Author Topic: Will Smith smacks Chris Rock at Oscars  (Read 21961 times)

Re: Will Smith smacks Chris Rock at Oscars
« Reply #105 on: March 31, 2022, 07:35:51 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
I forget whether we said it here or if it was another conversation but the anticipated avalanche of comedians defending Chris Rock and slaughtering Will Smith is in full swing. Enjoy!!

https://youtu.be/bpfdX-cH7jk

The first 3 min McAfee refers to: https://youtu.be/tPxzZI02YtM

And many many more. LOL

I did say earlier that if anyone thinks Will’s violent response was effective in stopping his wife from being the butt of jokes, he did the opposite.  He provided perfect fodder edgy comedians who will be doing Will/Jada jokes for a while.  Maybe Will can go on a comedian punching tour to protect his poor defenseless family.

Wonder how many of the standing ovation folks wish they could have that moment back?

Technically, it would be a slapping tour, lol. But otherwise you are correct—he gave comedians more ammo. If Smith hadn't done or said anything (publicly, at least), this never would've been a thing.

But one thing that I've seen no one, anywhere, point out or question: Smith initially was laughing at the G.I. Jane joke. So what prompted his sudden shift in attitude? Did Jada give him a dirty look or something?

There’s now video that allegedly shows Jada laughing after the slap.

The Smiths may just be an unhinged family.

https://www.wbls.com/news/entertainment/new-video-shows-jada-pinkett-smith-laughing-after-will-slapped-chris-rock/

Here it is. Staged event IMO.

In Boston chris rock tickets went from 46$ to 500$ and quickly sold out. Society is nuts.
I'm not putting it past being staged but what would be the upside for Smith to do so?  He was clearly going to be the bad guy and he'd be stepping on his Oscar nomination and potential win.

Doesn't make any sense that it was staged.  Two incredibly rich guys concoct a scheme that sends a terrible message  in the hope of driving up ticket prices for Chris Rock's show?  No.
I agree it seems really farfetched.  However you don't know their financial situation.  Rich folks do go bankrupt due to overspending and poor decisions.  Exhibit A, Antoine Walker losing more the $108 million.   

« Reply #106 on: March 31, 2022, 09:07:04 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741
I forget whether we said it here or if it was another conversation but the anticipated avalanche of comedians defending Chris Rock and slaughtering Will Smith is in full swing. Enjoy!!

And many many more. LOL

I did say earlier that if anyone thinks Will’s violent response was effective in stopping his wife from being the butt of jokes, he did the opposite.  He provided perfect fodder edgy comedians who will be doing Will/Jada jokes for a while.  Maybe Will can go on a comedian punching tour to protect his poor defenseless family.

Wonder how many of the standing ovation folks wish they could have that moment back?

Technically, it would be a slapping tour, lol. But otherwise you are correct—he gave comedians more ammo. If Smith hadn't done or said anything (publicly, at least), this never would've been a thing.

But one thing that I've seen no one, anywhere, point out or question: Smith initially was laughing at the G.I. Jane joke. So what prompted his sudden shift in attitude? Did Jada give him a dirty look or something?

https://www.wbls.com/news/entertainment/new-video-shows-jada-pinkett-smith-laughing-after-will-slapped-chris-rock/

In Boston chris rock tickets went from 46$ to 500$ and quickly sold out. Society is nuts.
I'm not putting it past being staged but what would be the upside for Smith to do so?  He was clearly going to be the bad guy and he'd be stepping on his Oscar nomination and potential win.

Doesn't make any sense that it was staged.  Two incredibly rich guys concoct a scheme that sends a terrible message  in the hope of driving up ticket prices for Chris Rock's show?  No.
I agree it seems really farfetched.  However you don't know their financial situation.  Rich folks do go bankrupt due to overspending and poor decisions.  Exhibit A, Antoine Walker losing more the $108 million.   
I think if Will Smith lost $108 million tomorrow, he wouldn't notice.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #107 on: March 31, 2022, 09:56:41 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2509

And many many more. LOL

No, but I do doubt they’re both on the verge of bankruptcy and cooked up this scheme to make a few bucks from a Chris Rock ticket hike.

« Reply #108 on: March 31, 2022, 11:29:48 PM »

Offline Adelaide Celt

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 206
On top of the obvious ramifications for Will Smith and his Oscar winning moment being ruined, do you really think the 3 woke hosts are thrilled about the fact their attempts at comedy and pushing their agenda have also been completely overshadowed by this?

I get why someone would think it's staged because of how stupid it all is but far more reasons to think it's legitimate IMO.
NO AMOUNT OF PSYCHOLOGICAL MANIPULATION, HORMONAL OR SURGICAL MUTILATION WILL EVER CHANGE A PERSON'S GENDER

« Reply #109 on: April 01, 2022, 01:44:51 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
 Lots of people talking about Pfizers new alopecia drug coming out.

Was the Oscars slap staged to promote Pzifer’s new alopecia drug?
Theorists are wondering if Big Pharma was at the center of the incident after the slap stirred up plenty of conversation about alopecia.

Smith has already confirmed that his actions were in response to what he deemed to be an inappropriate joke about his wife, Jada Pinkett Smith, and her hair loss.

RELATED: Chris Rock’s Jada Pinkett-Smith ‘Joke’ Went Too Far & Perpetuates Racist Ideas About Black Women’s Hair

Pinkett suffers from alopecia, a condition that Pzifer is reportedly trying to tackle with a not-yet-released drug. From Msn.com

Pzifer was one of the major sponsors of the Oscars so some have drawn a connection between the slap and the drug company.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/celebrity/theorists-think-will-smith-chris-rock-staged-the-oscars-slap-as-part-of-a-big-pharma-conspiracy/ar-AAVGaPW

« Reply #110 on: April 01, 2022, 02:57:31 AM »

Offline JSD

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2155

Will Smith is the worst thing to ever happen to meme culture. But the counter memes have been great, so maybe he wasn’t so bad afterall?
The only color that matters is GREEN

« Reply #111 on: April 02, 2022, 04:12:40 AM »

Kiorrik

Will resigned from the academy.

Chris Rock didn't want him removed from the Oscars.

Apparently the joke was unscripted so the Academy didn't approve it at all.

I'm still of the same opinion as when it happened.

It was a joke that shouldn't have been made because it was a personal attack on someone that has been outspoken about their struggles. Really not a good joke, making fun of someone's unearned hardship. And Will shouldn't have reacted like that at all, and instead just spoken to Chris afterwards or w/e.

Alas.

« Reply #112 on: April 02, 2022, 05:58:17 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
If Jada is so sensitive about her alopecia she sure shows it in a strange way.  Jada seemed to enjoy her head getting attention prior to Rock's joke.  Posting clips of herself shaving her head for everyone to see seems like it's looking for attention.  She makes no effort to conceal her head when she goes into public and has seemed to enjoy talking about her alopecia.  Two days before the Oscars she said she doesn't "give two craps" what people think about her head.  Jada had been flaunting her head recently so I don't buy that she was so sensitive about it.  Plus she looks beautiful with the shaved head.

« Reply #113 on: April 02, 2022, 08:33:18 AM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 391
If Jada is so sensitive about her alopecia she sure shows it in a strange way.  Jada seemed to enjoy her head getting attention prior to Rock's joke.  Posting clips of herself shaving her head for everyone to see seems like it's looking for attention.  She makes no effort to conceal her head when she goes into public and has seemed to enjoy talking about her alopecia.  Two days before the Oscars she said she doesn't "give two craps" what people think about her head.  Jada had been flaunting her head recently so I don't buy that she was so sensitive about it.  Plus she looks beautiful with the shaved head.

Do you have sources or links? I don’t really follow a lot of Hollywood stuff (or care about the Smith family) and this is the first I’ve read this. Interested to read it :)

- LilRip

« Reply #114 on: April 02, 2022, 10:11:46 AM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2509

In an attempt not to be hypocritical, I'll defend Jada in that she has a right to be sensitive about whatever she's sensitive about.  And... if she was flaunting it or saying she doesn't care what people think, maybe she was doing so defensively -- covering up for something that was really bothering her.   That said, she would have done better for alopecia sufferers to have handled it with grace... smiled at the joke and then used her platform to address it.  But I guess when someone strikes a nerve you go on auto-pilot.  If that auto-pilot is violent (as Will's obviously was), it's a problem.  I can't help thinking how special one must think of oneself as "the great protector" to have absolutely no inhibition, no sense that there is a non-violent choice in that moment.