Author Topic: What’s the Last TV Series You Watched?  (Read 53331 times)

Re: What’s the Last TV Series You Watched?
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2022, 08:57:14 AM »

Online Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1416
I just finished Schitt's Creek. Hilarious.

Gotta watch the last episode of Ms Marvel. Yawn.

Last season of Peaky Blinders. Another excellent season. Love this series.

Starting Grace and Frankie. Some very funny, intelligent humor so far.

Schitt’s Creek was really good. One of the better series on Netflix for sure. Also thought it was pretty cool that both Eugene Levy’s kids were in the show. David was the best character, IMO. I couldn’t get into Peaky Blinders, but I only gave it a few episodes. I’m going to try it again.
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2022, 09:00:37 AM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
Just wrapped up season 4 of Stranger Things and watched the Obi Wan mini-series.

Now, I'm aimlessly diving thru the original Knight Rider.  About halfway thru season two at the moment.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2022, 09:08:39 AM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2509
I just finished Schitt's Creek. Hilarious.

Gotta watch the last episode of Ms Marvel. Yawn.

Last season of Peaky Blinders. Another excellent season. Love this series.

Starting Grace and Frankie. Some very funny, intelligent humor so far.

Schitt’s Creek was really good. One of the better series on Netflix for sure. Also thought it was pretty cool that both Eugene Levy’s kids were in the show. David was the best character, IMO. I couldn’t get into Peaky Blinders, but I only gave it a few episodes. I’m going to try it again.

I am the same with Peaky Blinders -- watched a couple episodes a while back and it didn't pull me in.   But a lot of people seem to like it so I'm considering a retry.

« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2022, 09:32:13 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I am the same with Peaky Blinders -- watched a couple episodes a while back and it didn't pull me in.   But a lot of people seem to like it so I'm considering a retry.

I did the same thing.  Years ago, I read the description and reviews, and assumed I'd love it.  For whatever reason, I couldn't get into it after an episode or two.  I came back to it maybe three years ago, and loved it.

One thing I would suggest:  put on subtitles.  Particularly in the early seasons, some of those accents are *thick*.

But, be warned:  there's a fair amount of violence.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2022, 09:40:50 AM »

Offline RMO

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 104
It only took me ten years or so but finally watched The Sopranos.

Not an easy one to watch in a small house with young kids. 

« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2022, 09:40:54 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
Shows that I've finished recently:

Stranger Things
The Boys
Umbrella Academy

I enjoyed all three of them very much.  It's tough knowing that we'll be waiting a long time for the next season of each.

Other shows I have liked in the last six months or so:  Severance, Succession, Peacemaker, Underneath the Banner of Heaven, Yellowstone, From, Marvelous Mrs. Maisel

What I'm currently watching:

Better Call Saul -- the series is so much different than I imagined that it would be (I figured we'd see more zany court cases), but it's got a good argument for being the best show on TV right now

Blackbird -- I'm three episodes in on Apple TV.  I like it so far, but I don't love it

MasterChef -- I'm a sucker for Gordon Ramsay

We Own This City -- I've only watched one episode, and then I got distracted.  But, I'll come back to it.  Seems good.

Next up:  The Old Man.  I'm going to wait a bit to start this, as I generally don't like going week-to-week.  I hear it's excellent.

New seasons coming soon:  City on a Hill; Locke and Key

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2022, 10:03:56 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
Ms. Marvel

What did you think of it. Any good?
I enjoyed it, but I love the teenage angst type shows, especially with superpowered individuals.  Spiderman is my all time favorite comic book character and Ms. Marvel has a lot of the feel of the newer Spiderman movies.  I thought they did a nice job overall on the origin story (though it is different than the comics).  I will be interested to see how her chemistry is with Captain Marvel and Photon, Spectrum, or whatever Monica Rambeau's superhero name will be in the The Marvels movie next summer. 

They also finally dropped the M-word in the finale, which is awesome if some of the other rumblings come to be.  With Professor X and Scarlet Witch  in Dr. Strange 2 (and the nod in Wandavision having Quicksilver from the X-Men films play her brother), now Kamala having a "mutation" (as well as the X-Men theme song playing in the finale), and rumors of Taron Egerton in talks to play Wolverine, it will be awesome if the X-Men finally join the MCU. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2022, 10:23:54 AM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2509
Mrs Marvel is good - good writing and good acting, but definitely not for everyone. I think many would find it dull. I like it.
Stranger things S4 - very good.
Yellowstone- very good
Lupin - decent, worth watching and I’m guessing many haven’t seen it.
Ozark - great
Reacher S1 - worth a watch
Better Call Saul - very good

Hah!!  I wrote Mrs. Marvel not realizing that there is a show called Ms. Marvel AND not realizing that I meant to write Mrs. Maisel.  Age rearing it’s ugly head.  Marvelous Mrs. Maisel is good for the right viewer but probably not everyone. I enjoy the standup (loosely based on Joan Rivers) enjoyed the Johnny Mathis (loosely based) story line, think the manager is a kick and am a Tony Shaloub fan. Good acting, good writing.

As for Ms. Marvel I haven’t a clue. 

« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2022, 11:29:13 AM »

Online Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1416
Murders in the Building I think is the best and most creative show I have seen in a while. It’s short and not suspenseful but good comedy, great writing and creative smart style makes it a great show.

I’ve heard a lot of good things about that show. Definitely on my list.
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2022, 11:40:33 AM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 907
Murders in the Building I think is the best and most creative show I have seen in a while. It’s short and not suspenseful but good comedy, great writing and creative smart style makes it a great show.

Funny, just came here to post about OMITB. Very, very funny, particularly for those who like dry wit. Similar humor to Arrested Development but a little more accessible.

One other thing: Obviously, the two Martins have chemistry, but I was shocked by how it extended to Selena Gomez. She's perfect as Mabel.

Mike

« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2022, 11:55:56 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Just finished Yellowstone. Cinematic but a bit melodramatic. Some of acting quite good, some pretty bad. Has Lonesome Dove feel, although that was far superior IMO.

Montana landscape is breathtakingly beautiful. Man I might just move there!

« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2022, 01:38:53 PM »

Offline Amonkey

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203

Funny, just came here to post about OMITB. Very, very funny, particularly for those who like dry wit. Similar humor to Arrested Development but a little more accessible.

One other thing: Obviously, the two Martins have chemistry, but I was shocked by how it extended to Selena Gomez. She's perfect as Mabel.

Mike

I think the acting has been great, music is on point and on the second season, I like how they are changing the style of the episodes as they see fit that works with the show. I like how initially you have superficial impression of the character, but as it goes on, they keep adding layers that makes even more sense on why they are the way they are. Very well done show.
Baby Jesus!

« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2022, 02:09:00 PM »

Offline lbgreen33

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 51
My List,

1.  The Offer,  Maybe the best TV show I have Ever watched!! It's that good
2.  1883
3.  Star Trek Discovery and Strange New World
4.  Yellowstone
5.  The Boys

« Reply #28 on: July 15, 2022, 02:17:18 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
3.  Star Trek Discovery and Strange New World

Strange New Worlds is good.  I don't care for Discovery, though.  I just don't like the cast.  Season 1 was okay, but I thought it went downhill in Season 2.  I didn't watch beyond that.  Picard has had a couple of good moments, but overall has been a big disappointment for me, as well.

« Reply #29 on: July 15, 2022, 02:31:08 PM »

Offline lbgreen33

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 51
I have to agree that Discovery went downhill.