Author Topic: Who is Your Favorite CB Poster & Why?  (Read 32296 times)

Re: Who is Your Favorite CB Poster & Why?
« Reply #30 on: August 30, 2009, 12:03:00 AM »

Offline Tnerb02

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 18
Anyone who gives me Tommy Points.  ;D

« Reply #31 on: August 30, 2009, 12:33:06 AM »

Offline FLCeltsFan

• Kendrick Perkins #1 Fan
  • Author
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 11845
  • Marcus Smart Fan!
It is very hard to pick out one favorite, or even a few.  There are so many great posters on this board. I can single out Master Po, Edgar, and ACF for the encouragement and kindness they have shown to me.   Roy Hobbs because he has a great knowledge of the game and moderates with a Solomon-like wisdom, and Redz who always makes me smile. Jeff because of his vision and hard work to make this site what it is. And there are so many more.  If you post here, consider yourself one of my favorites. 

« Reply #32 on: August 30, 2009, 12:49:26 AM »

Offline kw10

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 49
  • KG is da Man
I used to like Bob Day.  Whatever happened to him?

i used to love bob day!  i think i remember hearing he left the site to pursue other things.  im not really sure, maybe a mod with info could shed light on his whereabouts (while still respecting his privacy). 

I can tell you that you can find Bob Day easily on facebook, he seems to be on there a fair bit haha. Don't know about his involvement with CB tho.
Anything is possible!!!

« Reply #33 on: August 30, 2009, 01:00:54 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2406
Cordobes -- Unfortunately, I haven't seem him posting in quite awhile though.

A couple of others that stand out -- BudweiserCeltic, BballTim, and Nickagneta.

« Reply #34 on: August 30, 2009, 09:10:20 AM »

Offline CoachCowens

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 9
Roy Hobbs- I think in part because I picture him speaking in Robert Redfords voice. Cool calm and collected. Even if I am diametrically opposed to his views, his posts are reasoned and presented in a way that he doesn't come off as argumentative or condescending   

Scintan- who has been gone for a while. His battles were legendary in my opinion. If you disagreed with him you needed to be prepared for 10 page fight.

Rebus Rankin and Guava wrench. They seem to post messages i wish I had said.

« Reply #35 on: August 30, 2009, 10:01:44 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I don't have a favorite poster. I think everyone does a great job.

Do I have some cyber-buddies? Yes, I do, but I'm not going to say that I enjoy any one poster's stuff more than another because I love all the different styles and opinions and think each contributes something more to the entirety that is Celticsblog.

And it is for that whole, that entirety, that I keep coming back for. So, in a way, I guess my first statement was in error. I guess everyone is my favorite.

« Reply #36 on: August 30, 2009, 10:18:15 AM »

Offline Hoyo de Monterrey

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 669
I have great respect for most of the people on these boards, and I've recently (through the draft especially) come to converse more with a few people and have really enjoyed what they had to say.

However, the only poster I'm going to single out is oldmanspeaks. As someone in the middle of a job negotiation, oldmanspeaks's advice is invaluable. I want him commenting and providing advice on every aspect of my life  ;)

Seriously though job searchers and finders check out Rondo2287's job thread and read what oldmanspeaks says in there. Very useful stuff.
"Let me call him," Floyd said.

The man shook his head. "O.J. doesn't give out his cell," he said. "He'll call you."

« Reply #37 on: August 30, 2009, 10:41:21 AM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43
I'll give clues but not name names.... one's a sap, one once was a superfish, now a super aide, one loves star wars a little too much, one loves dogs, one is danish, one loves scrolling text, one's an irishman, one's really big into wwe, one makes the best sigs, and one loves oscar the grouch....

I'm sure I missed a few of those who I keep coming back to hear and talk and argue and laugh with, and sometimes someone jumps in off the radar and surprises me. 

but good work all, keep it coming
When you love life, life loves you right back

« Reply #38 on: August 30, 2009, 10:41:43 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Anyone who gives me Tommy Points.  ;D
Gratuitous TP for the passive aggressive TP suck up. Cleverly done!!

« Reply #39 on: August 30, 2009, 10:44:51 AM »

Offline CelticPride18

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 29
I love any poster that has "laker" infront of their name... NOT (Borat)

« Reply #40 on: August 30, 2009, 10:48:12 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
I have great respect for most of the people on these boards, and I've recently (through the draft especially) come to converse more with a few people and have really enjoyed what they had to say.

However, the only poster I'm going to single out is oldmanspeaks. As someone in the middle of a job negotiation, oldmanspeaks's advice is invaluable. I want him commenting and providing advice on every aspect of my life  ;)

Seriously though job searchers and finders check out Rondo2287's job thread and read what oldmanspeaks says in there. Very useful stuff.

There is definitely something to be said for experience.
Yup

« Reply #41 on: August 30, 2009, 11:20:35 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Jeff -- brings sensible balance to his viewpoints and is very often the voice of reason. 

Roy -- just a fountain of knowledge.  The whole FA document he's created the past few seasons is terrific.

The one poster I haven't seen on here for a while that I thought had a lot of insight and well-thought-out opinions is MikeDfromNP.  I liked reading his threads and views on topics.

« Reply #42 on: August 30, 2009, 11:22:57 AM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
I'll give clues but not name names.... one's a sap, one once was a superfish, now a super aide, one loves star wars a little too much, one loves dogs, one is danish, one loves scrolling text, one's an irishman, one's really big into wwe, one makes the best sigs, and one loves oscar the grouch....

I'm sure I missed a few of those who I keep coming back to hear and talk and argue and laugh with, and sometimes someone jumps in off the radar and surprises me. 

but good work all, keep it coming

is it sad that i know every person u referred to?!?!  lol

« Reply #43 on: August 30, 2009, 11:23:59 AM »

Offline davemonsterband

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 160
Jeff, he always manages to find a way to solve the answer to a 5 page thread with one two-sentence response, always makes me laugh. Roy as well, his knowledge of the inner workings of the structure of the league is a resource unlike any other. Then everyone else, for tolerating my frustrated drunken posts.
"The Best Revenge Is Massive Success"
~Ole Blue Eyes~

« Reply #44 on: August 30, 2009, 11:26:40 AM »

Offline MattG12

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 997
  • PEACE
Too many to name... the great thing about CB is that no one poster really stands out as the best poster. Many different poster have created many great threads and added great comments to other threads.