Author Topic: Faith Rewarded (for ages 20-30)  (Read 8394 times)

Faith Rewarded (for ages 20-30)
« on: June 17, 2008, 10:17:23 AM »

Offline DinoRadjaLives

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 24
Just a note for us guys between the ages of 20-30. We might remember bits and pieces of the '86 season but we can't say we lived it like we have this season. Just wanted to wish you guys good luck tonight. Banner 17 is for us true Celtics faithful, those that heard stories from our Dad's and Uncle's, that saw a crippled Larry Joe towards the end of his career, that suffered the loss of Reggie Lewis, that put up with the antics of Rick Pitino, that cursed the ping pong balls that robbed us of Tim Duncan, that questioned the shot selection of Antoine, that saw the likes of Alaa Abdelnaby, Marty Conlin, Greg Minor,Acie Earl, Travis Knight, Pervis Ellison, JR Bremer, Vin Baker, Blue Edwards, Thomas Hamilton, Joe Forte, and the much hated Mark Blount wear the sacred green uniform. This is for us that always had to defend the C's to your buddies when they were terrible and you still rushed home to catch the game, that rocked your Starter Celtics jacket with pride, this is for us guys, the true faithful.

Go C's !!!!

"The Boston Celtics are not a basketball team, they are a way of life" - Red Auerbach

Re: Faith Rewarded (for ages 20-30)
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2008, 10:21:48 AM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"
i've never lost faith in this team. even though we've sucked for the past two decades i've always clung on to larry bird and bill russell and our 16 banners. hopefully, it will be 17.

tp to you, even if you are a real madrid fan! ;D

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2008, 10:22:03 AM »

Online libermaniac

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 376
Great post, but I can tell you, as a 40 year old, I don't want it any less than you guys!  Go C's!

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2008, 10:23:26 AM »

Offline 17...18...19!

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 5
Amen!

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2008, 10:29:15 AM »

Offline BuckeyeCelt

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 41
THAT'S ME!!!!

26 years old...I have been mocked by everyone here in the great state of OHIO for the majority of my life...

Never more than last year with the Lebrons making it to the finals, while I had to endure comments like:

"You're living in the Past"
"Bird is a Dinosaur"
"What have the Celtics Done Lately"

Oh what a difference a year makes, and how sweet it is.

I want this with everything I am.

Bring Green 17 home, and let me gloat to all the Lebron frontrunner's about what a "team" can truly be!!!

C's in 6 baby!!!!!!

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2008, 10:31:13 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
25 here, want this one so bad it hurts.

I wan't it for pierce. paul brought me into the celtics franchise, and he deserves this championship. He's gone through so much, and ment everything to us fans who didn't get to watch those great teams of the past in person.

Come on Guys, win it tonight, win it for yourselves, and win it for the captain.

GO CELTICS
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2008, 10:37:36 AM »

Offline ram

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 32
As a 51 year old, who had 16 championships in my first 29 years on earth, who, after 1991, said this is the longest I've had to wait for another ring, I want this worse than anyone.

I can't believe my Celtics, the team I could always count on, have left me waiting for 22 years.

Geesh, get it done and get it done tonight.

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2008, 10:43:15 AM »

Offline ma11l

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 233
  • Let's Go Celtics
I was born in August 1986, months after their last title.  My friends make fun of me saying that I am the curse of the Celtics.  I've been waiting for this for almost literally my whole life that I can remember. 

I also agree that Paul has been the Celtic of our generation.  To see him win a title would truly be faith rewarded for all of us, and for him for staying with us and playing hard through the difficult times.

Let's do it tonight boys!
"Take this down," said O'Neal. "My name is Shaquille O'Neal and Paul Pierce is the (expletive) truth. Quote me on that and don't take nothing out. I knew he could play, but I didn't know he could play like this. Paul Pierce is the truth."

« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2008, 10:47:16 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
Thanks for making me feel old!

I'm still clinging on to my 30's for dear life here. :D

BRING IT HOME C's!
Yup

« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2008, 11:02:41 AM »

Offline DinoRadjaLives

• Derrick White
25 here, want this one so bad it hurts.

I wan't it for pierce. paul brought me into the celtics franchise, and he deserves this championship. He's gone through so much, and ment everything to us fans who didn't get to watch those great teams of the past in person.

Come on Guys, win it tonight, win it for yourselves, and win it for the captain.

GO CELTICS

Great point about Paul being our Larry, Hondo, Russell. I want it for him bad man, KG was the catalyst but PP has always been "The Captain"
"The Boston Celtics are not a basketball team, they are a way of life" - Red Auerbach

« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2008, 11:04:57 AM »

Offline celticben

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 5
I am 31.  I starting watching the NBA before Dee Brown's rookie year, 90-91, the year of the Bulls first championship.  I was a Celtics fan from day 1.  This season has been a long time coming.  Bird's retirement, Reggie's Death, ML Carr, & Trader Rick took a toll on everyone.  I don't know how many times people asked me why I like the Celtics?  A proud championship tradition that has alluded the team for two decades. This is the first year we have been good, let alone a title contender since I have followed the team.  If we can finish off the Lakers tonight it will be one of the best moments of my life.  I have bleed green for more than half my years without the joy of ultimate victory.  Tonight, that will all change. GO CELTICS! Win #17 on the 17th!

« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2008, 11:05:50 AM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
Just a note for us guys between the ages of 20-30. We might remember bits and pieces of the '86 season but we can't say we lived it like we have this season. Just wanted to wish you guys good luck tonight. Banner 17 is for us true Celtics faithful, those that heard stories from our Dad's and Uncle's, that saw a crippled Larry Joe towards the end of his career, that suffered the loss of Reggie Lewis, that put up with the antics of Rick Pitino, that cursed the ping pong balls that robbed us of Tim Duncan, that questioned the shot selection of Antoine, that saw the likes of Alaa Abdelnaby, Marty Conlin, Greg Minor,Acie Earl, Travis Knight, Pervis Ellison, JR Bremer, Vin Baker, Blue Edwards, Thomas Hamilton, Joe Forte, and the much hated Mark Blount wear the sacred green uniform. This is for us that always had to defend the C's to your buddies when they were terrible and you still rushed home to catch the game, that rocked your Starter Celtics jacket with pride, this is for us guys, the true faithful.

Go C's !!!!

Amen! TP for you

« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2008, 11:32:20 AM »

Offline DinoRadjaLives

• Derrick White
As a 51 year old, who had 16 championships in my first 29 years on earth, who, after 1991, said this is the longest I've had to wait for another ring, I want this worse than anyone.

I can't believe my Celtics, the team I could always count on, have left me waiting for 22 years.

Geesh, get it done and get it done tonight.

Well My dad is 53 and we came to the US/Boston in 84, I think he feels the same way as you. This post is fopr us 20-30, but really for all Celtics fans.

« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2008, 11:37:37 AM »

Offline Jeff

• CelticsBlog CEO
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 301
  • ranter
thanks for the inspiration guys - I re-posted an old article on the front page dealing with this same issue

cheers!
Faith and Sports - an essay by Jeff Clark

"Know what I pray for? The strength to change what I can, the inability to accept what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference." - Calvin (Bill Watterson)

« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2008, 11:43:19 AM »

Offline bostonfan23

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 115
  • I just might be a basketball machine. -MS
18 years old now, found this great blog back in 2004. It has gotten me through the hard times - (see Vin Baker, Jiri Welsch, Mark Blount, etc.)and now it's surreal being one win away. Let's close this out.