Author Topic: What’s the Last TV Series You Watched?  (Read 56367 times)

Re: What’s the Last TV Series You Watched?
« Reply #30 on: July 15, 2022, 05:21:14 PM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 550
3.  Star Trek Discovery and Strange New World

Strange New Worlds is good.  I don't care for Discovery, though.  I just don't like the cast.  Season 1 was okay, but I thought it went downhill in Season 2.  I didn't watch beyond that.  Picard has had a couple of good moments, but overall has been a big disappointment for me, as well.
Discovery is terrible.  The only things I liked about it were the Saru character and Michelle Yeoh as Emperor Philippa Georgiou.  Picard is okay.   

I haven't finished the 1st season of Strange New Worlds but I'm really enjoying it so far.  The cast and characters are good.  Has a much more realistic, professional feel to it. 

« Reply #31 on: July 15, 2022, 11:46:22 PM »

Online Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1431
Starting to think Westworld has run its course… first few seasons I really enjoyed and each since has been progressively worse than the one before…
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #32 on: July 16, 2022, 02:04:34 AM »

Offline RPGenerate

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 468
In the middle of watching Arcane, and the animation is just superb. With the success of this and Spiderverse, I hope that style of animation starts to be used more.
2023 No Top 75 Fantasy Draft Los Angeles Clippers
PG: Dennis Johnson / Jo Jo White / Stephon Marbury
SG: Sidney Moncrief / World B. Free
SF: Chris Mullin / Ron Artest
PF: Detlef Schrempf / Tom Chambers / Buck Williams
C: Ben Wallace / Andrew Bynum

« Reply #33 on: July 17, 2022, 07:31:05 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
In the middle of watching Arcane, and the animation is just superb. With the success of this and Spiderverse, I hope that style of animation starts to be used more.
I haven't gotten around to Arcane, but if it's anything like Spiderverse I'm in.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #34 on: July 17, 2022, 07:48:09 PM »

Online Silas

• 2020 CelticsStrong Draft Guru
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1799
Finishing Picard, not worthy of a recommendation.  I like Strange New Worlds.   Discovery was ok, but again, not worthy of a recommendation.   
I've lived through some terrible things in my life, some of which actually happened.   -  Mark Twain

« Reply #35 on: July 17, 2022, 08:25:02 PM »

Online kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2478
Finishing Picard, not worthy of a recommendation.  I like Strange New Worlds.   Discovery was ok, but again, not worthy of a recommendation.

Agree Strange New Worlds is the best of the three. Really a great show.

Picard and Discovery are decent but are overburdened by their need for serial galaxy-saving mega-adventures and constant emotional catharsis.

I mean, does Michael Burnham need to be crying in every single episode? She's supposed to be a captain lol. It gets silly after a while.

« Reply #36 on: August 05, 2022, 12:21:09 PM »

Online Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1431
Finished the first season of "Nathan for you" on Amazon video. I don't usually laugh out loud watching a show, but this series makes me..Some of the stuff he does is just outrageous and it's amazing how he's able to keep a straight face through it all.
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #37 on: August 05, 2022, 12:30:54 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Papergirls was pretty good.  People lazily compare it to Stranger Things, but that's not the vibe. 

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #38 on: August 05, 2022, 01:04:31 PM »

Offline johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 298
The second season still has 3 episodes remaining, but I highly recommend Only Murders in the Building on Hulu.

« Reply #39 on: August 05, 2022, 01:16:59 PM »

Offline Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 985
The second season still has 3 episodes remaining, but I highly recommend Only Murders in the Building on Hulu.

I definitely agree.  But for those who haven’t watched, you need to watch Season 1 first, as it’s a mystery and knowledge of season 1 events are largely assumed to be known.

Also, Apple’s The AfterParty is a fun murder mystery with a similar comedic bent as Only Murders.  If you like one you’ll like the other.

« Reply #40 on: August 05, 2022, 04:03:22 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

I definitely agree.  But for those who haven’t watched, you need to watch Season 1 first, as it’s a mystery and knowledge of season 1 events are largely assumed to be known.

Also, Apple’s The AfterParty is a fun murder mystery with a similar comedic bent as Only Murders.  If you like one you’ll like the other.
liked them both.  Strange New Worlds is the best of the recent Star Trek fare by far.

Really love Evil.  no one is more hatable than Michael Emerson. 

« Reply #41 on: August 05, 2022, 04:24:47 PM »

Online kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2478

liked them both.  Strange New Worlds is the best of the recent Star Trek fare by far.

Both great shows. Paramount has been killing it lately.

Evil is great. At first i thought it was "X-files with demons," but it is so much deeper and more unpredictable.

« Reply #42 on: August 05, 2022, 04:38:39 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Papergirls was pretty good.  People lazily compare it to Stranger Things, but that's not the vibe.

I think all comparisons on some level have an inherent level of laziness attached to them

« Reply #43 on: August 05, 2022, 06:20:50 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Evil is great. At first i thought it was "X-files with demons," but it is so much deeper and more unpredictable.

Does Evil take awhile to pick up?  I’ve heard a lot of great things, but it hasn’t gripped me after four episodes or so.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #44 on: August 05, 2022, 06:30:58 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

Does Evil take awhile to pick up?  I’ve heard a lot of great things, but it hasn’t gripped me after four episodes or so.
I don't think it'd take a while to pick up but I found it to get better through the first season through current.  still 2-3 episodes to be put out this season I believe.  having watched all the shows does help explain where things are at (obviously)
« Last Edit: August 05, 2022, 10:45:33 PM by slamtheking »