an identity change.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2022, 05:34:28 AM »

Offline seancally

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 119
Latest rumor has Collins to SAS for Murray. But I don’t love the Trae/Murray fit in ATL, actually think Collins is better there.

So why don’t we get in the middle. Smart to ATL, Collins to SAS, Murray to BOS — and then send out whatever Pritchard/Nesmith/GW combo you need to, plus picks as appropriate, to SAS?
"The game honors toughness." - President Stevens

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2022, 07:44:05 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Latest rumor has Collins to SAS for Murray. But I don’t love the Trae/Murray fit in ATL, actually think Collins is better there.

So why don’t we get in the middle. Smart to ATL, Collins to SAS, Murray to BOS — and then send out whatever Pritchard/Nesmith/GW combo you need to, plus picks as appropriate, to SAS?
SAS would need a lot more
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2022, 08:33:32 AM »

Offline BruceBanner18

• NCE
  • Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 73
I've been promoting Smart for Collins since prepandemic and I'm sticking with it. It's a win-win. Smart is perfect next to Young and provides toughness, defense and leadership while Collins with Brown, Tatum and Williams could be a juggernaut. It solidifies our size advantage, mitigates Time Lord injury risks and adds a true perimeter shooting big.

The issue has always been Collins value is much higher but smarts value is at an all time high and ATL seems ready to shake things up.

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2022, 08:37:29 AM »

Offline Dchuck

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 72

Where do I sign??

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2022, 08:38:23 AM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
Cs were linked to him last trade deadline too, before he started his new contract. He was on the select squad for team USA too, which means Ime, Tatum, Brown, and Smart all have familiarity with him.

Theis, Stauskas, Nesmith, Morgan, and Pritchard works. I think this kinda of trade is one of the main reasons CBS signed Morgan and Stauskas to a second year.

However, I'm guessing the Hawks don't want that trade unless its opening something else for them. The Cs could take another big contract so the Hawks could get more space (they can absorb Huerter into the TE).

More likely though, this would need to be a three team trade where the third team is giving what the Hawks want, but for some reason doesn't want Collins back.

How about this? The Wizards already have multiple young forwards similar to Collins. If Beal wants to go the Hawks, we could help facilitate it.

Celtics: Collins
Hawks: Beal
Wizards: Heurter (unless they don't want him in which case we can take him into our TE), Stauskas, Morgan, Pritchard, Theis, Nesmith, Hawks 2022 1st, Hawks 2024 1st, future Boston 1st
« Last Edit: June 23, 2022, 08:47:03 AM by DefenseWinsChamps »

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2022, 08:42:24 AM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 656
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Rather have Huerter and not disrupt the core. Collins would require a lot going out the door.

« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2022, 08:47:08 AM »

Offline seancally

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 119

Would they? SAS signaled they would look for a “Jrue Holiday-type return” for Murray. Holiday went for Bledsoe, George Hill and future picks.
"The game honors toughness." - President Stevens

« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2022, 08:49:22 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1547

Would they? SAS signaled they would look for a “Jrue Holiday-type return” for Murray. Holiday went for Bledsoe, George Hill and future picks.
but in this scenario they would be getting Collins so you have top Collins or they should just take him on.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2022, 09:23:26 AM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
From what I have seen in the past his defense is a little subpar. In a switch everything defense I’m not sure how that would look with him.

« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2022, 09:24:34 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 414
Love to have John Collins here!! I been wanting that for couple of years now..

Williams
Collins
Tatum
Brown
Smart

Great lineup
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2022, 09:52:21 AM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1557
From what I have seen in the past his defense is a little subpar. In a switch everything defense I’m not sure how that would look with him.

i do not know enough about him. i can look up stats but stats are like bikinis and do not show everything.

LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2022, 09:54:14 AM »

Offline tonydelk

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 468
Love to have John Collins here!! I been wanting that for couple of years now..

Williams
Collins
Tatum
Brown
Smart

Great lineup

Very good lineup but we'd need to hope some vet would chase a ring.  We'd have Horford on the Bench and that's about it.  Bench scoring was a major bane in the side of the C's this year.  (If the C's had Bane they'd have won this year)