Author Topic: Kyrie Says He is a Better Leader Now  (Read 2669 times)

Re: Kyrie Says He is a Better Leader Now
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2021, 02:28:52 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
Kyrie is leading from the middle. He's the 3rd best player on a team with two leaders. He's like the sled dog in the middle of the pack getting pulled along screaming follow me! Funny....

Haha he is funny..the team did not miss him at all. He is a better follower now.

« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2021, 03:28:22 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3177
What Kyrie did in that Bucks series was just totally quit on the team. I'll never forget that. Total tantrum/meltdown in that series.

« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2021, 04:24:56 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1435
Kyrie says a lot of things and they are usually false...
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2021, 04:33:19 PM »

Online Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 870
Kyrie is leading from the middle. He's the 3rd best player on a team with two leaders. He's like the sled dog in the middle of the pack getting pulled along screaming follow me! Funny....

This is exactly what I thought (you beat me to it).  Kyrie is a great leader now that he doesn't have to lead.  Harden and Durant seem fine with letting him think he is leading but it is clear who the leaders of that team are.

I actually never thought that Harden and Kyrie would fit.  I hand it to Harden for how well he has handled coming into the situation.  Assists are up, shots and talk are down.  Just what the Nets need from Harden.

« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2021, 05:22:43 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2954
  • On To Banner 18!
Laughable. Are we really going to forget this dude just took like two weeks off because he was feeling a bit "frustrated" with things. Are you kidding me.

If you ask me, I think Harden is proving more right now with BKN than Kyrie. Kyrie's just along for the ride behind KD and Harden.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2021, 06:41:09 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
"Now that I'm back in my natural position as the #2/#3, I'm a better leader now"
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2021, 06:19:09 PM »

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 94
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/022521-nets-sound-041504414.html

What would a day be without imagining what could have been if Danny’s dream to assemble a super team would have come to fruition.

So let me get this straight, the Nets are on a tear so of course Kyrie’s leadership is behind it. Nothing to do with Harden joining them. The young players seem to love him on that team though despite his vanishing from the team act. Last I checked leaders don’t  bail on their teammates.

We're on the outside looking in and seems like his teammates supported him while he was away from the team. They know a lot more about him that we do, so who are we to say that support is undeserved?

For whatever reason, players love Kyrie. He probably does all sorts of small things behind the scenes and really shows them all how much he cares. We made a huge mistake not keeping him happy in Boston...

« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2021, 06:28:00 PM »

Online moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
Didn't he sit out last night's game with a "tired" shoulder?  That's what I was told he claimed.  I've heard of tired legs at the end of season or game but never a tired shoulder. 

I haven't seen anyone here mention how he has made it his mission to get rid of Jerry West as the logo and get him replaced by a "Black King who built the league."  He wants Kobe to be the logo although Kobe didn't build the league as much as Magic or Michael.  I find it disrespectful to West.  Basically Irving says to get rid of West because he's not black.

« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2021, 06:43:27 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Didn't he sit out last night's game with a "tired" shoulder?  That's what I was told he claimed.  I've heard of tired legs at the end of season or game but never a tired shoulder. 

I haven't seen anyone here mention how he has made it his mission to get rid of Jerry West as the logo and get him replaced by a "Black King who built the league."  He wants Kobe to be the logo although Kobe didn't build the league as much as Magic or Michael.  I find it disrespectful to West.  Basically Irving says to get rid of West because he's not black.
Probably due to his dodgy shoulder and its routine injuries. That's what plagued him last year.

The Kobe thing is just silly. There are many more impactful black NBA players, both in terms of actual in-game impact as well as impacts in off-court fields, like civil rights. If Kobe hadn't died there would be absolutely none of this talk, as tragic as his passing was.
I think naming the All-Star game MVP award after him is a perfectly appropriate honour.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2021, 06:51:02 PM »

Online moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441

Probably due to his dodgy shoulder and its routine injuries. That's what plagued him last year.

The Kobe thing is just silly. There are many more impactful black NBA players, both in terms of actual in-game impact as well as impacts in off-court fields, like civil rights. If Kobe hadn't died there would be absolutely none of this talk, as tragic as his passing was.
I think naming the All-Star game MVP award after him is a perfectly appropriate honour.
Yeah I know about his shoulder history but it seems like he just makes things up to miss games.  I believe he missed one recently with a sore lower back.

Yep, the allstar game award would be a perfect gesture.