Author Topic: Its time for the garden to sound like 'The Garden'  (Read 8352 times)

Its time for the garden to sound like 'The Garden'
« on: June 17, 2008, 01:52:28 AM »

Offline Mogreen17

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 53
I know the crowd is gonna be fired up just as it was for game 1 and 2, which essentially took the lakers completely out of their comfort zone. That was a  considerable factor as to why we won game 1 and 2.  If we do that for game 6, there no question that the lakers will fall apart right before our eyes, and you'll know when happens by when Kobe starts yelling and demoralizing his team.

I'm sick and tired of being the away team to be honest!! it feels like forever since we last wore white!!

Bring it baby! Bring home 17!!
« Last Edit: June 17, 2008, 04:46:58 PM by Mogreen17 »

Re: Its time for the Garden to sound like The Garden
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2008, 03:13:41 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
Exactly.

So to anyone going to the Garden:
Make sure you scream so loud you
won't be able to speak come Wednesday.
Scream like there is no tomorrow and
please remember how lucky you are to be
able to watch the Celtics go all 17 on
those Laker behinds.

GO CELTICS!

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2008, 11:26:49 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
*BUMP*
This was a bit early for all of you
Americans (north and south) so I just
wanted to make sure you saw this.
To those of you going to the Garden:
ENJOY!

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2008, 11:45:19 AM »

Offline ma11l

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 233
  • Let's Go Celtics
Man I wish I had the money to fork over to get a ticket for this game.  The place is going to be amazing.  I think it will top Games 1 and 2.  Those were the first Finals Games in 21 years in Boston, but this is even bigger.  This is a chance for the Celts to be the first team to clinch a championship in Boston since the 86 Celtics.

I get chills just thinking about the scene in that building tonight.  No matter what everyone will remember this game tonight, here's hoping those memories are sweet ones.
"Take this down," said O'Neal. "My name is Shaquille O'Neal and Paul Pierce is the (expletive) truth. Quote me on that and don't take nothing out. I knew he could play, but I didn't know he could play like this. Paul Pierce is the truth."

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2008, 11:57:35 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
I was going to start a similar thread earlier but got sidetracked.

Yes indeed, the crowd will make the difference tonight.  22 years of pent up disappointment and a years worth of watching this team respond to every challenge with dogged hustle will get the crowd whipped up into an absolute frenzy tonight.  This is it.  This is what this team has busted its tails for all year long (not to mention a record 25, going on 26 intense playoff battles). 

Winning in L.A. would have been nice, but tonight is a situation where this team is fully expected to a win on their home court and they have not failed us at that task throughout this marathon run.

The Celts totally feed off the crowd and vice/versa.  It's going to be ridiculously intense.

FINISH IT!
Yup

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2008, 12:41:55 PM »

Offline Section 87

• NCE
  • Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 56
I am off to the game, to represent Celtic Pride at the Garden, and to watch Paul Pierce finally hoist the trophy on Red Auerbach's parquet. This is the high point of my lifetime as a sports fan. A championship game, in a major professional sports league, featuring my favorite team in any sport, on my home turf, in the city of my birth. I have my holy relics; my fragment of the True Parquet, my Red memorial pin, my Parish shirt, my ticket stubs from the 1986 playoffs and playoff game A in 1993 (Lewis's last game), my Celtics pin from game 1 of the Atlanta series (representic the thrill ride that started with that game), and a few personal tokens of my years as a season ticket holder, sticking it out though the lean years, to be in this position.

I am as pumped as a sports fan can be. Everything is turning green.

Rise up, Celtic Nation, and look toward the promised land! The time of fulfillment is at hand! We, the Celtics fans, in homes, pubs, social clubs, and anywhere else, all over Boston, New England, and the world, and in the Garden tonight, will give this game to our team. With our unconditional support, as if this were the last game ever, the time is HERE! For the entire team tonight, and all Celtics players and fans, past, present, and future, and for Red, tonight will be a night for the ages. We will remember where we were tonight.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2008, 01:24:09 PM by Section 87 »

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2008, 12:50:24 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
I am off to the game, to represent Celtic Pride at the Garden, and to watch Paul Pierce finally hoist the trophy on Red Auerbach's parquet. This is the high point of my lifetime as a sports fan. A championship game, in a major professional sports league, featuring my favorite team in any sport, on my home turf, in the city of my birth. I have my holy relics; my fragment of the True Parquet, my Red memorial pin, my Parish shirt, my ticket stubs from the 1986 playoffs and playoff game A in 1993 (Lewis's last game), my Celtics pin from game 1 of the Atlanta series (representic the thrill ride that started with that game), and a few personal tokens of my years as a season ticket holder, sticking it out though the lean years, to be in this position.

I am as pumped as a sports fan can be. Everything is turning green.

Rise up, Celtic Nation, and look toward the promised land! The time of fullfilment is at hand! We, the Celtics fans, in homes, pubs, social clubs, and anywhere else, all over Boston, New England, and the world, and in the Garden tonight, will give this game to our team. With our unconditional support, as if this were the last game ever, the time is HERE! For the entire team tonight, and all Celtics players and fans, past, present, and future, and for Red, tonight will be a night for the ages. We will remember where we were tonight.

TP!  Have a great time.  Obviously we all hope your wishes come true!
Yup

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2008, 02:08:03 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be
I'll will be there, also in my usual perch..  I've been waiting to see a championship clinched in Boston for a long time.  I cannot wait for this.  Still deciding on which Celtics t-shirt to rock tonight.  Narrowed it down to a few. 

I can guarantee you that this place is going to be rockin' tonight.  It is going to be an insane sporting event. 

Just giddy...

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2008, 02:13:30 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 538
The boys are hurt and tired....a perfect opportunity for the Garden fans to put this team on its collective back and carry them to #17.

BTW, when the last time the C's won a title on their home floor -- 1984?

Tonight could be special.

« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2008, 02:15:32 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be
They won in Boston over Houston in the '86 Finals.  Last championship clinched on Boston soil.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2008, 02:17:41 PM »

Offline celticsfan34

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 32
The boys are hurt and tired....a perfect opportunity for the Garden fans to put this team on its collective back and carry them to #17.

BTW, when the last time the C's won a title on their home floor -- 1984?

Tonight could be special.

1986 against Houston

« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2008, 02:22:04 PM »

Offline payjo

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 3
I'll be there representing section 306. I expect a few bouts of dizziness from yelling until I see spots. This is a stand up wire to wire kind of game and I'm thankful for the oppurtunity to see the Green win 17.

« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2008, 02:23:12 PM »

Offline Hoops

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 5
I flew out to Boston from Portland, OR to see game 2 and it was the most amazing and intense experience I've ever had as a sports fan. Having had that experience, I can actually imagine what it will be like tonight. No doubt that it will be incredible.

« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2008, 02:27:20 PM »

Offline BrickJames

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 185
  • Master Mason
I am blessed enough to be attending this game tonight and will be bringin' the funk.
God bless and good night!

« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2008, 02:38:10 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
yea, remeber you have to make up a majority of those seats on the lower bowl that will be filled with people who go as a social event.

rock the rafters bleacher fans  ;D ;D
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion