Author Topic: What’s the Last TV Series You Watched?  (Read 57370 times)

Re: What’s the Last TV Series You Watched?
« Reply #285 on: March 02, 2023, 08:50:38 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1435
1883 is really good. Sam Elliot is such a great actor.
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #286 on: March 02, 2023, 11:10:07 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1546
I'm enjoying Wolfpack on Paramount+.  Keeps me interested.  Nice pacing.  may be a bit too much high school drama for some people, but I don't mind those shows.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #287 on: March 02, 2023, 11:35:28 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450

I agree but I think I like 1923 better.
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #288 on: March 03, 2023, 04:21:14 AM »

Offline Indocelts

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 230
I can't believe that this will be the 10th and final season of the Blacklist.

« Reply #289 on: March 03, 2023, 07:24:12 AM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166

I don't know.  Just finished 1923 and it seems like the story didn't move at all.
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

« Reply #290 on: March 03, 2023, 07:50:44 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404

I don't know.  Just finished 1923 and it seems like the story didn't move at all.

Felt like they were milking it to get multiple seasons out of it.

« Reply #291 on: March 03, 2023, 07:57:55 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

For sure.  The African storyline dragged a bit, and was silly at times.  And, some of the scenes were gratuitously misogynistic.  But overall, it kept me entertained, and Ford and Mirren were great.

In 1883, I just didn’t care for Elsa.  In general, I don’t care for how Sheridan writes love stories (1883, 1923, Yellowstone, Mayor of Kingstown).

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #292 on: March 03, 2023, 08:20:15 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
The Last of Us is starting to lose me a bit with the back stories.  I’m ok with a flashback or two but several episodes have been 95% back story and maybe 5% plot advancement.
Yup

« Reply #293 on: March 03, 2023, 08:39:55 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
I can't believe that this will be the 10th and final season of the Blacklist.
surprised they bothered to continue after killing off Elizabeth.  doesn't really seem to have much of a point now.

« Reply #294 on: March 03, 2023, 08:41:37 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
The Last of Us is starting to lose me a bit with the back stories.  I’m ok with a flashback or two but several episodes have been 95% back story and maybe 5% plot advancement.
one full episode of historical flashback/sidetrack would have been ok.  2 have really put a crimp in interest of this show.  episodes were well done but they really didn't advance the storyline much at all.

« Reply #295 on: March 03, 2023, 08:57:09 AM »

Online Silas

• 2020 CelticsStrong Draft Guru
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1806
one full episode of historical flashback/sidetrack would have been ok.  2 have really put a crimp in interest of this show.  episodes were well done but they really didn't advance the storyline much at all.

Thinking the same...
I've lived through some terrible things in my life, some of which actually happened.   -  Mark Twain

« Reply #296 on: March 03, 2023, 10:05:47 AM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 550
I agree.  Not only have the flashbacks not advanced the storyline they haven't helped develop the main characters.  Based on references during the episodes, the flashback episode that they should have done would be of Joel, his brother and Tess and how they survived after the outbreak.  Sounds like Joel and his brother are haunted by what they did to survive. 

My least favorite episode is the Kansas City episode.  Not a flashback but a waste of time developing characters who would just get killed off and characters that I didn't like to boot.  Also the fungus plot point continues to be stupider and stupider.  Finally, the overall atmosphere is lacking.  It just doesn't feel like a post apocalyptic environment a lot of the time. 

« Reply #297 on: March 03, 2023, 10:19:21 AM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2952
  • On To Banner 18!
I'm really not looking forward to TLOU Season 2 (the 2nd game's version). Sorry but I just didn't like it, and the overall plot of it felt ridiculous (and inconsistent)

*SPOILER ALERT (DON'T READ IF YOU DON'T WANT TO BE SPOILED)*

I'd love it though if they kept Joel alive though unlike the game. I think they'd win even more fans that way.

The TV show has been awesome though so far!
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #298 on: March 03, 2023, 10:19:28 AM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson

For sure.  The African storyline dragged a bit, and was silly at times.  And, some of the scenes were gratuitously misogynistic.  But overall, it kept me entertained, and Ford and Mirren were great.

In 1883, I just didn’t care for Elsa.  In general, I don’t care for how Sheridan writes love stories (1883, 1923, Yellowstone, Mayor of Kingstown).
So far I've only watched the 1st 4 episodes on 1923 but the African storyline was nonsense.  Not sure what scenes, you are referring to, but things were very misogynistic back in 1923.  Women in the US had just gotten the vote a few years earlier.  At that time, women's place was most certainly in the home. 

In 1883, Elsa (and her narrative) were the best part.  Remove her and there is not much left of the story.  What love stories are there on Yellowstone? 

« Reply #299 on: March 03, 2023, 10:24:45 AM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
I'm really not looking forward to TLOU Season 2 (the 2nd game's version). Sorry but I just didn't like it, and the overall plot of it felt ridiculous (and inconsistent)

*SPOILER ALERT (DON'T READ IF YOU DON'T WANT TO BE SPOILED)*

I'd love it though if they kept Joel alive though unlike the game. I think they'd win even more fans that way.

The TV show has been awesome though so far!
I don't know either of the games and I think the TV show has been pretty mediocre so far.  However at some point, I think Joel's fate should be to die saving Ellie.  That would be a bookend to how he couldn't save his own daughter.