Author Topic: Better Call Saul (TV Show)  (Read 11609 times)

Better Call Saul (TV Show)
« on: April 04, 2022, 06:02:13 PM »

Offline perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 224
I'm rewatching the show in preparation for the final season which begins on April 18th, and I must say it is an absolute masterpiece. The character development, the cinematography, and the writing - Amazing.

Personally I can't wait to see how they weave the story in to the Breaking Bad timeline. It has been somewhat of a slow burn, but definitely turning in to more of a thriller like its predecessor. Can't wait.

Re: Better Call Saul (TV Show)
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2022, 06:30:36 PM »

Offline Emmette Bryant

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 286
I'm rewatching the show in preparation for the final season which begins on April 18th, and I must say it is an absolute masterpiece. The character development, the cinematography, and the writing - Amazing.

Personally I can't wait to see how they weave the story in to the Breaking Bad timeline. It has been somewhat of a slow burn, but definitely turning in to more of a thriller like its predecessor. Can't wait.

I'm doing the same thing. One thing I didn't notice the first time I watched it is what an extraordinary bad guy Tony Dalton (Lola Salamanca) is.

A major talent. Hollywood should figure out something to do with him.

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2022, 06:31:41 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2509

Brilliant show.  Agree with all your analysis.  I'm a big fan of Michael McKean and he was fantastic as Jimmy's brother.  I didn't know the show was set to begin a final season - really looking forward to it.  With all the decent shows I've seen over the last few years I'd say Saul tops them all.

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2022, 07:41:23 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Upset with this being the final season. It is hard to say goodbye to Ozark, too, but at least they are breaking the last season into two. I don't do a good job rewatching series, so when it's done, it's usually done for me. Either way, I'm really looking forward to the new Saul!

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2022, 04:10:45 AM »

Kiorrik

Heh, I got so addicted to watching the series that I ended up learning the intro on guitar :]

Can't wait. Hella keen.

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2022, 04:16:46 AM »

Offline JSD

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2155
Show got really good. I'll have to revisit it myself in anticipation for the final season. The storyline was Sol's brother and his illness dragged out a bit, but since then the show has been through the roof.
The only color that matters is GREEN

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2022, 04:45:06 AM »

Offline JSD

• Frank Ramsey
If anyone wants an awesome recap of the series with less commitment, this YouTube is pretty darn good. I'll link season 5 but he does them all:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wm7xzs7rxHA

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2022, 07:21:04 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
Awesome show.  I just started rewatching the entire series to catch my girlfriend up.  I wouldn't be rewatching it by myself though.

« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2022, 07:34:05 AM »

Offline gift

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 291
An all-time favorite. I’m going to wait until the new season is done and then go through the whole series again.

When Saul finishes, it’ll have more total episodes than Breaking Bad did.

« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2022, 08:02:34 AM »

Offline celts55

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 570
If anyone wants an awesome recap of the series with less commitment, this YouTube is pretty darn good. I'll link season 5 but he does them all:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wm7xzs7rxHA

That was great. It’s so long between seasons that I forget a lot.
Thanks and TP

« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2022, 09:05:46 AM »

Offline Silas

• 2020 CelticsStrong Draft Guru
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1772
It's All Good, Man!  Definitely one of my favorite shows.  If you are not familiar with the show, the lead character changed his name to Saul Goodman and took the name from it's all good, man.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2022, 10:59:22 AM by Silas »
I've lived through some terrible things in my life, some of which actually happened.   -  Mark Twain

« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2022, 04:32:16 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2509
Show got really good. I'll have to revisit it myself in anticipation for the final season. The storyline was Sol's brother and his illness dragged out a bit, but since then the show has been through the roof.

I don't disagree that the brother storyline wasn't a highlight, but I think McKean is a terrific, versatile actor, so it made the character and storyline a little better for me.   I have a hard time watching reruns so I think I'll do the recaps -- thanks for the link!

« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2022, 04:24:52 AM »

Offline JSD

• Frank Ramsey
Well, that Mid-season finale was something...

« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2022, 05:55:37 AM »

Online RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 291
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am

My goodness. It shocked me. Brilliant writing.
Can't wait for the rest of this series.

« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2022, 06:11:48 AM »

Offline JSD

• Frank Ramsey

My goodness. It shocked me. Brilliant writing.
Can't wait for the rest of this series.

I think Season 5 catapulted the show to top 5 of all time discussion,  and that’s almost been problematic, for me at least, because this season so far has been somewhat of a letdown. There’s been a lot of filler, almost overly detailed. I enjoy this world so I’m not going to complain too much I enjoyed how D day came together, but the ending…

Hmm… wish there was a spoiler warning in the OP, not sure how far I should go here. I’ll give it a week