Author Topic: Kemba, Thompson, TPE, Lonzo, Multi-Team -HOW??  (Read 2569 times)

Kemba, Thompson, TPE, Lonzo, Multi-Team -HOW??
« on: March 21, 2021, 05:20:46 PM »

Offline $Mike$

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 5
This is easier said than done, but ideally I would like to see the Celtics not use the GH TPE until the off-season unless it results in Lonzo Ball becoming a Celtic. Ideally, I would like to see the Celtics find a way to move on from Kemba, even at a "loss" and they can use Thompson to perhaps assist in this transaction in a multi-team trade if necessary. I used to be in the "need a center" camp, but honestly believe R. Williams and Theis are more than sufficient. (Nobody really is a sure thing to stop Embid or A.D. which seems to be the common discussion when the need for a center comes up.) The young Celtic core needs a pass first, longer PG who can defend more than one position. IMO, Lonzo is that player. Kemba is a score first and defensive liability due to his size and does not fit the Celtics style of defense. A trade to acquire Lonzo may need to involve other teams, but I believe it would also allow the Celtics to have his bird rights and go over the salary cap. The future would be bright with JT, JB, MS, LB, RW, PP, AN, DS and if not needed to be added in a trade, perhaps RL, if he is ever healthy...For this year, pick up Wayne Ellington from Detroit using Kanter TPE and let the young guys play..CELTIC STRONG Members, how can this happen?

Re: Kemba, Thompson, TPE, Lonzo, Multi-Team -HOW??
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2021, 05:44:00 PM »

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 94
https://tradenba.com/trades/xjIlVJrGp

Still have TPE in off-season. I’d be excited.

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2021, 05:51:11 PM »

Offline $Mike$

• Xavier Tillman
I like what you're trying! I think the Celtics would need to give a first round to OK too.

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2021, 05:56:13 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Why do the Thunder take on Kemba's contract, which is worse than Al Horford's?  A lot worse.  They would need some draft compensation, and frankly they have so many picks I think the marginal value of an additional pick or two is pretty slim.

I do like the idea of Lonzo Ball though, and think he would make a good teammate of Brown, Tatum and Rob Williams.  Don't know if the Pels are that keen to move on from him anymore or not.

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2021, 06:02:55 PM »

Online jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I don't think you trade Kemba to a team that has no desire for him. You end up losing assets by doing that.

In that Mannix report a few days ago, he said that the Magic (w/ Coach Clifford) might be potential suitors. In an ideal world, we get Gordon/Lonzo, Magic get Kemba, and the Pels get Fournier and a pick (or maybe just Ross).

I still think Kemba is a valuable player for our team, but if we could get Lonzo and Gordon for him, I would probably pull the trigger. Getting younger and also more versatile on D would be enticing. Of course, we would have to be willing to pay Lonzo this offseason. We would also still have the TPE.

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2021, 06:10:44 PM »

Offline $Mike$

• Xavier Tillman
Wow..didn't see that rumor..if you can get Ball and Gordon, that's even better! I am ok with giving up 3 years of what should be later 1st round picks for Ball and Gordon and with the rest of the young team.

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2021, 12:30:29 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549
It isn't that hard to acquire Lonzo without using the TPE, just need a 3rd team

New Orleans - L. Williams, BOS 21 1st
Los Angeles - Thompson
Boston - Lonzo, Patterson

Boston cuts Green or Patterson to keep the roster in tact.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2021, 09:24:25 PM »

Offline Muzzy66

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 123
No thanks.

I have zero interest in Lonzo as a player, and even less interest in him as a member of the Ball family (and all the associations that come with that). 

I'd rather have TT and Kemba at 50% of his ability, all day every day.

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2021, 10:59:51 PM »

Offline JAH1892

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 1
Works in trade machine and no need for TPE...How about this for a trade...Gordon and Beal to Cs, Walker and Grant Williams to Magic and Fournier and Smart to Wizards, guess picks to wizards if needed..

« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2021, 12:14:44 AM »

Offline Muzzy66

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 123
Works in trade machine and no need for TPE...How about this for a trade...Gordon and Beal to Cs, Walker and Grant Williams to Magic and Fournier and Smart to Wizards, guess picks to wizards if needed..

That is much better...but do you really think the Wizards would trade the league's leading scorer for Fournier, Smart and some picks?

« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2021, 01:25:11 PM »

Offline JAH1892

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 1
Maybe with a magic pick!  8) Wizards have 12 months to get anything for him..I think Beal actually wants to be in Boston so that’s an advantage...C’mon Danny do this!!🕛

And then go get Ball with half the TPE, this Easy..!