Poll

Do These Ideas Make You Excited or Feel Good?

All of the Time
2 (20%)
Most of the Time
0 (0%)
Half of the Time
7 (70%)
Quarter of the Time
1 (10%)
None of the Time
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Author Topic: Greenly’s Trade Ideas (merged)  (Read 90528 times)

Re: Greenly’s Trade Ideas (merged)
« Reply #660 on: January 21, 2023, 04:32:57 AM »

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 94
If we fail to make it through the East and the Clippers fail to make it through the West, I’d make this the top priority trade for the off-season:

BOS In: Kawhi, Kennard
LAC In: JB, Brogdon, Hauser, Kornet, (2) 2023 2nds

Move JT to the four, start D-White, add a MLE 1/2, buy out Yabusele’s contract with Real Madrid, and match the best offer for Grant:

Smart/MLE and Pritchard
D-White/Kennard
Kawhi/Gallo
JT/G. Williams
Timelord/Horford

Deep Bench: Yabusele, ring-chasing big, Davison

Speaking of Kennard, I think it may be a canard that Yabu is now NBA ready.  I’d like nothing better, but can’t buy into him coming back as an impact player.

The rest of your post is on the crazy side - JB at 26 for oft-injured KL at 32.  Not a good risk for the Cs, though a great one for LAC.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: Kawhi is the best NBA playoff performer since Michael Jordan. Yes, since MJ. He would be the absolutely perfect complementary piece next to JT. We would be an unstoppable dynasty through Kawhi’s mid-30s. Dynasty. I’m talking dynasty with Kawhi.

« Reply #661 on: January 21, 2023, 08:19:02 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
If we fail to make it through the East and the Clippers fail to make it through the West, I’d make this the top priority trade for the off-season:

Move JT to the four, start D-White, add a MLE 1/2, buy out Yabusele’s contract with Real Madrid, and match the best offer for Grant:

Smart/MLE and Pritchard
D-White/Kennard
Kawhi/Gallo
JT/G. Williams
Timelord/Horford

Speaking of Kennard, I think it may be a canard that Yabu is now NBA ready.  I’d like nothing better, but can’t buy into him coming back as an impact player.

The rest of your post is on the crazy side - JB at 26 for oft-injured KL at 32.  Not a good risk for the Cs, though a great one for LAC.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: Kawhi is the best NBA playoff performer since Michael Jordan. Yes, since MJ. He would be the absolutely perfect complementary piece next to JT. We would be an unstoppable dynasty through Kawhi’s mid-30s. Dynasty. I’m talking dynasty with Kawhi.
Do you realize Brown on offense is 92% of Kawhi was at during the same age while Brown is playing second to Tatum? What do you think Kawhi would put up if he was playing second to another star like KD starting their primes? Kawhi likely puts up the same production as Brown.

Kawhi took his major leap on offense at 25 for Spurs. His defense however has been dropping since his first major injury at 26 and his defense is up and down today. Brown is nearly averaging the same exact offense while still being a part of a top 5 defensive team and playing with a MVP candidate. Sure Brown needs to be better on defense but he can turn it up while Kawhi isn't what he has been in the past and never will be.

I'd take a chance on 92% of what Kawhi is for 6 years than a one or two year shot with the often injured Kawhi. Kawhi isn't the "The Claw" anymore he is downgraded to "The Paw".

« Reply #662 on: January 21, 2023, 10:01:42 AM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823

Smart/MLE and Pritchard
D-White/Kennard
Kawhi/Gallo
JT/G. Williams
Timelord/Horford

You keep saying this. How did Kawhi perform in the 2020-21 playoffs? He got an ACL injury and ended the year in street clothes. His team lost - not very Jordan-like. I how about 2021-22? He didn’t play at all - out all year with an injury. Maybe he wore Air Jordans on the sideline.

And that’s not his only serious injury. Over this year and the five prior years, he’s played 199 regular season games out of 458 - well under half his team’s games. if you want to predict his value to the Cs and don’t discount for injury risk your valuation is off. Maybe he will be healthy and available, playing at the highest level into his mid-30s. But that has to be below 50% probability. He’s had a number of leg injuries and he’s moving into his 30s.

« Reply #663 on: January 21, 2023, 10:06:08 AM »

Offline bogg

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 51
Yea, Kawhi's great when he can go full speed, but the guy's 31 and made of glass. He's also only got one year locked in on his contract after this season and walked on a literal title team in Toronto because he wants to live in California. Not someone you flip Jaylen for.

« Reply #664 on: January 21, 2023, 10:15:29 AM »

Online Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 867
I don’t get this at all. Brown for Leonard was worth discussing what five years ago. But not now. If the Celtics did this trade It would go down as one of the worst trades in history. Even if part of the equation is that we will lose Brown as a free agent. I still don’t do this trade.

« Reply #665 on: January 21, 2023, 11:13:01 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

Smart/MLE and Pritchard
D-White/Kennard
Kawhi/Gallo
JT/G. Williams
Timelord/Horford

you can say it as much as you want but it still doesn't make it true.  it does get more annoying with each iteration

« Reply #666 on: January 21, 2023, 11:14:38 AM »

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2944
  • On To Banner 18!

Smart/MLE and Pritchard
D-White/Kennard
Kawhi/Gallo
JT/G. Williams
Timelord/Horford

LOL what??

If that's true then boy, we have a lot of MJs running around the league today!  ::)

I highly doubt Kawhi is even going to be in the league 5 years from now. He barely even plays nowadays due to his nagging injuries, and he's going to turn 32 soon
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #667 on: January 21, 2023, 06:09:23 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Smart/MLE and Pritchard
D-White/Kennard
Kawhi/Gallo
JT/G. Williams
Timelord/Horford

LOL what??

If that's true then boy, we have a lot of MJs running around the league today!  ::)

I highly doubt Kawhi is even going to be in the league 5 years from now. He barely even plays nowadays due to his nagging injuries, and he's going to turn 32 soon
Since leaving Toronto, Kawhi has played 132/308 regular season games. About 43% of games. That is deplorable durability.

That's without getting into the simply incorrect (and outrageous) "best playoff performer since MJ" claim.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #668 on: January 21, 2023, 07:24:44 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2944
  • On To Banner 18!

Smart/MLE and Pritchard
D-White/Kennard
Kawhi/Gallo
JT/G. Williams
Timelord/Horford

LOL what??

Since leaving Toronto, Kawhi has played 132/308 regular season games. About 43% of games. That is deplorable durability.

That's without getting into the simply incorrect (and outrageous) "best playoff performer since MJ" claim.

Yeah and also, the 2019 run was phenomenal by Kawhi, but that's the only one lol that could be in the "MJ" argument. Even the Spurs championship season, that Spurs team still had their Big 3 intact (Manu, Parker, Duncan). Come on...
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #669 on: January 22, 2023, 03:09:42 AM »

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
Look, he’s clearly had some bad luck recently. That is behind him. He’s playing at 75% and conserving himself for the playoffs. Mark my words: The Clippers will be in the WCF, if not the NBA Finals, because of Kawhi. He is literally the only player in history to start over 100 games and have more steals than turnovers. The BBIQ required to accomplish that is off the charts. His run in 2019 is the single best playoff performance of the 21st century. His lockdown of LeBron in 2014 is why LeBron left Miami a loser.

If we suspect JB is going to walk on us, moving JB and Brogdon after this season for Kawhi and Kennard is an absolute no-brainer.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2023, 03:21:57 AM by GreenlyGreeny »

« Reply #670 on: January 22, 2023, 08:10:02 AM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823
Look, he’s clearly had some bad luck recently. That is behind him. He’s playing at 75% and conserving himself for the playoffs. Mark my words: The Clippers will be in the WCF, if not the NBA Finals, because of Kawhi. He is literally the only player in history to start over 100 games and have more steals than turnovers. The BBIQ required to accomplish that is off the charts. His run in 2019 is the single best playoff performance of the 21st century. His lockdown of LeBron in 2014 is why LeBron left Miami a loser.

If we suspect JB is going to walk on us, moving JB and Brogdon after this season for Kawhi and Kennard is an absolute no-brainer.

“Some bad luck recently” =/= missing more than half his team’s games over five and a half seasons.

You speculate that JB is going to walk, and you seem to treat that as a sure thing. But a guy with multiple lower leg injuries over his career you say is going to be the next best thing to Michael Jordan into his mid-thirties and you treat that as a sure thing, too.

« Reply #671 on: January 22, 2023, 08:26:12 AM »

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486
The biggest downside to this isn't JB walking. It would be trading for Kawhi, and him keeping up his pace for missed games while eating into our salary cap.
#JKJB

« Reply #672 on: January 23, 2023, 02:13:27 AM »

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
Let’s say the season is over and Jaylen goes to Brad requesting a trade to his hometown of Atlanta. How would you feel about this deal:

BOS Out: JB, Brogdon, Gallo
BOS In: Dejounte Murray, John Collins, Bogdan Bogdanovic

If it was immediately followed by Murray signing a long-term extension with us. The rest of the off-season is simply matching the best offer for Grant and either consolidating our two 2023 picks into one pick, or drafting two players (perhaps one draft-and-stash).

2023-2024 roster:

Murray/D-White
Smart/D-White
JT/Bogdanovic
Collins/G. Williams
Timelord/Horford

Bench: Hauser, Pritchard, Kornet, Davison, 2023 2nd round pick(s)

« Reply #673 on: January 23, 2023, 07:27:01 AM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166
Let’s say the season is over and Jaylen goes to Brad requesting a trade to his hometown of Atlanta. How would you feel about this deal:

If it was immediately followed by Murray signing a long-term extension with us. The rest of the off-season is simply matching the best offer for Grant and either consolidating our two 2023 picks into one pick, or drafting two players (perhaps one draft-and-stash).

2023-2024 roster:

Murray/D-White
Smart/D-White
JT/Bogdanovic
Collins/G. Williams
Timelord/Horford

I'm in the JKJB camp for sure, but this is intriguing.  I'd take the call for sure!  The question is, does ATL make the call?
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

« Reply #674 on: January 23, 2023, 09:17:04 AM »

Online Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 867

2023-2024 roster:

Murray/D-White
Smart/D-White
JT/Bogdanovic
Collins/G. Williams
Timelord/Horford

I'm in the JKJB camp for sure, but this is intriguing.  I'd take the call for sure!  The question is, does ATL make the call?

I am not that intrigued by this.  I am not sure that Murray is better even than Brogdon.  Younger but I don't think he makes us better.  And I am not sure that Collins is even good.  He might be, has shown flashes, but I have my doubts.  I am not giving up Brown for him, that is for sure. And Bogdanovic does not move my needle much at all.

So no, I absolutely pass on this trade.  I get that you are conditioning this on Brown requesting a trade but we can do better, even if ATL is his home town.