Author Topic: About that Brad Miller's blow on Rondo  (Read 6490 times)

Re: About that Brad Miller's blow on Rondo
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2009, 02:11:22 PM »

Offline bucknersrevenge

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 170
I've got no problem with plays like that; I think the officials should give a flagrant and move on.  I just wish I had faith that if Perk did the same thing to Rose, there wouldn't be a suspension and/or ejection.

I didn't have a problem with the play either. Everyone should've known it was coming including Tommy who clearly lost his mind on that play. Then again Tommy loses his mind on a lot of plays. I'm just glad it happened early in the game. I notice how Rondo got right back up and didn't make a big deal of it. Neither did Miller. He gave the shot and that was it. We move on to basketball. Doc even said as much in his postgame that he was even glad Miller took the shot cuz it may have woke his team up some. Doc also said he'd love Brad Miller on his team and so would I.
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity...

« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2009, 02:36:28 PM »

Offline scoop

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 74
I've got no problem with plays like that; I think the officials should give a flagrant and move on.  I just wish I had faith that if Perk did the same thing to Rose, there wouldn't be a suspension and/or ejection.

I didn't have a problem with the play either. Everyone should've known it was coming including Tommy who clearly lost his mind on that play. Then again Tommy loses his mind on a lot of plays. I'm just glad it happened early in the game. I notice how Rondo got right back up and didn't make a big deal of it. Neither did Miller. He gave the shot and that was it. We move on to basketball. Doc even said as much in his postgame that he was even glad Miller took the shot cuz it may have woke his team up some. Doc also said he'd love Brad Miller on his team and so would I.

+1

(except that even though I appreciate his toughness I wouldn't have much use to the current Brad Miller)

« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2009, 03:12:30 PM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
Rondo's starting to step up as a leader on this team, every game i watch him play makes me feel more comfortable about the Celtic's future.

« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2009, 06:24:36 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
To quote Nick it's, "The pussification of the NBA".  Tommy was outraged that C's let that happen to their little guy (of course Tommy gets outraged by lots of stuff).  The ramifications of retaliating on this day and age just don't make it worth the show of bravado.

I think it's pretty crappy the way our team just lets other people unload on Rondo. Every time we play the Magic Dwight Howard (coward that he is) leans in to picks on Rondo to try and increase the pain. Either DH should end up in the 2nd row or their pg should get drilled once or twice.
I don't know what games you watch, Perkins regularly takes shots at opposing PGs whenever their team does something to Rondo.

Or even when they go at Rondo hard, he absolutely blew Deron up in the game last year after he kept shoving Rondo with his off arm.

What happened last night after Miller took out Rondo? What happened in the Orlando game after Howard flattened him?

In the Orlando game he blew up the Magic PGs a few times those games.

I didn't watch last nights game, so I can't say. But Perkins definitely will punish on screens if Rondo is getting beat up.

« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2009, 11:11:11 AM »

Offline SamuelAdams

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 51
I felt like retaliation at that time may have helped motivate the Bulls. Letting it lay there like it was nothing perhaps took a little air out of them. Don't get me wrong, I am old school and was yelling, "You are right Tommy!"  But you could see Miller wanting to stir it up. Ignore him and he comes out looking like the ass, oh and hopefully a nice NBA fine.   

The biggest retaliation was the drubbing they took in the score.  :)

« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2009, 11:31:09 AM »

Offline Amonkey

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
Anybody has a video of the blow?  And by blow I mean the Miller blow... please, don't post anything else.  Haha!
Baby Jesus!

« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2009, 11:41:01 AM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
Honestly, I am a Brad Miller fan.  I think he is a throwback player.  Yeah, a little of this was payback I am sure, but I think Miller would have given that foul, even if Rondo hadn't fouled him last year.  It is just the kind of player he is.  If a guy goes to the hoop hard on him, he is going to make sure that he does not score. 

Yeah, perhaps it's dirty...but I want Perk to do the same thing.  That is part of the game...or at least it always was. 

Miller is the classic "hate him on another team, love him on your team" type of player, because he does the dirty work.

And with all that said,  I hope Baby or Shelden decks him the next time they play.

« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2009, 12:14:04 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Anybody has a video of the blow?  And by blow I mean the Miller blow... please, don't post anything else.  Haha!

Youtube does.

http://www.youtube.com/v/COb3biadgrQ&hl=en_US
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2009, 12:35:02 PM »

Offline blake

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 108
I have been wondering all year if Scalabrine could be useful to our team.  I finally found my answer with this thread.  It's time for Heinrich to feel some pain from a ginger.

« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2009, 01:00:51 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Honestly, I am a Brad Miller fan.  I think he is a throwback player.
I have no problem with the foul, but I am not sure flopping and whining are throwback qualities.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2009, 01:26:36 PM »

Offline RAcker

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 69
  • Law mercy!
I agree.  Honestly, if I was Brad Miller I would have done the same thing.  However, I'm with Roy Hobbs in that I have no confidence in thinking that Perk would get away with a clothesline on Rose.

« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2009, 01:27:38 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
I have no problem with the foul, but I am not sure flopping and whining are throwback qualities.

I have a problem with the foul. It was clearly premeditated, which is fine. But if you know you're going to foul someone the next time they come into the lane they shouldn't land back-first. The play happened like 8 months ago, so it's not like it was het of the moment.

« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2009, 01:41:29 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
 I have a problem with the foul. It was clearly premeditated, which is fine. But if you know you're going to foul someone the next time they come into the lane they shouldn't land back-first. The play happened like 8 months ago, so it's not like it was het of the moment.

How should they land?  I'm partial to smacking someone so they land face-first.

Does Brad Miller have kids?  If so, I say that, as retribution, the Celtics give Miller's kid a courtside seat and instruct Big Baby to mow him (or her) down.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #28 on: December 14, 2009, 01:45:46 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson

While I am sure it crossed Miller's mind before the game that he wanted to hit Rondo hard if he took it to the hoop, I don't think he was thinking in the moment whether he would end up on his back or not. 

« Reply #29 on: December 14, 2009, 01:47:24 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
I agree.  Honestly, if I was Brad Miller I would have done the same thing.  However, I'm with Roy Hobbs in that I have no confidence in thinking that Perk would get away with a clothesline on Rose.

I agree with this.  And it is infuriating, because Miller has been just as much of a thug as Perk has been, throughout his career.  Maybe he just doesn't complain quite as much as Perk?  But I think they are both on similar levels as far as "enforcers".