Author Topic: Following our Finals loss, what's your ideal offseason?  (Read 14276 times)

Re: Following our Finals loss, what's your ideal offseason?
« Reply #180 on: June 22, 2022, 06:41:30 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
Think there's a chance Jordan Clarkson gets moved? If so, I'd LOVE to acquire him. He'd be an awesome, and lethal 6th man for us

Add another solid bench piece (preferably a PF/C) and suddenly you have a team that's 9-10 men deep and if a guy like Nesmith shows improvement, even better.

I thought Clarkson has been a liability for Utah for the last year & change. He wasn't able to maintain his hot outside shooting from the first half of the previous season. Without that 3 point threat, Clarkson wasn't able to be a good enough to be that extra perimeter threat / creator that Utah needed.

I don't think he is what we need.

« Reply #181 on: June 22, 2022, 07:47:03 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Think there's a chance Jordan Clarkson gets moved? If so, I'd LOVE to acquire him. He'd be an awesome, and lethal 6th man for us

Add another solid bench piece (preferably a PF/C) and suddenly you have a team that's 9-10 men deep and if a guy like Nesmith shows improvement, even better.

I thought Clarkson has been a liability for Utah for the last year & change. He wasn't able to maintain his hot outside shooting from the first half of the previous season. Without that 3 point threat, Clarkson wasn't able to be a good enough to be that extra perimeter threat / creator that Utah needed.

I don't think he is what we need.
Yep, there's no guarantee Clarkson returns to his form of the 2 seasons prior to this latest one.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #182 on: June 25, 2022, 11:38:42 AM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 742
Kenyon Martin Jr has asked the Rockets for a trade. I'd like to see him in Boston. Young, athletic, two way 3&D player.

He would be a good backup SF for BOS.
He’d be a great cheap pickup. Any rumours on what it would cost?

No I didn't see any. I imagine it would be a late first or early second round pick. Maybe two middle round 2nds.

Please say Nesmith, please say Nesmith, please say Nesmith....

Nesmith and a 2nd sounds reasonable to me.
K-Mart Jr. would be perfect.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #183 on: June 25, 2022, 11:58:40 AM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
Kenyon Martin Jr has asked the Rockets for a trade. I'd like to see him in Boston. Young, athletic, two way 3&D player.

He would be a good backup SF for BOS.
He’d be a great cheap pickup. Any rumours on what it would cost?

No I didn't see any. I imagine it would be a late first or early second round pick. Maybe two middle round 2nds.

Please say Nesmith, please say Nesmith, please say Nesmith....

Nesmith and a 2nd sounds reasonable to me.
K-Mart Jr. would be perfect.

I might be wrong, but Martin has always seemed a bit entitled to me. Why does a fringe NBA player think he can demand a trade? Why isn't he just happy for the opportunities he's getting on a lottery team and working to get more?

Also, if Jerami Grant is worth a 1st and some swaps, there's no way that Martin is worth a 1st.

One thing that CBS has made clear is the culture and chemistry of the team is of the utmost importance in any roster moves he makes. I can definitely see him trading for a player like Martin, but it'd need to be for a hungry, selfless, team-first guy.

I'd go for guys like Dort, Bazley, or Kenrich Williams from the Thunder. They drafted multiple forwards in the draft and there's only so much PT to go around. Any of those three would be solid bench depth with some upside in a stable, low-usage role.