Author Topic: Anthony Davis  (Read 8911 times)

Re: Anthony Davis
« Reply #45 on: June 18, 2022, 12:53:50 AM »

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 94
Would do it in a heartbeat, but cannot imagine the Lakers potentially handing a title to us. It would have to be someone else acquiring AD and then moving him to us without the Lakers knowing. If AD and Timelord stayed healthy, how could anybody beat us?

« Reply #46 on: June 18, 2022, 07:41:41 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
Pass… he didn’t want to come here when Pelicans were shopping him
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #47 on: June 18, 2022, 10:11:17 AM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
Yes, because the thought of defending on a 36 year old Horford isn’t good. Al was good this year but you could see him starting to show down without rest etc. He’s also doing on the last year of his deal with a big salary so it would be a huge missed opportunity to not swing a deal with him to bring in a potential replacement/good player.

Davis is a huge question mark health wise for me. I’m not sure he’s physically able to play 82 games and the thought of pairing him with another oft injured center scares me. He also can’t stretch the floor as he’s been a poor 3 pt shooter the latest few years.

Overall I’d say yes because of the potential to have him be prime AD for a playoff spurt would almost help out the Cs over the top.

« Reply #48 on: June 18, 2022, 10:38:33 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Lakers forum probably got a thread entitled

TATUM. …can we get him?   

« Reply #49 on: June 18, 2022, 10:58:28 AM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
Lakers forum probably got a thread entitled

TATUM. …can we get him?
He’ll probably just go there when he is a free agent

« Reply #50 on: June 18, 2022, 04:42:22 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741
I think you have to do that deal. The prospect of a Smart/Brown/Tatum/Davis/Timelord starting lineup is craziness.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #51 on: November 30, 2022, 01:27:40 PM »

Offline johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 298
Colin Cowherd recently proposed an Anthony Davis for Robert Williams trade. Obviously the salaries don't match and additional players would need to be added. You may have to add Derrick White and Grant Williams to just match the money. Then there is the issue of draft compensation.

With the way the Celtics are currently playing, do you make a trade of this magnitude? Ever since joining the Lakers, Davis almost seems irrelevant, which maybe an east coast bias on my part. I guess this trade comes down to if Brad Stevens believes this team can translate the regular season success to the postseason. Personally, I wouldn't make the trade and view Robert Williams as a great mid-season addition.

https://lakersdaily.com/nba-analyst-suggests-lakers-trade-anthony-davis-to-celtics-for-robert-williams-buy-low-sell-high/

« Reply #52 on: November 30, 2022, 01:34:26 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Colin Cowherd recently proposed an Anthony Davis for Robert Williams trade. Obviously the salaries don't match and additional players would need to be added. You may have to add Derrick White and Grant Williams to just match the money. Then there is the issue of draft compensation.

With the way the Celtics are currently playing, do you make a trade of this magnitude? Ever since joining the Lakers, Davis almost seems irrelevant, which maybe an east coast bias on my part. I guess this trade comes down to if Brad Stevens believes this team can translate the regular season success to the postseason. Personally, I wouldn't make the trade and view Robert Williams as a great mid-season addition.

https://lakersdaily.com/nba-analyst-suggests-lakers-trade-anthony-davis-to-celtics-for-robert-williams-buy-low-sell-high/

Timelord + White + Grant?  Nope.  I don't think he would match their contributions, and the chemistry would take a hit.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #53 on: November 30, 2022, 01:34:36 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 324
The only NBA player possibly more fragile than Rob is AD, so Boston would be trading a young fragile player (plus other solid players) for an older fragile player. It's a hard pass for me.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #54 on: November 30, 2022, 02:00:39 PM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766

Timelord + White + Grant?  Nope.  I don't think he would match their contributions, and the chemistry would take a hit.

I definitely wouldn't bankrupt the team for it. We are already the best team in the NBA. I like this team and think we should ride with what we had.

But you'd have to consider it for that trade package. Williams, White, Pritchard, and Gallo. That'd leave us with Davis-Horford-Tatum-Brown-Smart and Brogdon-Williams-Hauser off the bench.

« Reply #55 on: November 30, 2022, 02:22:14 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

I definitely wouldn't bankrupt the team for it. We are already the best team in the NBA. I like this team and think we should ride with what we had.

But you'd have to consider it for that trade package. Williams, White, Pritchard, and Gallo. That'd leave us with Davis-Horford-Tatum-Brown-Smart and Brogdon-Williams-Hauser off the bench.

... and then when Davis gets injured, we're left in an inferior spot to where we are now?

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #56 on: November 30, 2022, 02:23:37 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 860
This doesn't seem at all realistic.  Why would the Lakers want to do this?  How would the Celtics match salaries?  Brogdon and RWill but just don't see it.

I think Anthony Davis is better than people are giving him credit for.  They did win a championship when he was healthy.  Durability is a major concern, as it is with Robert Williams but Davis is way better.

How about White, Rob, and Gallinari?  Maybe get Davis and a min contract back?  Add picks too?  I consider this, pending medical records.

« Reply #57 on: November 30, 2022, 02:33:34 PM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1649
I wouldn't take that risk.  Not for that cost (and realistically I think it would take more - the Lakers won't deal with the Celtics unless they're receiving a fortune in return).  He's older and a roughly equivalent injury risk to Rob, and his motor hasn't been consistent in the games that he does play.  He went on a tear after Lebron went down, so clearly he still has it, but I don't want to bring him here just to have him start coasting again. 

We have a good thing going here and we haven't even seen this group at full strength yet.  If I was confident that we were getting the top 10 guy AD has been for the last three weeks, and that we'd have him available in the playoffs, then I think I'd have to do it for a reasonable price.  I just don't have that confidence. 

« Reply #58 on: November 30, 2022, 02:51:56 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
As I said when this thread was started, if you can acquire Anthony Davis for anyone on the team that isn't named Tatum and Brown, then you basically have to do it.  Especially if the package is basically draft picks and a center who has yet to play for the team this year, a back-up swing, and 1 of the 3 combo guards you have on the team.   

So yeah, I'd trade Rob, Grant, White, and a couple of draft picks for Davis and I wouldn't give it a second thought

Starting 5 - Smart, Brown, Tatum, Davis, Horford
Bench - Brogdon, Pritchard, Hauser, Kornet

Team is pretty clearly the best team in the sport and it would be a major upset if they didn't win the title barring injury.  And I get injury is a real concern with AD, but it is with Rob as well.  We'd still have some smaller TPE's and could potentially take a few other players from the Lakers for depth (like Nunn or Bryant for example)
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #59 on: November 30, 2022, 03:29:38 PM »

Offline johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 298
AD is unquestionably the best player in that potential trade. If this was a video game, then you definitely make the trade if your Boston. However, we can't discount the chemistry and unselfishness this team currently has on the court from the starters to the bench. I can see a seemless transition when Rob comes back. However, I'm not sure how an AD trade would effect that dynamic.