Author Topic: Celticsstrong 2021 Historical Draft - VOTES ARE IN  (Read 156848 times)

Re: Celticsstrong 2021 Historical Draft
« Reply #45 on: November 10, 2020, 09:24:49 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
After we hash out the date, should we do another poll to see whether it's gonna be no top 5 or no top 10?

No top 10. That way we dont vote sentimentally for Bird.
As someone who drafted Bird in a Historical Draft a couple of years ago and won, I definitely get it. I'm happy with either, but think no top 10 would make it especially intriguing.

So far 2-0 in favour of no top 10.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #46 on: November 10, 2020, 09:28:21 PM »

Offline RPGenerate

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 468
When Somebody gets a chance, I think both Celtics Fan Forever and GreenFaith both showed interest in joining the draft, which would bring our numbers up to 11.
2023 No Top 75 Fantasy Draft Los Angeles Clippers
PG: Dennis Johnson / Jo Jo White / Stephon Marbury
SG: Sidney Moncrief / World B. Free
SF: Chris Mullin / Ron Artest
PF: Detlef Schrempf / Tom Chambers / Buck Williams
C: Ben Wallace / Andrew Bynum

« Reply #47 on: November 10, 2020, 09:32:41 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
When Somebody gets a chance, I think both Celtics Fan Forever and GreenFaith both showed interest in joining the draft, which would bring our numbers up to 11.
I'll add CFF to the list - will send a PM to GreenFaith, was a bit unsure about GF's interest given he only asked a question about the player pool.

« Reply #48 on: November 10, 2020, 09:39:50 PM »

Offline RPGenerate

• Antoine Walker
I'll add CFF to the list - will send a PM to GreenFaith, was a bit unsure about GF's interest given he only asked a question about the player pool.
Ah okay, sounds good. Looking at the player pool, there are a ton of great point guards here. I was a bit surprised to see how some were drafted that low.

« Reply #49 on: November 10, 2020, 09:53:13 PM »

Offline RPGenerate

• Antoine Walker
So I was looking through the drafts, and I was wondering how we're gonna deal with the ABA dispersal draft in 1976 and the Hardship draft of 1971? Several HoF players were in those drafts.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2020, 10:04:55 PM by RPGenerate »

« Reply #50 on: November 10, 2020, 10:40:23 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
I'm capping this draft at 10 players - the top 10 restriction will be draconian for the players at the end of the first round as it is. You're going to get some really weird teams with Paul Pierce as their centrepiece if you have 12-15 participants lol.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #51 on: November 10, 2020, 11:03:10 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
So I was looking through the drafts, and I was wondering how we're gonna deal with the ABA dispersal draft in 1976 and the Hardship draft of 1971? Several HoF players were in those drafts.
Very good question. For the Hardship Draft, I would say let them be in the pool. There's only one guy in that draft people would pick.

For the ABA dispersal draft I would say that Gilmore, Lucas, Boone, Malone, Denton, Averitt, Jones, Dampier, van Breda Kolff and Barr would be eligible, but Marvin Barnes would be ineligible.

I'm capping this draft at 10 players - the top 10 restriction will be draconian for the players at the end of the first round as it is. You're going to get some really weird teams with Paul Pierce as their centrepiece if you have 12-15 participants lol.
Very fair, I think we've got 10 as it sits now.

« Reply #52 on: November 10, 2020, 11:23:56 PM »

Offline RPGenerate

• Antoine Walker
So I did more research into those unique drafts, and it seems like most of those guys were either already drafted previously or would be drafted again normally, so it shouldn't be a problem. The only exception seems to be Malone. I'm glad we're letting him be in the player pool, since it may ease the fear that there isn't enough good centers in the player pool.

« Reply #53 on: November 10, 2020, 11:29:38 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Whatever early Dec. start date is good by me, it's just I will be unable to do anything after the 20th or so. Christmas week and all.

So no top ten picks is good by me.

I say let all the ABA guys be eligible, you just can only use NBA years to choose from when designating year being used.

« Reply #54 on: November 10, 2020, 11:32:57 PM »

Offline RPGenerate

• Antoine Walker
The 10 players cap is fine by me, but should we still look around for an extra participant or 2 as a possible substitute, in case someone is unable to play?

« Reply #55 on: November 11, 2020, 12:31:50 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
All ABA players being eligible with only NBA play being used sounds good, as does no top 10 picks. Thins out the pool a bit but I kinda like it. Makes it more exciting.

I can chip in with helping out some commissioner duties, like processing trades that don't involve my team, doing a mock draft lottery, and things like that. I'd like to get a draft order and dates settled a bit before the draft actually commences in order to allow for pre-draft trades and whatnot.

I assume nobody has any objections?

« Reply #56 on: November 11, 2020, 12:40:58 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
All ABA players being eligible with only NBA play being used sounds good, as does no top 10 picks. Thins out the pool a bit but I kinda like it. Makes it more exciting.

I can chip in with helping out some commissioner duties, like processing trades that don't involve my team, doing a mock draft lottery, and things like that. I'd like to get a draft order and dates settled a bit before the draft actually commences in order to allow for pre-draft trades and whatnot.

None from me :laugh:
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #57 on: November 11, 2020, 12:44:31 AM »

Offline RPGenerate

• Antoine Walker

Sounds good to me. I think this draft will force people to be a lot more creative than the previous drafts. I'm breaking the excel sheets out for this one!

« Reply #58 on: November 11, 2020, 12:54:50 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald

Sounds good to me. I think this draft will force people to be a lot more creative than the previous drafts. I'm breaking the excel sheets out for this one!
I'm actually really warming up to the idea of drafting based on fit after getting an MVP calibre player in the first round - don't think we're going to get a superteam this time around.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #59 on: November 11, 2020, 03:29:07 AM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737
Two clarifying questions on my part:

Paul Pierce got drafted at #10. Can we select #10s? I was under the impression that #10s are off the table.

All ABA players are available regardless of whether they were drafted in the top 10 of an NBA draft?

I'm already fired up for this! The sooner we announce the draft order the better. 8)