Author Topic: 2019 Historical Draft Thread(TIME TO REVEAL THE WINNER!!!)  (Read 191518 times)

Re: 2019 Historical Draft Thread
« Reply #60 on: August 22, 2019, 11:19:41 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
TRADE:

Spurs send 2(4) and 3(9)
Lakers send 1(11) and 5(11)
Hope it's a win win for both sides! Los Angeles is not very concerned with the drop off from #11 to #16 as they also have #14 in the second round, and upgrading from #59 to #33 will be immensely helpful to their quest for a metric crushing squad.

Great trade for LA as much as it pains me to say that

It a good trade for LA, Its a great trade for the Spurs. lol

I agree.  SA getting two top 11 players is a great way to build a team.  I've seen awesome teams in these games the way LA is doing it with a deep team w/ no first round pick though (I believe nickagneta built one I particularly liked a long time ago).  Both teams have solid foundations to build on and will depend on how they put it all together.
Top 11 is rather subjective, you're assuming that the picks will be used on the best player available for the team the GM is building lol.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #61 on: August 22, 2019, 11:21:39 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
TRADE:

Spurs send 2(4) and 3(9)
Hope it's a win win for both sides! Los Angeles is not very concerned with the drop off from #11 to #16 as they also have #14 in the second round, and upgrading from #59 to #33 will be immensely helpful to their quest for a metric crushing squad.

I agree.  SA getting two top 11 players is a great way to build a team.  I've seen awesome teams in these games the way LA is doing it with a deep team w/ no first round pick though (I believe nickagneta built one I particularly liked a long time ago).  Both teams have solid foundations to build on and will depend on how they put it all together.
The more Somebody talks about his perhaps unorthodox draft board makes me particularly interested in seeing how it goes down too. Like it for all involved
I'm very interested in seeing how the first round goes lol, if it goes well I'll be in a great position to nab two impact guys. And I hope my draft board continues to pique your interest once the first couple of rounds are over!
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #62 on: August 22, 2019, 11:25:45 AM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609
Not that this is a standard which others have to abide by, but just giving people a heads up on how I'll be evaluating teams.

-I will put strong weight into the season performance stated by the GM, but I'm sure overall player performance will inevitably eek its way into my thoughts.
-If a player chokes/struggles in playoffs the season selected, they might do the same in playoffs in this game.
-If Adam locked down Bob in the 1925 playoffs, then 1925 Adam would probably (although not necessarily) play good defense on Bob in 1924-1926 seasons of Player Y, maybe even 1 more year beyond that subjectively.  That would be over-ruled if Bob made some leap in the 1926 season he was selected for or if Bob had not against Adam in 1924 or 1926.  Similar for offensive domination.   
-If a player accepted a bench role at some point his career as a high level player (opposed to last seasons in career, subjectively), I would presume he would accept that role in this game well.   Similarly, if evidence shows Player X was not a good team player (team improved after he left, joined a great team and it didn't do well), then that will be a consideration.  It will not be a ruining effect (esp since all team chemistries are unique), but won't be ignored either.
-I retain all rights to not follow those at all, but it is honestly what I plan right now.
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #63 on: August 22, 2019, 11:29:18 AM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
TRADE:

Spurs send 2(4) and 3(9)

Top 11 is rather subjective, you're assuming that the picks will be used on the best player available for the team the GM is building lol.

Quote from: www.thechessworld.com
1.  Always expect your opponent to make the best move

This is one of the most important chess principles. Many amateur players make a big mistake by “assuming” or “hoping” that their opponent will miss the best response. It may be the case sometimes and the opponent may blunder, but counting on that in your games is not a good idea.

You should always assume that the opponent will make the best, most unpleasant move. Then you need to come up with a plan of how to deal with it. That is the only winning attitude.

How I try to operate...  But I also have never won one of these games. :-X

Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #64 on: August 22, 2019, 11:47:02 AM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 144
I think pick 11 is the perfect spot to draft scalabrine

« Reply #65 on: August 22, 2019, 11:58:05 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
what round do you think he would go in if this thing went on forever?
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #66 on: August 22, 2019, 12:00:48 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
2000 or so?

« Reply #67 on: August 22, 2019, 12:17:26 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
TRADE:

Spurs send 2(4) and 3(9)

Quote from: www.thechessworld.com
1.  Always expect your opponent to make the best move

This is one of the most important chess principles. Many amateur players make a big mistake by “assuming” or “hoping” that their opponent will miss the best response. It may be the case sometimes and the opponent may blunder, but counting on that in your games is not a good idea.

You should always assume that the opponent will make the best, most unpleasant move. Then you need to come up with a plan of how to deal with it. That is the only winning attitude.

How I try to operate...  But I also have never won one of these games. :-X
Oh that's certainly how chess works. But this is basketball, there are numerous ways to skin the same cat.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #68 on: August 22, 2019, 12:19:52 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
Not that this is a standard which others have to abide by, but just giving people a heads up on how I'll be evaluating teams.

-I will put strong weight into the season performance stated by the GM, but I'm sure overall player performance will inevitably eek its way into my thoughts.
-If a player chokes/struggles in playoffs the season selected, they might do the same in playoffs in this game.
-If Adam locked down Bob in the 1925 playoffs, then 1925 Adam would probably (although not necessarily) play good defense on Bob in 1924-1926 seasons of Player Y, maybe even 1 more year beyond that subjectively.  That would be over-ruled if Bob made some leap in the 1926 season he was selected for or if Bob had not against Adam in 1924 or 1926.  Similar for offensive domination.   
-If a player accepted a bench role at some point his career as a high level player (opposed to last seasons in career, subjectively), I would presume he would accept that role in this game well.   Similarly, if evidence shows Player X was not a good team player (team improved after he left, joined a great team and it didn't do well), then that will be a consideration.  It will not be a ruining effect (esp since all team chemistries are unique), but won't be ignored either.
-I retain all rights to not follow those at all, but it is honestly what I plan right now.
Good standard. I'll be looking forward to convincing you with my team lol.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #69 on: August 22, 2019, 12:23:06 PM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
2000 or so?

he has got to be a top 2,000 player all time, so based on that, round 200?

« Reply #70 on: August 22, 2019, 12:31:19 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
The 2019 Historical Draft is now open and teams may start making their picks.

Have fun people!!!

« Reply #71 on: August 22, 2019, 12:36:24 PM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
The 2019 Historical Draft is now open and teams may start making their picks.

Have fun people!!!

cheers!!!

Re: 2019 Historical Draft Thread(Draft is open and underway)
« Reply #72 on: August 22, 2019, 12:41:54 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Man!

I'm very tempted to do some wheeling and dealing here, but if the past CB Drafts have taught me, is that anytime I do trades, I end up screwing it.

This is probably going to be the first in my CB Draft gameplay that I'm doing it straight up. This is going to be fun, as long as you don't pick my guys.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #73 on: August 22, 2019, 12:43:22 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
Man!

I'm very tempted to do some wheeling and dealing here, but if the past CB Drafts have taught me, is that anytime I do trades, I end up screwing it.

This is probably going to be the first in my CB Draft gameplay that I'm doing it straight up. This is going to be fun, as long as you don't pick my guys.
Don't pick mine and I'll do the same.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #74 on: August 22, 2019, 12:43:46 PM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
With pick 1(1) of the 2019 CS Historical Draft... the Utah Jazz select…

Duh….

Michael Jordan