Author Topic: Live: Tyson Fury vs. Deontay Wilder III  (Read 12162 times)

Live: Tyson Fury vs. Deontay Wilder III
« on: October 09, 2021, 11:20:10 PM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318
Fight is about to start, anyone watching?

Not a man alive born from his mother can beat Tyson Fury!

Re: Live: Tyson Fury vs. Deontay Wilder III
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2021, 11:35:45 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

It's knockout or nothing for Wilder. No chance out out boxing thr big man. Fury is impressive.

Anyone think Fury could beat Holyfield or Lewis in both they're primes?

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2021, 11:41:29 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

It's knockout or nothing for Wilder. No chance out out boxing thr big man. Fury is impressive.

Fury handles Holyfield comfortably. 7 inches taller and a 7.5 inch reach advantage. Also about 50lbs heavier.

Lewis would be incredibly interesting. Lewis did well against taller fighters, but Fury moves incredibly well and has an incredible chin. I'd back Fury, just because nobody has figured out the puzzle he proposes yet.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2021, 12:05:52 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533

Fury handles Holyfield comfortably. 7 inches taller and a 7.5 inch reach advantage. Also about 50lbs heavier.

Lewis would be incredibly interesting. Lewis did well against taller fighters, but Fury moves incredibly well and has an incredible chin. I'd back Fury, just because nobody has figured out the puzzle he proposes yet.
Yeah Evander is a bit overrated historically.  I don't even know if Fury would have beaten Wladimir in his prime and doubt he comes close to Vitali or Lennox.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2021, 01:30:14 AM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597

Yeah Evander is a bit overrated historically.  I don't even know if Fury would have beaten Wladimir in his prime and doubt he comes close to Vitali or Lennox.
Holyfield was an undisputed champ in 2 divisions. Not many people have accomplished that kind of feat, aside from Usyk.

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2021, 01:56:45 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

I don't know about overrated. He was one of the most versatile boxers of all time. But against the goliaths of heavyweight boxing (Fury, Vitali) I think he'd struggle.

I think Fury beats all three. I am yet to see anyone figure him out. His defence, footwork, chin & heart, as well as his ability to pepper people is really incredible. I've never seen a 6'9 280lbs man move the way he does.

Credit to Wilder for tonight, I have no idea how he remained standing for that long. Looked wobbly from round 3 or 4 onward. Probably not the best idea for him to take many more beatings like that though.

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2021, 02:14:37 AM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald

I don't know about overrated. He was one of the most versatile boxers of all time. But against the goliaths of heavyweight boxing (Fury, Vitali) I think he'd struggle.

I think Fury beats all three. I am yet to see anyone figure him out. His defence, footwork, chin & heart, as well as his ability to pepper people is really incredible. I've never seen a 6'9 280lbs man move the way he does.

Credit to Wilder for tonight, I have no idea how he remained standing for that long. Looked wobbly from round 3 or 4 onward. Probably not the best idea for him to take many more beatings like that though.
To be fair, Fury's size is a cheat code. There should be a separate division for over 250 lbs. He outweights majority of fighters in the division around 30-50 lbs plus he have a massive reach and height advantage. That's like a middleweight fighting bantam weights

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2021, 02:28:49 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

To be fair, Fury's size is a cheat code. There should be a separate division for over 250 lbs. He outweights majority of fighters in the division around 30-50 lbs plus he have a massive reach and height advantage. That's like a middleweight fighting bantam weights
I tend to agree. Or at least I think heavyweight should begin at 220-230lbs. I've long thought similar about the UFC, but their weight classes are all over the shop with weight cutting. It's comparable to Cedi Osman trying to guard Karl Malone - not happening!

« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2021, 03:50:07 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

.okay let's step it up then. Fury vs  Mike Tyson, Ali, and Frazier who ya got?

« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2021, 04:09:50 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

He's probably able to frustrate Tyson (the size difference is ridiculous). I think Ali gets him, he's way too fast in his prime and would be able to avoid Fury if he wanted to wrestle, plus Ali had better conditioning. Frazier is probably too small as well, similar to Tyson. But given Tyson's punch power and Frazier's simple ability they both, obviously, have a chance.

I would pay lots of money to see prime Fury against a prime George Foreman.

« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2021, 05:12:55 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Epic fight for HW guys

« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2021, 05:48:47 AM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald

I'd give it to Ali. He's big enough at 6'3". Blazing fast with amazing reflexes and throws a barrage of combination that you can no longer find on a heavyweight today.

« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2021, 11:29:08 AM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1416

He's probably able to frustrate Tyson (the size difference is ridiculous). I think Ali gets him, he's way too fast in his prime and would be able to avoid Fury if he wanted to wrestle, plus Ali had better conditioning. Frazier is probably too small as well, similar to Tyson. But given Tyson's punch power and Frazier's simple ability they both, obviously, have a chance.

I would pay lots of money to see prime Fury against a prime George Foreman.

I don’t think Fury could survive prime Mike Tyson. Even with the height and reach advantage, feel like Mike would still get inside a few times and That’s all it would take. body shots would be devastating.
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2021, 01:16:48 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I don’t think Fury could survive prime Mike Tyson. Even with the height and reach advantage, feel like Mike would still get inside a few times and That’s all it would take. body shots would be devastating.

People said the same thing about Buster Douglas, and we all know what happened there.  Fury is significantly bigger and stronger than Douglas.  If he could withstand Mike's opening, I think he could win.   Mike Tyson knew how to come out swinging and got in may guys head.   This attitude with his brick breaking punches over came many an opponent.   If you could last past this then he was mortal, but not many could.

People love to see a fast guy beat a big guy but all it takes is one good shot from the big guy and it's game over.   Size is not the end all but it certainly helps in a fight.

Ali won a lot of fights against big strong guys but the end the punishment he took was the end of him

« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2021, 02:27:52 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289

People said the same thing about Buster Douglas, and we all know what happened there.  Fury is significantly bigger and stronger than Douglas.  If he could withstand Mike's opening, I think he could win.   Mike Tyson knew how to come out swinging and got in may guys head.   This attitude with his brick breaking punches over came many an opponent.   If you could last past this then he was mortal, but not many could.

People love to see a fast guy beat a big guy but all it takes is one good shot from the big guy and it's game over.   Size is not the end all but it certainly helps in a fight.

Ali won a lot of fights against big strong guys but the end the punishment he took was the end of him
I picked Douglas as an upset over Tyson but in fairness Douglas was down for the ten count. If ref hadn't stopped counting it would have been over. They are supposed to keep count not stop.