Poll

Do These Ideas Make You Excited or Feel Good?

All of the Time
2 (20%)
Most of the Time
0 (0%)
Half of the Time
7 (70%)
Quarter of the Time
1 (10%)
None of the Time
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Author Topic: Greenly’s Trade Ideas (merged)  (Read 89802 times)

Re: Greenly’s Trade Ideas (merged)
« Reply #675 on: January 23, 2023, 09:27:19 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Let’s say the season is over and Jaylen goes to Brad requesting a trade to his hometown of Atlanta. How would you feel about this deal:

BOS Out: JB, Brogdon, Gallo
BOS In: Dejounte Murray, John Collins, Bogdan Bogdanovic

If it was immediately followed by Murray signing a long-term extension with us. The rest of the off-season is simply matching the best offer for Grant and either consolidating our two 2023 picks into one pick, or drafting two players (perhaps one draft-and-stash).

2023-2024 roster:

Murray/D-White
Smart/D-White
JT/Bogdanovic
Collins/G. Williams
Timelord/Horford

Bench: Hauser, Pritchard, Kornet, Davison, 2023 2nd round pick(s)

I'm in the JKJB camp for sure, but this is intriguing.  I'd take the call for sure!  The question is, does ATL make the call?

I am not that intrigued by this.  I am not sure that Murray is better even than Brogdon.  Younger but I don't think he makes us better.  And I am not sure that Collins is even good.  He might be, has shown flashes, but I have my doubts.  I am not giving up Brown for him, that is for sure. And Bogdanovic does not move my needle much at all.

So no, I absolutely pass on this trade.  I get that you are conditioning this on Brown requesting a trade but we can do better, even if ATL is his home town.
agreed.  JKJB.   he's not asking out.  got his best chance at a title right here in a town that celebrates the players that win titles.

as for the deal itself.  JB is by far the best player in the deal.  not even close.  I don't think I'd even do it for just JB for that package.  If JB were to be moved, Brad could do a lot better than that bunch. 

« Reply #676 on: January 26, 2023, 01:40:16 AM »

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 94
Best available trade deadline deal if Poeltl is willing to re-sign:

BOS In: Poeltl
SAS In: Pritchard, Gallo, (2) 2023 2nd round picks, remove top one protection on 2028 1st in the Derrick White trade, remove protection on 2024 SAS 2nd in cash deal involving Vonleh earlier this month

That’s a huge upgrade considering Horford’s age, particularly if Poeltl can eventually adjust to playing the 4 alongside Timelord. Match the best offer for Grant in the off-season and roll with this ten-deep roster next year:

Smart/D-White
JB/Brogdon
JT/Hauser
Horford/G. Williams
Timelord/Poeltl

Bench: Kornet, Davison, Begarin, Madar, Yabusele (🐻!!)
« Last Edit: January 26, 2023, 01:45:40 AM by GreenlyGreeny »

« Reply #677 on: January 26, 2023, 07:38:40 AM »

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486

SAS In: Pritchard, Gallo, (2) 2023 2nd round picks, remove top one protection on 2028 1st in the Derrick White trade, remove protection on 2024 SAS 2nd in cash deal involving Vonleh earlier this month

That’s a huge upgrade considering Horford’s age, particularly if Poeltl can eventually adjust to playing the 4 alongside Timelord. Match the best offer for Grant in the off-season and roll with this ten-deep roster next year:

Smart/D-White
JB/Brogdon
JT/Hauser
Horford/G. Williams
Timelord/Poeltl

I think Poeltl is strictly a 5 to be honest. Timelord's mobility makes him a better candidate to that role, but I think realistically he is also a 5. I love the deal though. I am just not sure Poeltl is ok with being the 3rd big/spot starter long term. I don't know much about how he thinks though so who knows.
#JKJB

« Reply #678 on: January 26, 2023, 09:11:45 AM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 860
agreed.  JKJB.   he's not asking out.  got his best chance at a title right here in a town that celebrates the players that win titles.

as for the deal itself.  JB is by far the best player in the deal.  not even close.  I don't think I'd even do it for just JB for that package.  If JB were to be moved, Brad could do a lot better than that bunch.

That actually is an interesting idea.  Clean up and simplify the trade.  This trade appears to work on the trade checker:

Brown + Grant
for
Murray + Collins + First?

With that deal, maybe ATL includes a first for us.  We add $7M in salary.  I am not saying I do this deal, and certainly not mid-season, but I think this is more realistic from a value standpoint.  Collins has disappeared this year.  It is hard to say what kind of player he really is.  He could come out of this with a change of scenery and become a prototypical modern PF or maybe he really just isn't that good.  I don't know the answer to that.

If I were absolutely sure that Brown was going to hold out and force a trade or something like that (which he isn't), then I consider this.  Brown would still be the best player in the deal and convention says you don't want to give up the best player.  But Murray and Collins is solid value in return.  If Brown is a solid #2 level player, Murray is in the #2 or #3 range and Collins would be also if he gets back to where he was not too long ago.  And an ATL first is probably mid range and some value since we have traded away so many.

« Reply #679 on: January 26, 2023, 09:13:31 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

Smart/D-White
JB/Brogdon
JT/Hauser
Horford/G. Williams
Timelord/Poeltl

an overpay.  Also, Poeltl isn't an Al replacement but a backup to Timelord.  A true replacement for Al would be someone who's a 4/5 that can shoot from outside.  Poeltl's a pure 5 and absolutely no offensive threat outside the paint.  also, don't see him as the type of defender that fits well with the switch-heavy defense we play.

not sure he'd resign here either.  he's not a starter.  even if you think you'd start him with TL as the 4, you've now got 2 starters that have to play around the basket on offense which clogs the paint for Tatum/Brown/Smart drives which doesn't make anything better. 

I wouldn't be disappointed to have him but my expectation is he'd want to sign somewhere he would start.  sure, he'd be playing for a top team here with a shot at a title but he wouldn't be making starter money here (at least he shouldn't).

« Reply #680 on: January 27, 2023, 01:12:38 AM »

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell

That actually is an interesting idea.  Clean up and simplify the trade.  This trade appears to work on the trade checker:

Brown + Grant
for
Murray + Collins + First?

With that deal, maybe ATL includes a first for us.  We add $7M in salary.  I am not saying I do this deal, and certainly not mid-season, but I think this is more realistic from a value standpoint.  Collins has disappeared this year.  It is hard to say what kind of player he really is.  He could come out of this with a change of scenery and become a prototypical modern PF or maybe he really just isn't that good.  I don't know the answer to that.

If I were absolutely sure that Brown was going to hold out and force a trade or something like that (which he isn't), then I consider this.  Brown would still be the best player in the deal and convention says you don't want to give up the best player.  But Murray and Collins is solid value in return.  If Brown is a solid #2 level player, Murray is in the #2 or #3 range and Collins would be also if he gets back to where he was not too long ago.  And an ATL first is probably mid range and some value since we have traded away so many.

It’s a good idea for sure if Atlanta is willing to go for it, JB insists on being in Atlanta long-term, and Murray agrees to extend with us for four years. Smart may become slightly butt hurt by being displaced as starting PG, but we can split the PG minutes between the two. The wild card is we’d only pursue this in the off-season after matching the best offer for Grant, so assuming Grant is going to get a $10-13M bump next year, we would likely need to take on Okongwu to make the dollars work. But he’s an expiring and that’s fine. If we had to give up our (2) 2023 2nds, to help them save face on how many firsts they gave up for Murray, so be it.

BOS In: Murray, Collins, Okongwu
BOS Out: JB, Grant

Very much a mutually beneficial trade, especially since both sides would be taking a risk that Murray or JB may change their mind and walk away after their contract is up?

Murray/D-White
Smart/Brogdon
JT/Brogdon
Collins/Horford
Timelord/Horford

Bench: Gallo, Pritchard, Hauser, Kornet, Okongwu, MLE vet, Davison or Begarin or Madar or Yabusele🐻

With a true Robin in Murray to JT’s Batman, I strongly bet that JT goes next level since our facilitation game will go up hugely with Murray at point and JT no longer has an aspiring JB nipping at his heels. Murray is a truly elite pass-first/strong defensive PG, a type of modern day John Stockton (or as close as this generation may have), and perfectly complements JT. Collins could get his act together trying to be the next Chris Bosh or something. If we get everyone in the list above to stick with us for years, we could get a dynasty with that crew.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2023, 01:21:58 AM by GreenlyGreeny »

« Reply #681 on: January 27, 2023, 02:43:24 AM »

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
Another route if Atlanta wants to deal Collins elsewhere or stick with him:

BOS In: Murray, Okongwu, 2024 1st swap (ATL/BOS Best), 2028 1st swap (ATL/BOS Best)
BOS Out: JB, (2) 2023 2nds

JB is definitely the better player, so we get a couple swaps after throwing in a couple picks to help them save face. While JB is the best player in the deal, we’re getting the better complementary piece for JT. The above also results in us keeping all our depth including Brogdon:

Murray/D-White
Smart/Brogdon
JT/Brogdon
G-Will/Horford
Timelord/Horford

Bench: Gallo, Hauser, Pritchard, Kornet, Okongwu, MLE vet, Davison or Madar or Begarin or Yabusele 🐻

« Reply #682 on: January 28, 2023, 06:00:11 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Only Atl trade for Brown l could imagine is Trae for Brown, as in Brown wants to be the guy if he leaves here and Trae wants out. I don't see Brown having the preference of Trae over Tatum. Trade would be something like

Trae and Collins
for
Brown, Smart, Gallo, PP and a 1st.

Hawks
Murray, Smart, JB, Hunter, Capela
PP, Holiday, BB, Okongwu

C's
Trae, White, Tatum, Collins, TL
Brogdon, Hauser, Grant, Al

« Reply #683 on: January 29, 2023, 05:52:13 PM »

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
BOS In: Kenyon Martin, Jr. (SF 6’6)
HOU In: Pritchard, Hauser, (2) 2023 2nds, 2029 2nd

There’s our true backup wing we need so desperately. Work on re-signing him this off-season since he’ll be going into free agency a year later.

BOS In: Muscala
OKC In: 2025 BOS 1st Swap (W/MIA - OKC Gets Best), Jackson

There’s some more big depth. We roll into the playoffs with:

Smart/D-White
JB/Brogdon
JT/Martin, Jr.
Horford/G. Williams
Timelord/Muscala

Bench: Kornet, Griffin, Top Buyout Candidate, Gallo*

In the off-season, we match the best offer for Grant and bring back everybody else in the rotation above. Turn the bench into:

Bench 2023-2024: Gallo, MLE, Kornet, Davison, Madar or Begarin

In the off-season if we have any doubt about Jaylen sticking around, see what we can get for trading him, with or without Grant and/Brogdon, and our arsenal of firsts/swaps (e.g., an older all-star like KD, Kawhi, AD since nobody is trading a young all-star for an expiring/potentially walking JB)
« Last Edit: January 29, 2023, 05:58:27 PM by GreenlyGreeny »

« Reply #684 on: February 02, 2023, 02:50:45 PM »

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
I am intrigued by the idea of moving some picks, Gallo and Pritchard for Wiseman, who only turns 22 next month and still has one more year on his rookie deal and RFA matching rights after that, so if he pans out we can eventually deal him for a better piece if Timelord stays healthy:

BOS In: Wiseman
BOS Out: Gallo, Pritchard, Jackson, (2) 2023 2nds, 2025 BOS 1st (top one protection)

Would likely make us nine-deep this year and next, but probably eight-deep since Timelord’s so injury prone as-is Wiseman thus far:

Smart/D-White
JB/Brogdon
JT/G. Williams
Horford/G. Williams
Timelord/Wiseman

Bench: Hauser, Kornet, Griffin, Buyout, Davison

« Reply #685 on: February 09, 2023, 03:31:52 AM »

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
All-in off-season deal if we fall short this year, so we can convince JT to stay a Celtic for life:

BOS In: Kawhi, Mikal Bridges, Kennard
BOS Out: JB, Brogdon, Gallo, Pritchard, Kornet, Hauser, multiple 1sts/2nds/swaps

LAC In: JB, Brogdon, Gallo, Pritchard, Kornet, Hauser, multiple BOS 2nds/swaps
LAC Out: Kawhi, Kennard

BKN In: Multiple BOS 1sts
BKN Out: Mikal Bridges

Then match the best offer for Grant, get the best big available at the MLE, and add ring-chasing vets for slots 10-12:

Smart/D. White
Bridges/Kennard
Kawhi/Kennard
JT/G. Williams
Timelord/Horford

Bench: MLE Big; 3 or 4 ring-chasing vets; Davison, Begarin or Madar

Best defense ever!?!
« Last Edit: February 09, 2023, 03:48:35 AM by GreenlyGreeny »

« Reply #686 on: February 09, 2023, 08:47:05 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
All-in off-season deal if we fall short this year, so we can convince JT to stay a Celtic for life:

BOS Out: JB, Brogdon, Gallo, Pritchard, Kornet, Hauser, multiple 1sts/2nds/swaps

Then match the best offer for Grant, get the best big available at the MLE, and add ring-chasing vets for slots 10-12:

Smart/D. White
Bridges/Kennard
Kawhi/Kennard
JT/G. Williams
Timelord/Horford

Best defense ever!?!
just give it up.  these obsessions with trading Jaylen and getting Kawhi are really horrible.

how about this -- try thinking of something so we can convince JB to stay a Celtic for life.  He's an all star who continues to improve his game and is a 2-way player still coming into his prime.  Kawhi isn't as great as you think he is -- misses lots of games and he hasn't come close to being that "greatest of all time" player you think he is while he's been with the Clips.  He's also on the wrong side of 30 so he's not going to get any better.

« Reply #687 on: February 09, 2023, 04:31:34 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Smart/D. White
Bridges/Kennard
Kawhi/Kennard
JT/G. Williams
Timelord/Horford

Best defense ever!?!
I'm begging of you, enough
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #688 on: February 09, 2023, 08:58:48 PM »

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell

Smart/D. White
Bridges/Kennard
Kawhi/Kennard
JT/G. Williams
Timelord/Horford

Best defense ever!?!
I'm begging of you, enough

Now that Kennard is with Memphis, I need to revise the all-in off-season idea if we fall short (if we win, JB ought to stick around to build a dynasty with JT):

BOS In: Kawhi, Bridges
BOS Out: JB, Brogdon, multiple 1sts/2nds/swaps

LAC In: JB, Brogdon, all our 2nds/available swaps

BKN In: (3) top-one protected 1sts from BOS

Smart/D-White
Bridges/Pritchard
Kawhi/G. Williams
JT/Gallo
Timelord/Horford

Bench: MLE 3/4, Muscala, Kornet, Hauser; Davison, Begarin or Madar

Defense still wins championships and that’s what I call a defense with JT/Kawhi as our key offensive weapons. Lots of transition points. Lots of putbacks by Timelord.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2023, 09:10:10 PM by GreenlyGreeny »

« Reply #689 on: February 14, 2023, 08:34:59 PM »

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
If we fail to win the title and the Clippers fail to win the title, we arguably need to move JB before he possibly “pulls a Kyrie,” and the Clippers need to move on from Klaw/PG-13, so let’s help make it happen by working with Chicago, who also need to mix things up to try to get over their hurdle:

BOS In: Kawhi, Marcus Morris Sr.
BOS Out: JB, Brogdon, Gallo

LAC In: JB, Brogdon, LaVine, DeRozan
LAC Out: Kawhi, PG-13, Marcus Morris Sr.

CHI In: PG-13, Gallo
CHI Out: LaVine, DeRozan

Note: DeRozan is on an expiring contract and is from Compton. Both LaVine and JB played college ball in Cali, so those three make for a pretty interesting new look from the Clippers.

We should also move our remaining seconds for a pick at the top of the 1st to draft the best available big.

After the trade goes down right after Gallo opts-in, we match the best offer for Grant, give Pritchard a shot to redeem himself, and start JT at the 2 since he can play any role from 2-4, so we would be ten-deep with some great rotations available:

Smart/D-White
JT/Pritchard
Klaw/Batman
Big Al/Morris
Timelord/Musky

Bench: MLE guard (competition for Pritchard), Hauser, Kornet, 2023 1st round big, Davison (or Begarin or Madar)