Author Topic: Pacers (2-1) at Celtics (3-0) Game #4 11/1/23  (Read 12635 times)

Re: Pacers (2-1) at Celtics (3-0) Game #4 11/1/23
« Reply #300 on: November 01, 2023, 10:12:39 PM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1676
Most importantly, I hope this game sets Hauser and Pritchard right again. We need their production for the bench, and how they've been playing before this game certainly wasn't good enough.

On the topic of small samples - Hauser actually briefly had his three-point shooting back up to 40% already, before he shorted his last attempt on tired legs.  I feel like that's a good reminder how the perception of a bench shooter can shift drastically based on the results of only a handful of shots.

My stance throughout the slump has been that we'll be fine with Hauser this season.  We need him to hit threes and defend.  He can do that. 

As for Pritchard, he was absolutely miserable running the offense against Washington and was a gem doing it tonight against Indiana.  I have no idea what to make of that.  Such a wild fluctuation. 

« Reply #301 on: November 01, 2023, 10:14:45 PM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1676
Missed the game tonight, but coming here so I can catch up on what Joe did wrong.

He did okay I guess.  A real coach would have had us put up 156 tbh.

On a serious note, you can already tell the benefits of Cassell. Tatum is so much better finishing at the basket and on post-ups thus far.

Definitely.  It feels like Tatum has finally realized how imposing he is physically.  Dude is huge with great footwork.  He should be unstoppable in the post, and I think he knows that now.

« Reply #302 on: November 02, 2023, 02:35:18 PM »

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 629
  • Mark Blount often got smoked
Garbage time minutes don't develop players or test combos that we need ready.

Aside from the fact that I disagree completely, why are you looking for things to gripe about in a near-50-point game?  Enjoy this, man.

Because I have seen us be great in the regular season and then not quite have enough to win a title. That's why.
I'm thinking about down the road into the playoffs, not meaningless blowouts of bad teams.

If you can’t be happy about a 50 point win where we score the most points since 1959 and the bench extends that lead, maybe you should just sit out the games until the playoffs?
2023 Non-Active / Non-NBA75 Fantasy Draft, ChiBulls:

PG: Deron Williams 07-08 / M.R. Richardson 80-81 / J. Wall 16-17
SG: David Thompson 77-78 / Hersey Hawkins 96-97
SF: Tracy McGrady 02-03 / Tayshaun Prince 06-07
PF: Larry Nance Sr 91-92 / Blake Griffin 13-14
C: Bob Lanier 76-77 / Brad Daugherty 92-93 / M. Camby 06-07

« Reply #303 on: November 02, 2023, 05:51:11 PM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 732
Garbage time minutes don't develop players or test combos that we need ready.

Aside from the fact that I disagree completely, why are you looking for things to gripe about in a near-50-point game?  Enjoy this, man.

Because I have seen us be great in the regular season and then not quite have enough to win a title. That's why.
I'm thinking about down the road into the playoffs, not meaningless blowouts of bad teams.

If you can’t be happy about a 50 point win where we score the most points since 1959 and the bench extends that lead, maybe you should just sit out the games until the playoffs?

Have you been named the CS Czar recently ?

You don't like my thoughts, don't read them. And don't try to tell me what to say and when to say it.
In the meantime, go soak your head in a barrel of pickle brine, you'll feel better.
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce