Author Topic: Knicks (5-4) at Celtics (7-2) Game #10 11/13/23  (Read 11597 times)

Re: Knicks (5-4) at Celtics (7-2) Game #10 11/13/23
« Reply #345 on: November 13, 2023, 10:14:37 PM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2487
If Brown can give 6 plus assists and 3 or less turnovers like tonight, he will fit a lot better in his current role on the team. I just don't think he can consistently do that, which is the problem.

He can do it. He just needs to realize that getting teammates involved is more important than grinding out super-difficult buckets.

« Reply #346 on: November 13, 2023, 10:15:23 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 540
Peter Vescey, who I always enjoy as an X/Twitter follow, just said not a single Knick could start for Boston.

« Reply #347 on: November 13, 2023, 10:31:42 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969

« Reply #348 on: November 13, 2023, 10:33:04 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Ended the game shooting 44% from 3.  Hard to beat.

Lol….Joe knew they would  ???

« Reply #349 on: November 13, 2023, 10:56:33 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1440
Ended the game shooting 44% from 3.  Hard to beat.

Lol….Joe knew they would  ???

No he didn’t. Fire Joe!!!   ;D
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #350 on: November 14, 2023, 04:17:03 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 415
Peter Vescey, who I always enjoy as an X/Twitter follow, just said not a single Knick could start for Boston.
ouch
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #351 on: November 14, 2023, 05:19:04 AM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2528
If Brown can give 6 plus assists and 3 or less turnovers like tonight, he will fit a lot better in his current role on the team. I just don't think he can consistently do that, which is the problem.

He can do it. He just needs tothat getting teammates involved is more important than grinding out super-difficult buckets.

Jaylen averages 23 points on 52/38/70 shooting with 5 boards 3 assists and 2.4 turnovers.  To most eyes I’d say those are all-star worthy numbers.  But he does have sloppy games once a while and sloppy quarters occasionally. Still, he’s undoubtedly a guy most teams would love to have.  But here on CS every turnover is magnified. 

He’s adjusting to 2 new significant offensive contributors AND a teammate in JT who has leaped from star to legit MVP candidate.  The gap between JT and JB is wider than it’s ever been because JT has simply emerged as a no doubt top 5 player, not because JB is suddenly worse. 

JB (I think) is finding his way with a 20ppg big in the starting 5 and 2 all-around quality players to round out the starting 5. All have offensive skills, all can shoot the three, and Jaylen just needs to find his best ways to contribute. So far, he’s done that for this 8-2 team. I think he’s a terrific player and I’m glad he’s here.

« Reply #352 on: November 14, 2023, 05:29:41 AM »

Offline Kernewek

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 264
  • International Superstar

He can do it. He just needs tothat getting teammates involved is more important than grinding out super-difficult buckets.

Jaylen averages 23 points on 52/38/70 shooting with 5 boards 3 assists and 2.4 turnovers.  To most eyes I’d say those are all-star worthy numbers.  But he does have sloppy games once a while and sloppy quarters occasionally. Still, he’s undoubtedly a guy most teams would love to have.  But here on CS every turnover is magnified. 

He’s adjusting to 2 new significant offensive contributors AND a teammate in JT who has leaped from star to legit MVP candidate.  The gap between JT and JB is wider than it’s ever been because JT has simply emerged as a no doubt top 5 player, not because JB is suddenly worse. 

JB (I think) is finding his way with a 20ppg big in the starting 5 and 2 all-around quality players to round out the starting 5. All have offensive skills, all can shoot the three, and Jaylen just needs to find his best ways to contribute. So far, he’s done that for this 8-2 team. I think he’s a terrific player and I’m glad he’s here.

I agree - but I'm also going to say that I don't think anyone would be upset if the Jays suddenly started passing at a level comparable to their scoring.

But hey, that's what 'leaps' are for. Very few players peak at 26.
Man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much—the wheel, New York, wars and so on—whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time.

But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man—for precisely the same reasons.

« Reply #353 on: November 14, 2023, 06:41:32 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549

the 2.4 turnovers isn't necessarily a problem for a guy with his usage, it is the 3 assists that is the problem.  He isn't much better than a 1 to 1 assist to turnover ratio in his career.  He has to be better at that especially since he isn't an elite shooter (very good, not elite) or ball handler.  Secondary players need to have better secondary skills.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #354 on: November 14, 2023, 08:09:40 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
ouch

Hmm...

KP
Tatum
Brown
White
Jrue

Would we disrupt the rhythm and chemistry of that starting lineup to use Randle or Brunson?

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #355 on: November 14, 2023, 09:00:35 AM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1561
JAY TEE FOR THREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE AGAIN!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Woooooooooooooo

TP
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #356 on: November 14, 2023, 09:19:50 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be
ouch

Hmm...

KP
Tatum
Brown
White
Jrue

Would we disrupt the rhythm and chemistry of that starting lineup to use Randle or Brunson?

Yes.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team