Author Topic: Alec Burks  (Read 2232 times)

Re: Alec Burks
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2022, 12:09:08 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Let's say these two offers are on the table:

Burks + two NYK #2s for TPE

Richardson for TPE + two BOS #2s

Which would you prefer?
Richardson easily -- especially since I think he'd have been more effective in the playoffs than the person we acquired

Yeah, he's proven to be effective here. That is a big plus for Josh Richardson. Burks not only does not have that but has a patchy record throughout his career of being effective / ineffective in different places. Highly inconsistent player. Definitely Richardson over Burks.
agreed, he showed he could be very effective in the current scheme before he was traded

« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2022, 12:32:58 PM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
Burks is a guy they'll keep or jettison depending on the Brunson free agency. My gut tells me the NYK will end up with Brunson and Burks will have to go. Shooting guard with a 38.0 3FG% over his career and over 40% for each of the last 3 years. His defense under Thibs has been better than before. Burks played himself back into a decent contract after earlier injuries almost had him out of the NBA. Over the last three seasons, he's averaged 65+ games per year and was available for 87% of the games the Knicks played. That's better than the combined average for the Js and Smart over the same time frame.

If his foot passes muster, I'd be fine with him for scoring off the bench. He played in 81 games last season, so whatever the surgery was for, it wasn't something that hindered his availability.

I don't expect we'll get a potential star like Murray with our TPE and late picks, but will have to look for multiple worthy cap casualties to greatly improve our bench. JayMychal Green is another guy like that.

« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2022, 12:02:35 PM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
Brian Robb @BrianTRobb
about 2 hours ago

New: The #Celtics turned down an Alec Burks deal into their TPE from the Knicks before his trade to the Pistons per league sources. A closer look at why and what comes next for Boston with free agency looming: masslive.com/celtics/2022/0…

« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2022, 12:04:11 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Brian Robb @BrianTRobb
about 2 hours ago

New: The #Celtics turned down an Alec Burks deal into their TPE from the Knicks before his trade to the Pistons per league sources. A closer look at why and what comes next for Boston with free agency looming: masslive.com/celtics/2022/0…

That's all fine, so long as we eventually get somebody as good or better than Burks, Noel, Fournier, etc.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2022, 12:08:06 PM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
Brian Robb @BrianTRobb
about 2 hours ago

That's all fine, so long as we eventually get somebody as good or better than Burks, Noel, Fournier, etc.

I would hope they have something already lined up.

Brian Robb:The Celtics had been linked to Burks in a SNY report on Tuesday, however, league sources told MassLive that the team turned down a Knicks offer of Burks into their TPE earlier this month.

« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2022, 12:15:45 PM »

Offline nebist

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 67
Brian Robb @BrianTRobb
about 2 hours ago

I’m considering Kennard my floor for a decent use of the TPE. Essentially, I’d consider Kennard a better acquisition than Burks, etc. If we can get Kennard or better (Murray? Huerter? Beasley? Marcus Morris? Someone else?), I’d feel pretty good. If we have to settle for someone worse than Kennard (Terrence Ross territory? Not use it at all?), that would be bad.