Author Topic: Logging off for good  (Read 42900 times)

Re: Logging off for good
« Reply #30 on: March 17, 2010, 07:43:19 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
so it is ok to make a second account?  this might be fun  :D

« Reply #31 on: March 17, 2010, 07:59:05 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
...what is going on with this blog? What happened to the multiple account rules and how does guy incognito have over 300 TPs with only one post?

This is getting ridiculous.

matt, i hear u.  things have changed i guess.  its not worth getting upset about.  best bet is to move on from it.....at least thats what i have learned.  i dont know why one wishes to draw attention to it though.

I know what you mean, I'm not terribly worried about it. It's nothing that would make me want or anything. I just don't understand why create a rule if it's not going to be enforced?

Let me be clear, because I can see how one would think the enforcement of 2 accounts would be seen as inconsistent here.

You cannot change your username. But, if you want to get a new username, your old one can be banned, and the new one replace that.

That's the rule, pretty much. If you wanna go back, the new one gets banned, the old one unbanned.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #32 on: March 17, 2010, 08:02:53 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be
...what is going on with this blog? What happened to the multiple account rules and how does guy incognito have over 300 TPs with only one post?

matt, i hear u.  things have changed i guess.  its not worth getting upset about.  best bet is to move on from it.....at least thats what i have learned.  i dont know why one wishes to draw attention to it though.

I know what you mean, I'm not terribly worried about it. It's nothing that would make me want or anything. I just don't understand why create a rule if it's not going to be enforced?

Let me be clear, because I can see how one would think the enforcement of 2 accounts would be seen as inconsistent here.

You cannot change your username. But, if you want to get a new username, your old one can be banned, and the new one replace that.

That's the rule, pretty much. If you wanna go back, the new one gets banned, the old one unbanned.

IP's right.  No active duplicate accounts. 

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #33 on: March 17, 2010, 08:12:18 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be
Btw, here's the section of rules pertaining to accounts.

Participation on Celticsblog is on an invitation basis only.  All users on Celticsblog agree to abide by the site rules, the Terms of Use, and the Celticsblog registration agreement (see below).  The Celticsblog staff may revoke a user’s posting privileges at any time, on a temporary or permanent basis.

Only one account per person is permitted. The only people authorized to have multiple accounts here are administrators and moderators who will use those for testing purposes. Anyone else found to be using multiple accounts will be banned from this website if they persist in using such multiple accounts.

Celticsblog does not allow members to change screen names.  If you would like to post under a different name, please contact the staff in order to close your old account, at which point you will be permitted to open a new account under a different screen name.

Attempting to circumvent a suspension or other staff action through the creation of a new user account shall result in an immediate and permanent ban from Celticsbog, without exception.

It is not appropriate to open a new account because you have lost your password or because you no longer like your screen name.  If you have lost your password, please email a member of the administration, and you can be given a new password.

Trollish, lewd, or otherwise inappropriate screen names will result in banning of your account.

Do not Astroturf or pretend to be/represent somebody else. Your account will be deleted if found to be in breach of this rule.

You are responsible for what is posted from your account.  Excuses like "it was my brother / sister / roommate that was breaking the rules" are not valid.  If others have access to your computer, make sure that they do not have access to your password.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #34 on: March 17, 2010, 08:14:34 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

And when I was told of this and one had to be shut off, I chose this one. I don't see the problem.

SSF had like 5 different names....no one had a problem.

Also, for those questioning PLamb's TP total don't look this way. Your problem is with the same people who moved Steve Weinman's TPs to 2500 and thristyboots' to 2500 and IP's to 2500 and Jeff's to 3000 and so on. I had nothing to do with that and, if truth be told, would have preferred not to have gotten that attention in receiving them.

I was quite happy to stay PLamb, just another guy posting on CB.

« Reply #35 on: March 17, 2010, 08:23:12 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.

And when I was told of this and one had to be shut off, I chose this one. I don't see the problem.

SSF had like 5 different names....no one had a problem.

Also, for those questioning PLamb's TP total don't look this way. Your problem is with the same people who moved Steve Weinman's TPs to 2500 and thristyboots' to 2500 and IP's to 2500 and Jeff's to 3000 and so on. I had nothing to do with that and, if truth be told, would have preferred not to have gotten that attention in receiving them.

I was quite happy to stay PLamb, just another guy posting on CB.

I heard it was a ghost that did it. A shishkaBOB that never say the light of DAY

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #36 on: March 17, 2010, 08:25:12 PM »

Offline MattG12

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 997
  • PEACE
I wasn't trying to make a big deal out of anything... I honestly though both the nickagneta and the plamb accounts were being used simultaneously. If one was shut off then I stand corrected. TP to both plamb and nick!  ;)

« Reply #37 on: March 17, 2010, 08:34:14 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
I wasn't trying to make a big deal out of anything... I honestly though both the nickagneta and the plamb accounts were being used simultaneously. If one was shut off then I stand corrected. TP to both plamb and nick!  ;)
I did use the nickagneta account as a joke...twice... after it was "leaked" who PLamb was. Once I did Roy sent me a PM saying I had to chose one and the other would have to be shut off. I chose nickagneta because there was a serious lack of boxers on this site and asked if I could have just one last post, the OP in this thread.

PLamb is gone. Technically, I guess by the rules I should be banned forever from the site for using the nickagneta username for two posts over the last couple days in joking fashion. If that is the decision of Jeff and the mods staff here, I'll live by that. I did the crime, I'll do the time.

« Last Edit: March 17, 2010, 08:54:34 PM by nickagneta »

« Reply #38 on: March 17, 2010, 08:46:57 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
Just wanted to thank everyone for being so kind to me in my short stay here

But I will be logging off for good

bye. good luck and thanks for being part of cb.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #39 on: March 17, 2010, 09:05:09 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
OK, here's the low down as I understand it.

Plamb has retired.  Nick is back, which is a happy thing.

GuyIncognito was a one time joke/parody account created by fairweatherfan,  That account has been closed.

Nick posted a couple of times under his old name, but Plamb is now closed and he is back to one account.

I don't see any need for any disciplinary action, but double accounts are not legal.

Let's get back to the ballgame...
Yup

« Reply #40 on: March 17, 2010, 09:54:55 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Boy do I feel stupid for not picking up on that double identity.  No wonder Plamb and Nick both sounded so smart and said alot of the same stuff!!   8)

To be honest, you sounded so much smarter as Plamb   ;D

« Reply #41 on: March 17, 2010, 09:58:44 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
Boy do I feel stupid for not picking up on that double identity.  No wonder Plamb and Nick both sounded so smart and said alot of the same stuff!!   8)

As long as we are being honest, PLamb liked the Utah Salties a lot more than I did!  ;) ;D

« Reply #42 on: March 17, 2010, 10:17:36 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

As long as we are being honest, PLamb liked the Utah Salties a lot more than I did!  ;) ;D
Probably why I like him better--smart man that Plamb  ;D

welcome back Nick--- as a fellow dog lover I can't get enough Boxer pics.

« Reply #43 on: March 17, 2010, 10:20:09 PM »

Offline mmbaby

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 53
Dissociative identity disorder (DID) is a psychiatric diagnosis that describes a condition in which a person displays multiple distinct identities or personalities (known as alter egos or alters), each with its own pattern of perceiving and interacting with the environment.

« Reply #44 on: March 17, 2010, 10:41:39 PM »

Offline looseball

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 77
We will miss you PLamb (despite your weird name).  You will always be remembered as a knowledgeable non-whiner.