Poll

Do These Ideas Make You Excited or Feel Good?

All of the Time
2 (20%)
Most of the Time
0 (0%)
Half of the Time
7 (70%)
Quarter of the Time
1 (10%)
None of the Time
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Author Topic: Greenly’s Trade Ideas (merged)  (Read 89817 times)

Re: Greenly’s Trade Ideas (merged)
« Reply #645 on: December 28, 2022, 03:10:40 PM »

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 94
Replace Gallo with Pritchard, and I wonder if Danny would give us Vanderbilt for Pritchard and only our 2023 2nds?

What would also be interesting is if the Hawks are really trying to move both Young and Collins, in which case roping the Lakers into the deal would be quite interesting (although unlikely, like most four team trades):

BOS In: Vanderbilt
BOS Out: Pritchard, all 2023 2nds

LAL In: Young
LAL Out: Westbrick, 2026 LAL 1st, 2028 LAL 1st, 2029 LAL 1st swap, 2023 LAL 2nd, 2027 LAL 2nd, 2029 LAL 2nd

UTA In: Collins, Pritchard, Bogdanovic, (2) 2023 BOS 2nds
UTA Out: Vanderbilt, Clarkson, Olynyk, Conley

ATL In: Clarkson, Olynyk, Conley, Westbrick, 2026 LAL 1st, 2028 LAL 1st, 2029 LAL 1st swap, 2023 LAL 2nd, 2027 LAL 2nd, 2029 LAL 2nd
ATL Out: Young, Collins, Bogdanovic

If Atlanta wants to join the Wembanyama sweepstakes, it makes sense to unload these three now, maybe move some of these other guys they’re getting, struggle the rest of the season, and possibly win Wembanyama or Scoot in the draft. Pairing either one with Dejounte Murray is a much brighter future than thinking they’re ever getting off the treadmill with their current core.

The Lakers make the move because they need to do something and to heck with that future if LeBron thinks him, AD and Trae Young could get them into title contention.

Utah obviously wants Collins, but I also bet they’d love Pritchard and Bogdanovic, especially if they can dump Conley in the process.

Regarding us, my concern with moving Gallo is it may make it more difficult for us to attract MLE free agents in the future, so I am leaning more towards moving Pritchard than Gallo. If Gallo recovers, we are absolutely loaded with ten-deep next year—and picture all the rotations we could roll with given below:

Smart/D-White
JB/Brogdon
JT/G. Williams
Vanderbilt/Gallo
Timelord/Horford

Bench: Hauser, Kornet, Davison, TBD, TBD
« Last Edit: December 28, 2022, 03:41:19 PM by GreenlyGreeny »

« Reply #646 on: December 28, 2022, 04:04:48 PM »

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
I’m also not opposed to a deal like this, particularly if Crowder would like to follow in the footsteps of Horford by coming back to be our starting four for two or three more years, then close-out his career as a Celtic:

BOS In: Crowder
BOS Out: Gallo, Pritchard

PHX In: Vanderbilt, Conley
PHX Out: Crowder, Shamet, Saric, 2025 PHX 1st

UTA In: Gallo, Pritchard, Shamet, Saric, 2025 PHX 1st
UTA Out: Vanderbilt, Conley

Really improves our roster:

Smart/D-White
JB/Brogdon
JT/G. Williams
Crowder/Horford
Timelord/Horford

The key is that we’d have to come to an agreement with Crowder on whether he’s coming back 2-3 more years and at what amount. Make him the starter since that’s his big demand, but really split a lot of his time with Horford and Grant.

« Reply #647 on: December 28, 2022, 08:56:54 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
I’m also not opposed to a deal like this, particularly if Crowder would like to follow in the footsteps of Horford by coming back to be our starting four for two or three more years, then close-out his career as a Celtic:

Smart/D-White
JB/Brogdon
JT/G. Williams
Crowder/Horford
Timelord/Horford

The key is that we’d have to come to an agreement with Crowder on whether he’s coming back 2-3 more years and at what amount. Make him the starter since that’s his big demand, but really split a lot of his time with Horford and Grant.
Crowder's not the player he was when he was here.  Also, his departure from Boston wasn't a "sad to see you go" situation like Horford for either him or the team.  no way he wants to return.

« Reply #648 on: December 28, 2022, 08:58:43 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
Replace Gallo with Pritchard, and I wonder if Danny would give us Vanderbilt for Pritchard and only our 2023 2nds?

What would also be interesting is if the Hawks are really trying to move both Young and Collins, in which case roping the Lakers into the deal would be quite interesting (although unlikely, like most four team trades):

LAL Out: Westbrick, 2026 LAL 1st, 2028 LAL 1st, 2029 LAL 1st swap, 2023 LAL 2nd, 2027 LAL 2nd, 2029 LAL 2nd

ATL In: Clarkson, Olynyk, Conley, Westbrick, 2026 LAL 1st, 2028 LAL 1st, 2029 LAL 1st swap, 2023 LAL 2nd, 2027 LAL 2nd, 2029 LAL 2nd

If Atlanta wants to join the Wembanyama sweepstakes, it makes sense to unload these three now, maybe move some of these other guys they’re getting, struggle the rest of the season, and possibly win Wembanyama or Scoot in the draft. Pairing either one with Dejounte Murray is a much brighter future than thinking they’re ever getting off the treadmill with their current core.

The Lakers make the move because they need to do something and to heck with that future if LeBron thinks him, AD and Trae Young could get them into title contention.

Utah obviously wants Collins, but I also bet they’d love Pritchard and Bogdanovic, especially if they can dump Conley in the process.

Regarding us, my concern with moving Gallo is it may make it more difficult for us to attract MLE free agents in the future, so I am leaning more towards moving Pritchard than Gallo. If Gallo recovers, we are absolutely loaded with ten-deep next year—and picture all the rotations we could roll with given below:

Smart/D-White
JB/Brogdon
JT/G. Williams
Vanderbilt/Gallo
Timelord/Horford

why on earth would you want to help out the lakers?  just why?  exchanging grossly overpaid, underperforming Westbrook for Young who's actually productive and provides them with the outside shooting they sorely need?  no freaking way.  Let the Lakers wallow in their failure and suffer through watching their high draft pick this year benefit another team.

« Reply #649 on: December 28, 2022, 09:16:49 PM »

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell

Smart/D-White
JB/Brogdon
JT/G. Williams
Vanderbilt/Gallo
Timelord/Horford

why on earth would you want to help out the lakers?  just why?  exchanging grossly overpaid, underperforming Westbrook for Young who's actually productive and provides them with the outside shooting they sorely need?  no freaking way.  Let the Lakers wallow in their failure and suffer through watching their high draft pick this year benefit another team.

Nothing would please me more than beating LeBron/Lakers in the NBA Finals. That said, I don’t think Young gets them there, but at least with that there would be a chance to see them sneak in and lose to us.

« Reply #650 on: December 28, 2022, 10:42:42 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

Smart/D-White
JB/Brogdon
JT/G. Williams
Vanderbilt/Gallo
Timelord/Horford

Nothing would please me more than beating LeBron/Lakers in the NBA Finals. That said, I don’t think Young gets them there, but at least with that there would be a chance to see them sneak in and lose to us.
granted a championship tastes sweeter at the expense of the Lakers but in no way, shape or form would I do anything that might improve their odds of them getting to the playoffs whatsoever. 

« Reply #651 on: December 28, 2022, 11:31:13 PM »

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell

Smart/D-White
JB/Brogdon
JT/G. Williams
Vanderbilt/Gallo
Timelord/Horford

granted a championship tastes sweeter at the expense of the Lakers but in no way, shape or form would I do anything that might improve their odds of them getting to the playoffs whatsoever.

TP for the reminder to look at the standings, seeing the Lakers near the bottom and remembering the Pelicans get their pick. It would be absolutely hilarious if the Lakers win the lottery and the Pelicans get Wembanyama as a result 🤣 that may be even better than seeing them lose the Finals to us

« Reply #652 on: December 29, 2022, 08:59:03 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."

Smart/D-White
JB/Brogdon
JT/G. Williams
Crowder/Horford
Timelord/Horford

Crowder's not the player he was when he was here.  Also, his departure from Boston wasn't a "sad to see you go" situation like Horford for either him or the team.  no way he wants to return.
True, Crowder doesn't want to be here and the C's don't want him. Beyond that, Gallo alone is better than Crowder, plus just giving away Pritchard? NO WAY.

« Reply #653 on: December 30, 2022, 07:52:44 AM »

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
Marginal improvement but may be all we need:

BOS In: Zach Collins
BOS Out/SAS In: Pritchard, Gallo, Vonleh

Sign JD Davison and Michael Carter-Williams to full contracts, so we are basically replacing Pritchard with them while improving our front-court depth with Collins (Gallo should be happy with SAS so no harm done):

Smart/D-White
JB/Brogdon
JT/Hauser
Horford/G. Williams
Timelord/Collins

Bench: Griffin, Kornet, Jackson, Davison, Carter-Williams

In the off-season, match the best offer for Grant, consolidate our 2023 picks so we can move up as far as possible and take the best available player, give Yam Madar a chance, and round-out the team with a ring-chasing vet:

Smart/D-White
JB/Brogdon
JT/Hauser
Horford/G. Williams
Timelord/Collins

Bench: Kornet, Davison, Madar, 2023 pick in the lower 30s or upper 20s, ring-chasing vet
« Last Edit: December 30, 2022, 07:58:58 AM by GreenlyGreeny »

« Reply #654 on: December 30, 2022, 08:09:23 AM »

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
Seems like a lot of folks in the league have soured on John Collins, so I can’t help but wonder if he’d be available for the following:

BOS In: John Collins
BOS Out: Brogdon, 2025 BOS 1st

Personally, I think Brogdon does more for the team than Collins could, but I might be wrong. I do like the idea of upgrading our front-court, but Brogdon is HUGE when healthy. Other than JT, he’s our best shooter when he’s healthy. But Collins would bring a lot of flexibility elsewhere, he’s still only 25 and he’s under contract for a few years. It probably comes down to whether or not we think Pritchard can develop into an even better defender in the future.

Here is what we’d look like, and I can see the appeal considering John Collins is still in his mid 20s whereas Horford is closer to 40 (and even Brogdon is 30 now):

Smart/D-White
JB/Pritchard
JT/G. Williams
John Collins/Horford
Timelord/Horford

Bench: Hauser, Kornet, Griffin, Davison, Jackson, Vonleh

« Reply #655 on: January 14, 2023, 03:05:34 PM »

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
Any chance the Spurs would agree to this:

BOS In: Sochan
SAS In: Gallo, Pritchard, Kornet, (2) 2023 2nds, 2025 BOS 1st (unprotected), remove the top one protection on the 2028 BOS 1st we gave up for D-White

The Williams brothers and Sochan could become our future front-court. Very appealing.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2023, 03:12:37 PM by GreenlyGreeny »

« Reply #656 on: January 14, 2023, 03:23:59 PM »

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
If we fail to make it through the East and the Clippers fail to make it through the West, I’d make this the top priority trade for the off-season:

BOS In: Kawhi, Kennard
LAC In: JB, Brogdon, Hauser, Kornet, (2) 2023 2nds

Move JT to the four, start D-White, add a MLE 1/2, buy out Yabusele’s contract with Real Madrid, and match the best offer for Grant:

Smart/MLE and Pritchard
D-White/Kennard
Kawhi/Gallo
JT/G. Williams
Timelord/Horford

Deep Bench: Yabusele, ring-chasing big, Davison

« Reply #657 on: January 14, 2023, 05:22:39 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
just stop.  please.  just stop.  3 garbage ideas one right after another. 

« Reply #658 on: January 14, 2023, 05:39:07 PM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823
If we fail to make it through the East and the Clippers fail to make it through the West, I’d make this the top priority trade for the off-season:

Move JT to the four, start D-White, add a MLE 1/2, buy out Yabusele’s contract with Real Madrid, and match the best offer for Grant:

Smart/MLE and Pritchard
D-White/Kennard
Kawhi/Gallo
JT/G. Williams
Timelord/Horford

Kawhi, who’s 31, has played less than half his team’s games this year. One reason his team is at .500.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2023, 06:14:15 PM by Sophomore »

« Reply #659 on: January 14, 2023, 07:07:36 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2509

Smart/MLE and Pritchard
D-White/Kennard
Kawhi/Gallo
JT/G. Williams
Timelord/Horford

Speaking of Kennard, I think it may be a canard that Yabu is now NBA ready.  I’d like nothing better, but can’t buy into him coming back as an impact player.

The rest of your post is on the crazy side - JB at 26 for oft-injured KL at 32.  Not a good risk for the Cs, though a great one for LAC.