Poll

Do These Ideas Make You Excited or Feel Good?

All of the Time
2 (20%)
Most of the Time
0 (0%)
Half of the Time
7 (70%)
Quarter of the Time
1 (10%)
None of the Time
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Author Topic: Greenly’s Trade Ideas (merged)  (Read 89797 times)

Re: Greenly’s Trade Ideas (merged)
« Reply #630 on: December 25, 2022, 04:25:56 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Is GG a laker troll?

🤢

I am just a guy who bleeds green and wants to see this team have another dynasty.
by senselessly trading away an all-star level player for spare parts or people past their prime.  epic failure each and every time

« Reply #631 on: December 25, 2022, 07:51:41 PM »

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 94
Is GG a laker troll?

🤢

I am just a guy who bleeds green and wants to see this team have another dynasty.
by senselessly trading away an all-star level player for spare parts or people past their prime.  epic failure each and every time

Kawhi is far from past his prime. I just saw him headline a NB commercial after our game. Boy does he look cool in that commercial. People constantly count Klaw out, but Klaw just claws his way back to the top. It’s what he quietly does. Just wait and see. Hopefully he does it in Celtic green because with the possible exceptions of Stockton/Malone, Kawhi oozes Celtic Pride more than any guy who’s never been a Celtic 🤤

« Reply #632 on: December 25, 2022, 07:55:47 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
Is GG a laker troll?

🤢

Kawhi is far from past his prime. I just saw him headline a NB commercial after our game. Boy does he look cool in that commercial. People constantly count Klaw out, and Klaw just claws his way back to the top. Just wait and see. Hopefully he does it in Celtic green because with the possible exceptions of Stockton/Malone, Kawhi oozes Celtic Pride more than any guy who’s never been a Celtic 🤤
this is the most laughably pathetic thing I've ever heard as a reason why a player should be traded for.

« Reply #633 on: December 25, 2022, 07:58:52 PM »

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
Is GG a laker troll?

🤢

Kawhi is far from past his prime. I just saw him headline a NB commercial after our game. Boy does he look cool in that commercial. People constantly count Klaw out, and Klaw just claws his way back to the top. Just wait and see. Hopefully he does it in Celtic green because with the possible exceptions of Stockton/Malone, Kawhi oozes Celtic Pride more than any guy who’s never been a Celtic 🤤
this is the most laughably pathetic thing I've ever heard as a reason why a player should be traded for.

That was an aside. The reason why I want Klaw is because he quietly claws his way back to the top. They always count Klaw out and then he quietly shows them why he’s one of the ten best players in basketball history (when it’s all said and done).

When Klaw is healthy, this is what Klaw does in the playoffs:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NKzykMuLQ4

Other than Michael Jordan, he’s the best player in NBA playoff history. If not for the idiots in the medical offices of the Spurs and Clippers, everybody would know it. But the story is far from over, and the idiocy of the Clippers’ front office/medical staff gives me hope of the dream of Klaw in green.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2022, 08:29:06 PM by GreenlyGreeny »

« Reply #634 on: December 25, 2022, 08:28:50 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
Is GG a laker troll?

🤢

That was an aside. The reason why I want Klaw is because he quietly claws his way back to the top. They always count Klaw out and then he quietly shows them why he’s one of the ten best players in basketball history.

Other than Michael Jordan, he’s the best player in NBA playoff history. If not for the idiots in the medical offices of the Spurs and Clippers, everybody would know it. But the story is far from over.
yet another statement that shows you have no idea how to evaluate talent.

that aside, he's not healthy.  there's serious concerns about his health.  Jaylen has no such concerns.

Kawhi's also much older than Jaylen -- 31 compared to 26 -- he's on the downside of his career whereas Jaylen is still climbing to his peak.  He's also paid more than Jaylen (until Jaylen needs to be resigned which will be worth the contract because, again, he's young and improving). 

there's no selling point for Kawhi, none, particularly if your desire is to build a dynasty.  Tatum/Brown has the potential to contend for years.  swap Brown for Kawhi, you're hoping and praying Kawhi is even available to play and that's not even getting into the fact he's not playing at the level he was at several years ago but at a lower level that isn't good enough to be the second banana on this roster.

« Reply #635 on: December 25, 2022, 08:30:14 PM »

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
Is GG a laker troll?

🤢

That was an aside. The reason why I want Klaw is because he quietly claws his way back to the top. They always count Klaw out and then he quietly shows them why he’s one of the ten best players in basketball history.

Other than Michael Jordan, he’s the best player in NBA playoff history. If not for the idiots in the medical offices of the Spurs and Clippers, everybody would know it. But the story is far from over.

that aside, he's not healthy.  there's serious concerns about his health.  Jaylen has no such concerns.

Kawhi's also much older than Jaylen -- 31 compared to 26 -- he's on the downside of his career whereas Jaylen is still climbing to his peak.  He's also paid more than Jaylen (until Jaylen needs to be resigned which will be worth the contract because, again, he's young and improving). 

there's no selling point for Kawhi, none, particularly if your desire is to build a dynasty.  Tatum/Brown has the potential to contend for years.  swap Brown for Kawhi, you're hoping and praying Kawhi is even available to play and that's not even getting into the fact he's not playing at the level he was at several years ago but at a lower level that isn't good enough to be the second banana on this roster.

Kawhi’s saving himself for the playoffs. Wait and see. I just hope we don’t face him in the Finals.

Kawhi’s excellence is mostly about his BBIQ, which is basically the basketball version of Einstein. If we are so fortunate to get him, we’re getting someone who will be elite through his late 30s. I see both him and JB having 6-7 more elite seasons and I would bank on Kawhi’s next 6-7 seasons being better than JB’s next 6-7 seasons. Yeah, we would get JB in his mid/late 30s if we really stuck with him, but his game is about athleticism more than BBIQ, so we’d be stuck overpaying for nostalgia. JB will be the 2020s version of Glen Rice when it’s all said and done. Some people will remember him in 25-30 years as a good/all-star player, but he won’t be in the HOF whereas Kawhi will be on the NBA 100 and NBA 75 Teams.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2022, 08:35:55 PM by GreenlyGreeny »

« Reply #636 on: December 25, 2022, 09:44:40 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
Is GG a laker troll?

🤢

Kawhi’s saving himself for the playoffs. Wait and see. I just hope we don’t face him in the Finals.

Kawhi’s excellence is mostly about his BBIQ, which is basically the basketball version of Einstein. If we are so fortunate to get him, we’re getting someone who will be elite through his late 30s. I see both him and JB having 6-7 more elite seasons and I would bank on Kawhi’s next 6-7 seasons being better than JB’s next 6-7 seasons. Yeah, we would get JB in his mid/late 30s if we really stuck with him, but his game is about athleticism more than BBIQ, so we’d be stuck overpaying for nostalgia. JB will be the 2020s version of Glen Rice when it’s all said and done. Some people will remember him in 25-30 years as a good/all-star player, but he won’t be in the HOF whereas Kawhi will be on the NBA 100 and NBA 75 Teams.
I'll give you this, your delusions are second to none

« Reply #637 on: December 25, 2022, 10:02:44 PM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823
Is GG a laker troll?

🤢

Michael Jordan was not elite in his late 30s. LeBron, who is still 37, and an absolute physical freak and conditioning nut, is a borderline all star who absolutely loafs on defense.

But you are going to say with confidence that Kawhi - a guy who’s lost two seasons to serious lower body injuries - is going to age more gracefully than those guys? That’s *very* unlikely. I’d want something like 100-1 odds before taking a bet he’ll be all-NBA his year 37 season.

« Reply #638 on: December 28, 2022, 12:08:50 PM »

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
Rumors are flying that that the Jazz, Suns and Hawks are discussing a big trade that sends Vanderbilt to Phoenix, Collins to Utah and Crowder to Atlanta. The hold-up is apparently Danny insisting on more than a first-rounder.

Source: https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2022/12/jazz-hawks-suns-discussed-possible-three-team-trade.html

The point is this: Vanderbilt may be available. A 23 year old PF under two more years of cost-control, he is averaging roughly 8.5/8/3, and would be perfect to replace Horford in the starting lineup, so I think we should try turning this trade discussion into something like this involving us in the mix since Phoenix is apparently balking at giving up draft capital:

BOS In: Vanderbilt
BOS Out: Gallo, all 2023 2nds, 2025 1st

UTA In: Collins, Gallo, Holiday (expiring/matching), all BOS 2023 2nds, BOS 2025 1st
UTA Out: Vanderbilt, Clarkson, Olynyk, Gay

ATL In: Clarkson, Olynyk, Gay
ATL Out: Collins, Holiday

We would be loaded nine-deep, and finally able to get Horford coming off the bench:

Smart/D-White
JB/Brogdon
JT/G. Williams
Vanderbilt/Horford
Timelord/Horford

Bench: Hauser, Kornet, Pritchard, Griffin

« Reply #639 on: December 28, 2022, 12:53:49 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
You see a report that Atlanta is willing to trade John Collins for Jae Crowder and Landry Shamet and your 1st instinct is not to propose a trade for Collins, but to propose a trade for Vanderbilt.  That seems very strange.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #640 on: December 28, 2022, 12:55:05 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
Rumors are flying that that the Jazz, Suns and Hawks are discussing a big trade that sends Vanderbilt to Phoenix, Collins to Utah and Crowder to Atlanta. The hold-up is apparently Danny insisting on more than a first-rounder.

Source: https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2022/12/jazz-hawks-suns-discussed-possible-three-team-trade.html

The point is this: Vanderbilt may be available. A 23 year old PF under two more years of cost-control, he is averaging roughly 8.5/8/3, and would be perfect to replace Horford in the starting lineup, so I think we should try turning this trade discussion into something like this involving us in the mix since Phoenix is apparently balking at giving up draft capital:

UTA In: Collins, Gallo, Holiday (expiring/matching), all BOS 2023 2nds, BOS 2025 1st

We would be loaded nine-deep, and finally able to get Horford coming off the bench:

Smart/D-White
JB/Brogdon
JT/G. Williams
Vanderbilt/Horford
Timelord/Horford

well, on the plus side you didn't throw JB into this deal.

I think it's an overpay by the C's -- just getting Vanderbilt isn't enough to justify giving up a first and multiple seconds.  make it either the first rounder or the seconds.  would prefer the seconds because Brad's been shedding first rounders since he's taken over and we need a method for adding young talent that we can develop that doesn't need more seasoning in the G league.  wouldn't be surprised if Brad took on KO instead of Vanderbilt in the deal since KO can actually shoot from outside which is his preferred type of big man.

the other thought is to not get involved and keep everyone for another run next year with the addition of Gallo (if he's not ready for the playoffs this year). 

« Reply #641 on: December 28, 2022, 01:10:16 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
Boston - Collins
Phoenix - White
Atlanta - Crowder, Shamet, Kornet
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #642 on: December 28, 2022, 02:36:35 PM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823

Smart/D-White
JB/Brogdon
JT/G. Williams
Vanderbilt/Horford
Timelord/Horford

Vanderbilt does some things well, but he doesn’t fit in that squad because he can’t shoot. His best chance to make a contribution on offense is on a roll or from the dunker spot. What happens if you put him on the court with Rob W? You’ll have two guys who do not shoot at all or create for themselves, and the lane starts to get pretty clogged for the Js.  Even worse, there’s even more reason for Marcus to jack up 3s, because who else can shoot them? The Celtics can’t play 2-out.

« Reply #643 on: December 28, 2022, 02:49:51 PM »

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
You see a report that Atlanta is willing to trade John Collins for Jae Crowder and Landry Shamet and your 1st instinct is not to propose a trade for Collins, but to propose a trade for Vanderbilt.  That seems very strange.

While Collins is fine, albeit a bit overrated by some on here, I much prefer what I know D-White and Brogdon do for our team compared to what I think Collins would bring in the absence of either D-White or Brogdon (that is, no way to get Collins without giving up one of those two, so I’m a hard-pass).

« Reply #644 on: December 28, 2022, 02:56:15 PM »

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell

Smart/D-White
JB/Brogdon
JT/G. Williams
Vanderbilt/Horford
Timelord/Horford

Vanderbilt does some things well, but he doesn’t fit in that squad because he can’t shoot. His best chance to make a contribution on offense is on a roll or from the dunker spot. What happens if you put him on the court with Rob W? You’ll have two guys who do not shoot at all or create for themselves, and the lane starts to get pretty clogged for the Js.  Even worse, there’s even more reason for Marcus to jack up 3s, because who else can shoot them? The Celtics can’t play 2-out.

Great points, but I should have pointed out that although I think I’d start Vanderbilt and Timelord together, I’d try to not have them play much together for the reasons outlined above (if Vanderbilt is truly as limited with shooting as Timelord). That is, always have Horford (or Grant at 4 sometimes) on the court with either Vanderbilt or Timelord resting. Vanderbilt is great insurance for Timelord, too, in terms of the glass/defense. The best part: Because Vanderbilt is so cheap, we could possibly bring him in without giving up one of our top eight guys. Quality bigs like Vanderbilt don’t always become available for a first-rounder and a rotation player.