Author Topic: would you bring back house , pj brown and offer posey something better??  (Read 30625 times)

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247
If Posey needs the max. Give him the max. He is our number one option off the bench at 3 positions.

If House stays for about the same, that would be awesome. Posey is priority 1 and 2. It should be an interesting off season. Who wants to come on board?  ;D

PJ will probably retire.

Offline satch

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 136
Hopefully we will lose half of big baby`and welcome a more muscled half back. Losing Sam is addition by subtraction. Winning a championship would be a nice way of saying bye to PJ. Doc has not been completely fair to House. I'm wondering if he wants to come back. TA is better than he's showing. He can't cope with not starting. I think it effects his game. All the young guys will be much improved next year. First things first. Let's put the Lakers to bed. Remind Kobie....no bed wetting.

Offline TerreHaute

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 38
I agree with the sentiment on here. We need to do what it takes to get Posey locked up. We are capped out for a few years anyhow, so why not add him to the mix for that time.

Re-signing House is a good idea. Last night showed we can make the necessary ball hanling adjustments when he is on the floor if we need to.

I think PJ will retire. I also believe that in a year's time, Powe and Davis will be able to provide what PJ now provides.

Cassell is not necessary. Maybe Pruitt can provide the same things next season.

How about Tony Allen? Is he worth bringing back for a low amount of money?

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be
Definitely would ilke to see Posey and House back next year. 

I'd let Cassell walk and if someone wants to overpay for Tony Allen, let 'em.  If we can keep him for a reasonable salary, I could think of worse scenarios.

Also in the thinking that PJ will retire.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

Offline kenmaine

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 25
  • Boston 104, New York 59
Posey is almost a must. I compare him to Dennis Johnson in some ways. Invaluable player on both defense and offense.
House is also a keeper. Would be hard to replace. Great clutch shooter, high energy, and yes, he can bring the ball upcourt- maybe he's not the best ballhandler but he's ok. Plus he kept his mouth shut when he was basically screwed out his job.
Both these guys, especially Posey, have shown they can do it when it really matters and that's big.
PJ should retire. Let Big Baby play and  mature, see if he can cut down on the mistakes.
And please Danny, don't bring Sam back.

Offline Triboy16

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 24
Posey is almost a must. I compare him to Dennis Johnson in some ways. Invaluable player on both defense and offense.
House is also a keeper. Would be hard to replace. Great clutch shooter, high energy, and yes, he can bring the ball upcourt- maybe he's not the best ballhandler but he's ok. Plus he kept his mouth shut when he was basically screwed out his job.
Both these guys, especially Posey, have shown they can do it when it really matters and that's big.
PJ should retire. Let Big Baby play and  mature, see if he can cut down on the mistakes.
And please Danny, don't bring Sam back.

sam is not coming back. He should actually retire. You see him punching his fist yelling at pierce and other during the huddle. Puhaha. He was like this is how you it done, get it done now. Like he is a coach . Man that guy is just too funny. I bet you he is jockeing hard with ainge to sign him as an assistant, huge mistake to keep this guy around in any capacity.

Offline fairweatherfan06

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42
KG=32 million
PP=20 something million
Ray=19 million

Posey=Priceless

Unless Posey wants Big 3 numbers they need to open up the purse to keep him.

Sam will/should a)retire b)Go to Denver so he can player coach or whatever it is he fits their system or lack thereof

PJ-will undoubtedly retire, he was brought out kicking and screaming this time.  A ring will let him be content enough to stay home with his kids

House-would love to keep him, but if another team wants to overpay for him, it may not be possible (wants you get a ring you can be a little selfish and chase the money) I hope he can come back though

TA-not sure who wants him, but if another team overpays we'll let him go if not??

Pollard-I doubt he is resigned

Offline PRIDE

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 41
I hope Posey will pick up his option so we can spend our MLE on someone else this offseason.

Pollard is done.

PJ will probably retire.

Pruitt needs to get minutes next year so Danny will have to make a choice between Sam and Eddie. I'd rather keep Eddie.

I don't think any team will try to pry Tony Allen from us. I think we should give him another shot next year and then let him go if he doesnt contribute.

Offline Frontierboy

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 25
Posey and House are musts.......

I would actually like Pollard to come back.  When healthy, I think he could bring what PJ brought to the team.  He just didn't have enough playing time to demonstrate that.

Dump Sam like a bad habit....... let TA walk...... sign Anthony Johnson and then draft a small forward that is a very good defender like Brandon Rush

Offline cmoney

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 14
sam is not coming back. He should actually retire. You see him punching his fist yelling at pierce and other during the huddle. Puhaha. He was like this is how you it done, get it done now. Like he is a coach . Man that guy is just too funny. I bet you he is jockeing hard with ainge to sign him as an assistant, huge mistake to keep this guy around in any capacity.

this is nothing but pure ignorance. 

Offline Spoon

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 14
Why can't we win first. Then enjoy things for a couple weeks. Then worry about next year. Is that possible for New England sports fans?

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247
....free agency is less then 3 weeks away. Wow! I'm so used to free agency being 3 months away when the C's season is winding down! Anyway, we're all curious to see who will stay, who will go, who the new blood will be in the core 8-10.

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43
Posey is about as important a guy to keep as we have...

But you know he's gonna want a big payday

Remember, guys like House and Posey (and PJ and Cassell) came here on the cheap to win a title, I think we'll see more guys lining up to meet with Danny and try to get their rings as well, guys who have made plenty and now just want to win

Just gonna ramble off the list of vets who could be knocking on that door:

Eddie Jones
Juwan Howard
Jamaal Magloire
Eduardo Najera
Theo Ratliff
Flip Murray
Dikembe Mutumbo (unlikely)
Ricky Davis
Jason Williams
Zo
Bonzi Wells
Janero Pargo
Darell Armstrong
Steph Marbury (doubt he opts out early though)
Kevin Ollie
Carlos Arroyo
Pat Garrity
Grant Hill (this is one I'd like to see)
Lorenzen Wright
Anthony Johnson
Michael Finley
Big Shot Bob (can you imagine him and Big Game James on the floor at the same time??)
Kurt Thomas (please come to Boston...for the springtime...)
Damon Stoudamire
Brent Barry
Antawn Jamison (wouldn't take the paycut imo)

Plus all the restricted free agents

there will be guys out there who want to win, want to play with the big 3, and will do it on short money

full list:
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?page=2008freeagents

When you love life, life loves you right back

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43
Why can't we win first. Then enjoy things for a couple weeks. Then worry about next year. Is that possible for New England sports fans?

trust me, we're still focused on gameday, but just like DA goes to draft camps, we like to keep our eyes and mind open for the future...its part of fandom... it helps pass the time between games too - now the one thing I hope doesn't happen is Menino (is he a cousin of David Stern) getting his greasy paws on a parade route prematurely...don't schedule a parade until after the trophy is in our hands...pleasssse

have these 2 ever been seen in the same place at the same time????
When you love life, life loves you right back

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
Posey has to be resigned. Period. No ifs, ands or buts about it.

I suspect Sam and PJ will retire. I'd let TA and Pollard walk. Don't know Scal's status, but I'd like to find a way out of that deal.

House has a place on this team. We can't pay him millions, but if he's reasonable I'd like him back.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."