Author Topic: IT lights up the G-League  (Read 3876 times)

IT lights up the G-League
« on: December 16, 2021, 09:58:47 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Isaiah Thomas made quite the splash in his NBA G League debut Wednesday.

The former Boston Celtics guard never found a home as a free agent this offseason, but he signed with the Grand Rapids Gold, the Denver Nuggets’ affiliate, earlier this week with intentions to play in the upcoming G League showcase.

The 32-year-old finished Wednesday’s game with 42 points, six rebounds and eight assists for the Gold in a tight 131-127 loss to the Fort Wayne Mad Ants, the Indiana Pacers’ affiliate.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Re: IT lights up the G-League
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2021, 10:09:10 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Wonder if Danny Ainge scoops him up as his first move for the Jazz...

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2021, 10:10:04 AM »

Offline cons

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 103
if he ever actually makes it to a meaningful nba role again - wow, what a story it would be.
guy is not giving up :)
go IT

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2021, 10:34:16 AM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 979
I’d dump Fernando for IT tomorrow.

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2021, 11:09:26 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
Once a scorer always a scorer.  Definitely one of those guys who seems like he'd keep playing a rec league if pros were no longer an option.  Such a joy for the game.
Yup

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2021, 11:29:47 AM »

Online Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1416
Below are the highlights. Good to see IT playing basketball again.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6A0AgD5GvzU
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2021, 12:46:11 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
This kinda reminds me when I played in rec leagues when I was in my 20's and early 30's. You would come upon these 40 year old guys that played some small time college ball(non D1) and would just light you up in that game. Yeah, way better than your average great rec league guy, but still too old to ever be a factor in any organized league above that.

But good for IT. Its too bad he doesn't seem to have a desire to play in Europe or China because I think he could still have a lucrative career for many years in those places.

« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2021, 01:10:26 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
This kinda reminds me when I played in rec leagues when I was in my 20's and early 30's. You would come upon these 40 year old guys that played some small time college ball(non D1) and would just light you up in that game. Yeah, way better than your average great rec league guy, but still too old to ever be a factor in any organized league above that.

But good for IT. Its too bad he doesn't seem to have a desire to play in Europe or China because I think he could still have a lucrative career for many years in those places.

Man, I remember this old dude (lol - 40s - old at the time) when I was in 9th grade.  I’ve never seen a guy who could shoot so well.  He’d stand like 6 feet beyond the NBA 3 point line and just drain shot after shot without a miss.  He had a quite limited game otherwise, but the guy shot like Steph (if Steph was playing high school kids).

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2021, 01:36:54 PM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
The NBA isn’t sentimental.  IT was great and I loved watching him play, but he’s 5’8” and his game was based off of his quickness and speed.  Once he lost a quarter of a step, his game was going to, and did, drop entirely, at least at the NBA level.  It was unfortunate how he left, but he did himself no favors with the Brinks trucks comments or expecting a massive deal.  I’m not surprised he can dominate lesser talent, but he’s no longer an NBA player.

« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2021, 02:13:37 PM »

Offline todd_days_41

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 1074
  • B2B 2022 and 2023 Trade Deadline Guru
I’d dump Fernando for IT tomorrow.

or -- Parker....

« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2021, 09:42:33 PM »

Offline pokeKingCurtis

• Ray Allen