Author Topic: Bronny James has cardiac arrest - is recovering  (Read 48224 times)

Re: Bronny James has cardiac arrest - is recovering
« Reply #165 on: May 14, 2024, 11:40:09 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2425
Dan Woike: Bronny James says current players like Derrick White, Jrue Holiday and Davion Mitchell as NBA players he thinks affect winning in the ways he wants to as a pro. – via Twitter DanWoikeSports

Davion Mitchell is quite a different plaer to Jrue & D White.

And none of them are similar to Bronny. He needs a better archetype to follow. To learn from.

« Reply #166 on: May 15, 2024, 08:01:26 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1397
Rob Parker saying that NBA Draft this year may be Bronny's only option of making it to the NBA because he cannot afford to return to college and risk having another bad season. Another season like this one would end his NBA dreams. But if he goes now, someone may take a shot on him.

Interesting viewpoint.

He would probably make more money in NIL than as a second round pick in the 50’s (which even then would not be on merit). I don’t know if the people saying this stuff realize he was a historically bad shooter his freshman year. You can’t do that as an undersized guard.
Do you really think money is a concern?  He's listed at 6'4" 210lbs.  That isn't undersized for a guard.  If Lebron is serious about taking a significant discount in order to play on the same team with his son, some teams (e.g. Sixers and Clips) should consider using a late 1st on Bronny.
https://x.com/hoopmixonly/status/1790406012026970434?s=46

Told ya buddy. Some things you can only see at the games

Ooh, 6-1. I thought he was at least 6-2 hopefully 6-3 but likely 6-2.

Tough to make it as a 6-1 SG. That is the size of D Mitchell. But he has a dynamic offensive game to go with it. De'Anthony Melton is a 6-2 defensive combo guard with a limited offensive game.

I've seen reports saying they were hoping for big test results in the combine for Bronny to boost his status. Bad start.
Bad start?  He knocked down 19 of 25 in the 3pt drill and had 40.5" vertical leap.  I don't put much stock in wingspan (see Bane) but his 6-7 1/4 wingspan is pretty good.  From the articles, I've read he's considered a good defender.  He's got a solid build so he should be able to guard taller players than himself. 

The main takeaway from the Athletic article I read is that the expectation is he will stay in the draft.  If he makes it to the 41st pick in the 2nd round, the Sixers would be stupid not to take him if they think it gives them a shot at Lebron.  If I'm the Sixers, I'd much rather have Lebron to team with Embiid and Maxey than PG-13.  But there are quite a few teams picking before the Sixers in the 2nd round that might want to take that chance. 

Edit - The big question is how much of Lebron's drive and work effort did Bronny inherit.  He'll also need to be mentally tough.

Clearly him measuring 3 inches shorter than what he was trying to list himself as (which I told everyone was ridiculous 3 month ago) is more significant than hitting a few extra threes in a drill.

« Reply #167 on: May 15, 2024, 08:11:12 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1559
Rob Parker saying that NBA Draft this year may be Bronny's only option of making it to the NBA because he cannot afford to return to college and risk having another bad season. Another season like this one would end his NBA dreams. But if he goes now, someone may take a shot on him.

Interesting viewpoint.

He would probably make more money in NIL than as a second round pick in the 50’s (which even then would not be on merit). I don’t know if the people saying this stuff realize he was a historically bad shooter his freshman year. You can’t do that as an undersized guard.
Do you really think money is a concern?  He's listed at 6'4" 210lbs.  That isn't undersized for a guard.  If Lebron is serious about taking a significant discount in order to play on the same team with his son, some teams (e.g. Sixers and Clips) should consider using a late 1st on Bronny.

Tough to make it as a 6-1 SG. That is the size of D Mitchell. But he has a dynamic offensive game to go with it. De'Anthony Melton is a 6-2 defensive combo guard with a limited offensive game.

I've seen reports saying they were hoping for big test results in the combine for Bronny to boost his status. Bad start.
Bad start?  He knocked down 19 of 25 in the 3pt drill and had 40.5" vertical leap.  I don't put much stock in wingspan (see Bane) but his 6-7 1/4 wingspan is pretty good.  From the articles, I've read he's considered a good defender.  He's got a solid build so he should be able to guard taller players than himself. 

The main takeaway from the Athletic article I read is that the expectation is he will stay in the draft.  If he makes it to the 41st pick in the 2nd round, the Sixers would be stupid not to take him if they think it gives them a shot at Lebron.  If I'm the Sixers, I'd much rather have Lebron to team with Embiid and Maxey than PG-13.  But there are quite a few teams picking before the Sixers in the 2nd round that might want to take that chance. 

Edit - The big question is how much of Lebron's drive and work effort did Bronny inherit.  He'll also need to be mentally tough.

Clearly him measuring 3 inches shorter than what he was trying to list himself as (which I told everyone was ridiculous 3 month ago) is more significant than hitting a few extra threes in a drill.
only if scouts actually thought he was 6'4"
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #168 on: May 15, 2024, 08:24:28 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25607
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #169 on: May 15, 2024, 09:31:35 PM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 559

Interesting viewpoint.

He didn't list himself that way USC did.  No one thought he was that tall because colleges height measurements include shoes whereas the NBA does not.  If the NBA still did, he'd have come in at 6'3" so USC padded an inch.  Height is of course significant but you're way overplaying it.  Whether he succeeds or not in the NBA will not be due to his height. 

« Reply #170 on: May 15, 2024, 09:40:06 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• JoJo White

Interesting viewpoint.

This you? Have a little self respect man lol. You told me he was t undersized cause of his listed height then said nobody believed his listed heights. Can’t have it both ways. And a three inch drop from your listed height is not super common. That is more significant than him hitting 4 extra threes in a drill and it is not even debatable
« Last Edit: May 15, 2024, 09:45:52 PM by celticsclay »

« Reply #171 on: May 15, 2024, 10:10:13 PM »

Offline greg683x

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 585
Bronny showing up at USC to get measured….

Greg

« Reply #172 on: Yesterday at 01:30:27 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• JoJo White
Bronny showing up at USC to get measured….

Lol exactly. I have been a big pac 12 guy (RIP) because my brother is a huge Arizona State and we watch the games in person and go to the tourney. I knew the first time I saw him on the court he was not 6'4 just standing next to players on other teams.