Author Topic: Marvel topic (MCU, series, comics)  (Read 14308 times)

Re: Marvel topic (MCU, series, comics)
« Reply #45 on: September 16, 2022, 11:46:11 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Found She-Hulk to be okay. A show I won't rush to watch but will watch only when I have a lot of free time.

Can't say Id recommend it. Felt the same way with all the new Marvel TV shows so far. It's only TV so I don't expect much.

« Reply #46 on: September 17, 2022, 01:51:17 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
I enjoy She-Hulk a lot, but the humor is my kind of humor.
I find She-Hulk to be decent.  didn't know what to expect and certainly seems geared more towards humor than actual superhero adventures.  I can live with a series that's intended for humor and delivers (for the most part)

on that note, finally saw Thor Love and Thunder.  utterly disappointing crap.  Marvel's movies for the past year have been disappointments with the exception of the last Spiderman movie.  Eternals was ok -- introducing a set of characters that most people are very unfamiliar with so that's a bit of a challenge.  Morbius - yuk.  Dr Strange - convoluted hot mess.  Thor: quite possibly the worst Marvel movie period.  hope they figure out how to produce a good product again or the superhero movie genre will die a real ugly death very soon.

« Reply #47 on: September 17, 2022, 02:12:52 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I find She-Hulk to be decent.  didn't know what to expect and certainly seems geared more towards humor than actual superhero adventures.  I can live with a series that's intended for humor and delivers (for the most part)

on that note, finally saw Thor Love and Thunder.  utterly disappointing crap.  Marvel's movies for the past year have been disappointments with the exception of the last Spiderman movie.  Eternals was ok -- introducing a set of characters that most people are very unfamiliar with so that's a bit of a challenge.  Morbius - yuk.  Dr Strange - convoluted hot mess.  Thor: quite possibly the worst Marvel movie period.  hope they figure out how to produce a good product again or the superhero movie genre will die a real ugly death very soon.

I think I’m about the only one who really enjoyed Thor.  There have been a few Marvel movies that I didn’t care for, but I thought Love and Thunder was a good time.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2022, 02:58:13 PM by Roy H. »

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #48 on: September 17, 2022, 02:48:59 PM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
My main issue with the new Marvel things is that they feel the need to undermine all the previous Marvel things in order to prop themselves up. Whether that's the infinity stones in the "Loki" series, the power of Thanos in "What if," the indomitable power and rage of the Hulk for the last several appearances of him, or numerous other examples.

It feels a bit like an ad hominem attack in a debate, where a debater attempts to prop up his position by personally attacking the opponent. It feels like more recent Marvel cinema is not secure enough to allow their stories and characters to stand on their own feet, but rather try to say, "You remember how awesome (the previous thing) was? Well (this new thing) is better because (the previous thing) was stupid."

« Reply #49 on: September 17, 2022, 02:57:29 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
She-Hulk is good but I don’t like all the comedy and court..I could be a lot better
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #50 on: September 17, 2022, 06:27:48 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533

I think I’m about the only one who really enjoyed Thor.  There have been a few Marvel movies that I didn’t care for, but I thought Love and Thunder was a good time.
I thought Thor was awesome. True camp and right on par with much of what Thor's comics actually are.  It also didn't seem to have a whole lot to do with the rest of the MCU which is also why I like it. Just a fun movie without larger issues.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip