Author Topic: Following our Finals loss, what's your ideal offseason?  (Read 14281 times)

Re: Following our Finals loss, what's your ideal offseason?
« Reply #45 on: June 17, 2022, 12:29:55 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
Nesmith. He has to become a functional, contributor off the bench that can make shots. He has a skill set that they desperately need but for some reason can’t figure it out.

Agree here. Not sure what happened to him this season, but he's shown flashes. If he can just consistently hit shots and harness that chaotic energy defensively, he'd be exactly what this team needs.

Next season is a make or break year for Nesmith in BOS.

« Reply #46 on: June 17, 2022, 12:35:37 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 998
We need a bench. We need scorers. We need a true point who can facilitate and ballhandle. We need freaking coaches who can help develop a sane offense. Less with 3pt shooting more mixing with midrange or paint damage.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #47 on: June 17, 2022, 12:46:39 AM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 659
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Is horford for sure back next season (barring a trade)?

« Reply #48 on: June 17, 2022, 01:24:41 AM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 379
Kevin Durant wanting out of that Kyrie/Simmons Circus and coming here to compete with the GSW for next season.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #49 on: June 17, 2022, 01:28:27 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 998
Kevin Durant wanting out of that Kyrie/Simmons Circus and coming here to compete with the GSW for next season.

Bring him in.

But he might also want to bring Kyrie with him lol

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #50 on: June 17, 2022, 01:40:37 AM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2159
Bring every main rotation guy back.

- Trade Theis, Stauskas, 2nd rounder and cash for Olynk. Detroit also saves $4 Million as they can immediately cut Stauskas.
- Absorb Crowder for cash and a 2nd Rounder, via TPE, from the cheap Suns.
- Pacers sign and trade Ricky Rubio for 2nd Rounder, via TPE remainder.
- MLE Taurean Prince or old friend Jeff Green.
- Sign Rondo and IT2 to cheerlead, locker room. Rondo is a future coach and will be in image rehab mode.

Starters:

TL
Horford
Tatum
Brown
Smart

Bench:

Rubio
Neismith
D White
G Williams
Pritchard
Crowder
Olynk
Taurean Prince

Haslems:

IT2
Rondo

« Reply #51 on: June 17, 2022, 01:48:21 AM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
My ideal offseason involves me sticking to my current wish: to not pay one single moment of attention to a team that played us all for fools and totally wilted under the hot lights.

Hey, these guys had an unbelievable second half of the season and playoff run. They beat the defending champs in game 7 after going down 3-2, and they beat the Heat on the road in game 7. Gotta appreciate what they did and the effort they gave in the Finals. They just don't have that next level maturity yet. This is what you have to go through sometimes to get it.

Funny how the Warriors didn't have to go through that in their first Finals trip.

I know, good season, they turned things around, but that means nothing to me right now. These guys went from being on the verge of going up 3-1 to losing three straight and looking downright pathetic in the process. Like, they literally couldn't even hold on to the ball, or stop handing the ball (and easy points) to the Warriors.

For years we've been hearing how "the Celtics were built to beat the Warriors." Now we know what a farce that idea was.

The Celtics shouldn’t be in the finals months ago. Their inexperience caught up with them. They had incredible season though and they’ll learn from it.

« Reply #52 on: June 17, 2022, 01:48:39 AM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737
Bradley Beal opts in and forces his way to Boston like CP3 forced his way to Houston in 2017. It works if he hits free agency as well, but we'd become hard capped at the apron.

« Reply #53 on: June 17, 2022, 02:03:23 AM »

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 94
Put this exact statement in another thread but fits here

Honestly, I think Boston's mentality this summer should be thinking like Middleton didn't get hurt and Boston lost to Milwaukee in the ECS.  I think that is the more realistic view of the team and as such the summer should be planned like that.  And that thought shouldn't change no matter the outcome of the last 2 games of this series.

This board has a big time habit of overreacting to the moment and not really accounting for injuries.  We saw that a lot in 2012 where a lot of this board was thinking that Boston was still a true contender because they pushed Miami to 7 in the ECF.  But Bosh didn't play until game 5 and once he was back and reasonably healthy, Miami went back to crushing the C's.  That was also the year Rose blew out his knee against the Sixers in the 1st round and Boston ended up playing the 8th seeded Sixers in the 2nd round (who took Boston to 7 games).

I just don't want to see Boston treat this summer like it is really close and do all sorts of short term moves.  Boston needs to still find a legit 3rd piece or just better fitting pieces in general, especially as Horford ages and Rob still can't stay healthy.

This. We ought to assume we lost in the second round. We were VERY lucky to get by Giannis. If Middleton does not get injured, Bucks likely repeat as champs this year. Of course, we may get lucky and Holiday and/or Middleton fall off a cliff due to aging. But I would not bank on that for another 2-3 years.

« Reply #54 on: June 17, 2022, 02:06:07 AM »

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
get Jonathan Isaac with the tpe

Unfortunately, I think he does not quite fit the TPE. Feel like I looked into that at the deadline as an outside-the-box gamble.

« Reply #55 on: June 17, 2022, 02:09:51 AM »

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
I'd get in on Mitchell. Offer them Smart, TL, GW and a few 1st. If he isn't available then go Picks, Smart and GW for Collins. Mitchell can be an Alpha. Collins would be long term replacement for Al.

Horrible D. Mitchell does not fit our defensive identity and cannot be the floor general we need. Plus, Timelord is not done growing. Frankly, Tatum and Timelord are the only true untouchables for me right now (although I’d like to see most everybody come back and wouldn’t even be mad if we came back with the same starting five$

« Reply #56 on: June 17, 2022, 02:10:25 AM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 550

Honestly, I think Boston's mentality this summer should be thinking like Middleton didn't get hurt and Boston lost to Milwaukee in the ECS.  I think that is the more realistic view of the team and as such the summer should be planned like that.  And that thought shouldn't change no matter the outcome of the last 2 games of this series.

This board has a big time habit of overreacting to the moment and not really accounting for injuries.  We saw that a lot in 2012 where a lot of this board was thinking that Boston was still a true contender because they pushed Miami to 7 in the ECF.  But Bosh didn't play until game 5 and once he was back and reasonably healthy, Miami went back to crushing the C's.  That was also the year Rose blew out his knee against the Sixers in the 1st round and Boston ended up playing the 8th seeded Sixers in the 2nd round (who took Boston to 7 games).

I just don't want to see Boston treat this summer like it is really close and do all sorts of short term moves.  Boston needs to still find a legit 3rd piece or just better fitting pieces in general, especially as Horford ages and Rob still can't stay healthy.

This. We ought to assume we lost in the second round. We were VERY lucky to get by Giannis. If Middleton does not get injured, Bucks likely repeat as champs this year. Of course, we may get lucky and Holiday and/or Middleton fall off a cliff due to aging. But I would not bank on that for another 2-3 years.

Absolutely 1000% no to this. I'm no convinced if Middleton is healthy the Bucks win. Not at all. The c's played badly that series, Williams was a shell of himself. Replay that series with everyone healthy 100 times i think the c's in 50 of them.

« Reply #57 on: June 17, 2022, 02:12:42 AM »

Offline angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 592
You shop smart. Find a actual general for the floor.
Depending on the target,, add brown in.

Tired of looking at a team who can't play with attention to detail
Still don't believe in Joe.

« Reply #58 on: June 17, 2022, 02:15:05 AM »

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell

Absolutely 1000% no to this. I'm no convinced if Middleton is healthy the Bucks win. Not at all. The c's played badly that series, Williams was a shell of himself. Replay that series with everyone healthy 100 times i think the c's in 50 of them.

I agree it’s 50-50 when all are healthy. I’m just saying Middleton healthy and Timelord injured = we lose the series.

It would be amazing if Timelord could stay healthy. He was only 75% against GSW. If he could stay healthy, along with everyone else, we may be unbeatable. It’s easy to forget just how good we are when everyone is healthy. The biggest problem is Timelord and Smart seem injury-prone. 

« Reply #59 on: June 17, 2022, 02:20:01 AM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2159

Meh.  Give me TL and Smart at 100% for that series and they can have Middleton