Author Topic: Gerald Green - worth bringing back as backup shooter to Pierce  (Read 8213 times)

Re: Gerald Green - worth bringing back as backup shooter to Pierce
« Reply #30 on: June 17, 2008, 06:49:05 PM »

Offline bbc3341

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 23
You can bet Ainge is focused on the draft, you didn't see him on TV after the beat the Pistons, he's been traveling and scouting as well. They'll be prepared...
Now, on to 18...

« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2008, 06:58:17 PM »

Offline Zoots

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 14
Man, could you imagine Garnett screaming at Gerald for missing a defensive rotation?  GG would probably break down in tears.......

GG would go into the fetal position.  He might never come out.

Seriously, he's fun to watch dunk, but he's the anti-Posey in terms of being a competitor, and playing D, and the intangibles. 

« Reply #32 on: June 17, 2008, 07:35:53 PM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
Chuckle.

Good stuff.

One of my goals in winning a title is that the possibility of Green in Green never, ever be raised by the Celtics fan base again. Gerald is a footnote in Celtics' ineptitude, like Acie Earl and Zan Tabak - to be consigned to the back of the history books, never to be heard from again.

No more brain-dead basketball players.

Please?
« Last Edit: June 17, 2008, 07:41:02 PM by CoachBo »
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #33 on: June 17, 2008, 07:57:22 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Chuckle.

Good stuff.

One of my goals in winning a title is that the possibility of Green in Green never, ever be raised by the Celtics fan base again. Gerald is a footnote in Celtics' ineptitude, like Acie Earl and Zan Tabak - to be consigned to the back of the history books, never to be heard from again.

No more brain-dead basketball players.

Please?
Ah ah ah! Don't forget Jerome Moiso!!

« Reply #34 on: June 17, 2008, 08:12:13 PM »

Offline jackson_34

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 166
I'd like to see what Tom Thib could do with him... but no. He's not worth having on a team that isn't rebuilding. Save the roster spot for a grizzly vet.
Thibodeau is not a skills coach. He install the defensive system, but if you don't have the commitment or the skills to play within it, he can't help you. And Gerald has neither. I'd much rather have Kedrick Brown from the minors at this point rather than Gerald. Yes, he's that bad.

Even so, It would be an interesting experiment to see how Gerald would react to the discipline of TT's defensive scheme (what I was actually trying to imply in my first post). Not that I would endorse a move like this anyway when there is an abundance of better options.

Also, I wanna say just for the record, I think Gerald has the skills as a player, he just lacks a great deal of fundamental basketball IQ.