Author Topic: TP to Post Ratio  (Read 40973 times)

Re: TP to Post Ratio
« Reply #30 on: June 26, 2008, 02:03:51 PM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
a) how can you take tommy points away? b) who took them away?

The old TP system used to allow people to both give and take points.  I believe it was changed because Tommy himself doesn't believe in taking points.  He's only a giver.

It was another poster who I don't believe is still around.

The original TP set up included 'take one'.  The high level of whine from unnamed posters created more stress around here then needed.  It was scratched.

My version sounds better :P

that must have been a long while ago i don't even remember it. just as well we no longer have that system, it would cause all sorts of chaos.

Yeah, imagine all the Laker trolls taking
all our TP's away  ;D

« Reply #31 on: June 26, 2008, 02:25:48 PM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"
someone toss RR his 100th, he only needs one more now  ;D

happy to.

oh well someone beat me to it, 101 it is then :D

« Reply #32 on: June 26, 2008, 02:28:06 PM »

Offline Andrew Celtic Nation

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 105
My TP to post ratio sucks compared to most members here. Oh well I believe in the quality of my work.  ;D

« Reply #33 on: June 26, 2008, 02:28:39 PM »

Offline P2

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 163
  • Green 18!
Mine is always around 20.

« Reply #34 on: June 26, 2008, 02:30:13 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
My TP to post ratio sucks compared to most members here. Oh well I believe in the quality of my work.  ;D

Many cheat the system :P.

« Reply #35 on: June 26, 2008, 02:43:32 PM »

Offline FLCeltsFan

• Kendrick Perkins #1 Fan
  • Author
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 11845
  • Marcus Smart Fan!
I have a pretty good TP/post ratio, but considering that many of the TP's were on game threads or for the links and it takes anywhere from 2-4 hours in the off season and during the playoffs it took up to 6 hours to gather and post the links daily and each game thread took anywhere from 1-2 hours, and people were getting TP's for posting "BeatLA", I may have the worst TP/Hr ratio  ;D  ;D

« Reply #36 on: June 26, 2008, 02:45:06 PM »

Offline kenmaine

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 25
  • Boston 104, New York 59
Mine is approx. 8%. Not a big concern, though it's always nice to get em. Occasionally I'll cheat and try to write something clever just to get a response if I notice the ratio dipping :)

« Reply #37 on: June 26, 2008, 02:49:54 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
I have a pretty good TP/post ratio, but considering that many of the TP's were on game threads or for the links and it takes anywhere from 2-4 hours in the off season and during the playoffs it took up to 6 hours to gather and post the links daily and each game thread took anywhere from 1-2 hours, and people were getting TP's for posting "BeatLA", I may have the worst TP/Hr ratio  ;D  ;D

I don't know, FL.  I think I've got the worst TP per hour ratio locked up pretty tightly. ;)

I've been logged into this site (although that doesn't mean I was actually doing anything) for 4077 hours.  Ouch.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #38 on: June 26, 2008, 02:55:49 PM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan

Here's one for free  :)

« Reply #39 on: June 26, 2008, 03:04:45 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
See folks, the problem with posting in this thread is the self-defeating problem of watering down your ratio for posting in here.  Unless you come up with some genuinely insightful thought about the TP to Post ratio that warrants another TP. 

No risk, no reward.

I prefer to go the humor route over insight for my TPs.  Here you go....May you find some amusement and not let my ratio go to pot for postng in this thread ;D

Yup

« Reply #40 on: June 26, 2008, 03:08:46 PM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"
mathematicians of celticsblog how do i work out my ratio? unfortunately, math was never my strong point. everything else though and i'm your man.

« Reply #41 on: June 26, 2008, 03:08:55 PM »

Offline bbc3341

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 23
Aw, it's so subjective! I can't help it if my brilliance is not appreciated...

jk - I see some of the posters on here and they deserve their sweet ratios...
Now, on to 18...

« Reply #42 on: June 26, 2008, 03:10:29 PM »

Offline bbc3341

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 23
mathematicians of celticsblog how do i work out my ratio? unfortunately, math was never my strong point. everything else though and i'm your man.

Divide total posts by Tps - your ratio is around 5:1! (1 TP for every 5 posts) Pretty freaking solid...
Now, on to 18...

« Reply #43 on: June 26, 2008, 03:10:30 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup

1154/202

=

5.71 posts per TP

Outstanding!
Yup

« Reply #44 on: June 26, 2008, 03:13:55 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
See folks, the problem with posting in this thread is the self-defeating problem of watering down your ratio for posting in here.  Unless you come up with some genuinely insightful thought about the TP to Post ratio that warrants another TP. 

No risk, no reward.

I prefer to go the humor route over insight for my TPs.  Here you go....May you find some amusement and not let my ratio go to pot for postng in this thread ;D

TP for soccer chickens, but don't make me bust out the lolar cats son, they'll eat those chickens faster than bartolo colon tears through a kfc.  :D

“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion