Poll

Do These Ideas Make You Excited or Feel Good?

All of the Time
2 (20%)
Most of the Time
0 (0%)
Half of the Time
7 (70%)
Quarter of the Time
1 (10%)
None of the Time
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Author Topic: Greenly’s Trade Ideas (merged)  (Read 89803 times)

Re: Greenly’s Trade Ideas (merged)
« Reply #600 on: December 14, 2022, 01:17:59 PM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2478
When is this thread finally going to be locked? I'm sick of seeing it here.

« Reply #601 on: December 14, 2022, 01:31:53 PM »

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486
This team has been a delight to watch. Hopefully long term we can lock up both Brown and Tatum and be a force for years to come. #JKJB
#JKJB

« Reply #602 on: December 14, 2022, 03:17:53 PM »

Offline G-Bones

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 89

Agreed! JKJB

« Reply #603 on: December 14, 2022, 03:20:37 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

Agreed! JKJB
motion thirded.  lock this garbage. 

« Reply #604 on: December 14, 2022, 04:49:08 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Agreed! JKJB
The whole point was so that it was one thread with all his ideas, rather than a new thread for each new idea. I don't think anyone wants to return to the latter.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #605 on: December 14, 2022, 05:48:41 PM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823

Agreed! JKJB
The whole point was so that it was one thread with all his ideas, rather than a new thread for each new idea. I don't think anyone wants to return to the latter.

This is an excellent point.

« Reply #606 on: December 14, 2022, 10:04:59 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

Agreed! JKJB

This is an excellent point.
I was thinking something along the lines of limiting a poster's ability to create new threads. 

« Reply #607 on: December 15, 2022, 01:42:30 AM »

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 94
The thread has nearly 60,000 views, so people keep coming back to read the trade ideas. I was ridiculed for suggesting we trade Kemba for Horford long before we did, and look at how awesome that played out. Also promoted the idea of going after Brogdon, and look at how great that is proving to be. Had we brought in Kawhi back in the day like I wanted, instead of committing to JB, I bet he would still be here leading a dynasty with JT, Horford, Timelord and Smart.

If you think you’ve got better trade ideas, why not post them? If you do not like this thread, why not skip reading it? 🤷‍♂️ Nobody is forcing anybody to open this thread and read it. Plenty of others enjoy it or it would not have nearly 60,000 views. Different strokes for different folks, and not everybody thinks exactly alike. That’s called diversity and the strongest communities like ours have it 🤷‍♂️
« Last Edit: December 15, 2022, 01:48:50 AM by GreenlyGreeny »

« Reply #608 on: December 15, 2022, 12:22:00 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
The thread has nearly 60,000 views, so people keep coming back to read the trade ideas. I was ridiculed for suggesting we trade Kemba for Horford long before we did, and look at how awesome that played out. Also promoted the idea of going after Brogdon, and look at how great that is proving to be. Had we brought in Kawhi back in the day like I wanted, instead of committing to JB, I bet he would still be here leading a dynasty with JT, Horford, Timelord and Smart.

If you think you’ve got better trade ideas, why not post them? If you do not like this thread, why not skip reading it? 🤷‍♂️ Nobody is forcing anybody to open this thread and read it. Plenty of others enjoy it or it would not have nearly 60,000 views. Different strokes for different folks, and not everybody thinks exactly alike. That’s called diversity and the strongest communities like ours have it 🤷‍♂️
don't make the false equivalency of Views being the same as Likes.  the solid majority of comments in your trade thread are not complimentary and this thread has far fewer than 60,000 comments (which are not nearly the same quantity as posters)

Diversity isn't the issue.  it's the endless barrage of bad trade ideas based on your never-ending quest to trade JB
(which you've shown to have a severe lack of appreciation for his talent as well as seeking any bogus thing to justify trading him your mind)  for someone past their prime/coming off injury who seems to have impressed you years ago to the point where you still think they are all-world (and will continue to play that way as long as they're under the contract you'd sign them to) and to do so with grotesque overpayments and an absolute disregard of draft pick values. 

« Reply #609 on: December 15, 2022, 12:51:30 PM »

Offline freshinthehouse

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 156
Keep the trade ideas coming, Greenly.  Even if I don't agree with them, I still like reading the conversation that they generate. 

« Reply #610 on: December 15, 2022, 01:30:13 PM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
I like discussing trade ideas, but the consistent undervaluing of what Jaylen Brown brings to this team, and the overvaluing of what others bring is what makes me not click this thread.

The bravado and the revisionist history is always enjoyable to me though.

« Reply #611 on: December 18, 2022, 03:20:17 PM »

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
Any chance Indiana would be open to this:

BOS In: Tyrese Haliburton, Myles Turner, TJ McConnell
BOS Out: JB, Pritchard, Gallo

Haliburton is only 22 with another year on his rookie contract and RFA rights after that. An ideal replacement for JB at the 2 who is far more complementary to JT in the sense that Haliburton can run point when Smart sits or is injured. McConnell is an improvement over Pritchard, and provides us with the flexibility to have Brogdon backup both Haliburton and JT. Finally, Turner may fall in love with Boston and decide to re-sign, which would be a huge insurance policy for Timelord. Between the two, we’d always do well on the glass even when the injury bug bites one or the other, with Horford still freed up to not push himself so much.

Smart/D-White/McConnell
Haliburton/Brogdon/D-White
JT/Brogdon/G. Williams
Horford/G. Williams
Timelord/Turner

Bench: Griffin, Hauser, Kornet, Jackson, Vonleh

Move our seconds for a late first in 2023 to get the best available 4, sign Davison, and focus the off-season on re-signing Turner and G. Williams, along with signing a ring-chaser at the MLE.

« Reply #612 on: December 18, 2022, 03:22:52 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
just stop.  another garbage trade for the C's yet again because you insist on shipping on JB and doing so for pennies on the dollar. 

« Reply #613 on: December 18, 2022, 07:32:14 PM »

Offline G-Bones

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 89
JKJB

« Reply #614 on: December 19, 2022, 05:20:39 PM »

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
If the Celtics and Suns continue to slide, this may make sense come the new year:

BOS In: Mikal Bridges, CP-3, Jae Crowder, 2028 PHX 1st (Unprotected)
PHX In: JB, Brogdon, Gallo

Basically replacing JB with Bridges, who’s under contract four more years in the $21-25 mil./yr. range; replacing Brogdon with CP-3, who’s obsessed with getting a ring and will have no trouble being second-fiddle to JT; replacing Gallo with Crowder, who’s no stranger to us. Phoenix has to throw in an unprotected first given the difference between CP-3 and Brogdon, and less pronounced difference between JB and Bridges.

Shake up roster:

CP-3/Smart or D-White
Smart/D-White or Pritchard
Bridges/G. Williams or Crowder
JT/Crowder or G. Williams
Timelord/Horford

Bench: Griffin, Kornet, Hauser