Author Topic: NBA Coronavirus Thread  (Read 10963 times)

NBA Coronavirus Thread
« on: January 15, 2021, 06:46:06 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Six Washington Wizards players have tested positive for COVID-19, and another three are in the NBA's health and safety protocols.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Re: NBA Coronavirus Thread
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2021, 06:47:40 PM »

Offline radiohead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 1227
KAT has tested positive too.

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2021, 07:04:40 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
He lost his mother and I think 5 or 6 other family members..prayers to him and all who has it and lost ppl to this horrible disease
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2021, 07:20:19 PM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
I am starting to think this was a huge mistake to have season in a non bubble environment. The league is risking these players lives as well as anyone that is with the players. They should have  simply waited until early summer after the players got vaccine’s as well. God forbid a player dies or someone who gets this from  a player.

Hope Kat and all others have no issues with this and get better.

This sport is the easiest to spread covid. The players are practically on top of each other during a game and their sweat and breathe is all over that court in an enclosed environment. Without what they did this past summer, keeping the players free of this is impossible.

Why not wait for that vaccine to be distributed? I am actually ashamed by the league as they just stand by and continue to allow this to get worse. If someone dies from this, they are responsible.

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2021, 08:14:08 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
He lost his mother and I think 5 or 6 other family members..prayers to him and all who has it and lost ppl to this horrible disease

wow ! thats just awful .  Prayers for his family.

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2021, 08:27:10 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1416
I am starting to think this was a huge mistake to have season in a non bubble environment. The league is risking these players lives as well as anyone that is with the players. They should have  simply waited until early summer after the players got vaccine’s as well. God forbid a player dies or someone who gets this from  a player.

Hope Kat and all others have no issues with this and get better.

This sport is the easiest to spread covid. The players are practically on top of each other during a game and their sweat and breathe is all over that court in an enclosed environment. Without what they did this past summer, keeping the players free of this is impossible.

Why not wait for that vaccine to be distributed? I am actually ashamed by the league as they just stand by and continue to allow this to get worse. If someone dies from this, they are responsible.

I don’t think the players want to be stuck in a bubble for 6 months. Playoffs should be, but the entire season would be brutal.
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2021, 11:55:56 AM »

Offline RMO

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 104

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2021, 11:22:19 AM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
But, hey, let's have a needless all star game.

Adrian Wojnarowski
@wojespn
Spurs have four positive tests for the coronavirus and league is postponing their next three games, sources tell ESPN. Charlotte is undergoing contact tracing and will have next two games postponed.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2021, 11:57:01 AM »

Offline gift

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 291
Seems like the league is doing ok with all this. Postponed games don't hurt as much when fans aren't buying tickets anyway and the league doesn't seem to be a hotbed of viral spread more than other segments of society. With numbers decreasing, vaccinations increasing and springtime coming, we may have seen the worst already.

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2021, 01:43:06 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • What a Pub Should Be
Knicks policy for letting fans back.

Stefan Bondy
@SBondyNYDN
·
3m
Knicks announce they’re selling tickets now for between $50 and $380.

You need proof of a negative CoViD test to get in. Test has to be within 72 hours of the game.

« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2021, 02:21:36 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • What a Pub Should Be
That's less than ideal.

Tim Bontemps
@TimBontemps
The Raptors say six members of the coaching staff, including head coach Nick Nurse, will not be on the bench for tonight's game against the Rockets.

Tim Bontemps
@TimBontemps
·
17m
I should've been clear: they will not be on the bench due to the NBA's Health and Safety Protocols.

« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2021, 02:31:38 PM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 979
That's less than ideal.

Tim Bontemps
@TimBontemps
The Raptors say six members of the coaching staff, including head coach Nick Nurse, will not be on the bench for tonight's game against the Rockets.

Tim Bontemps
@TimBontemps
·
17m
I should've been clear: they will not be on the bench due to the NBA's Health and Safety Protocols.

If Nurse has tested positive they need to quarantine any official that's seen the Raptors in the last week.