Author Topic: What's up with Josh Jackson?  (Read 5261 times)

What's up with Josh Jackson?
« on: November 13, 2018, 03:37:56 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
Fultz gets the most attention here out of the 2017 non-C's draft picks.

Almost all of JJ's stats look horrible. C's young players are getting criticized after 13 games, and the Suns have played the same amount. They already fired GM McDonough and gave up on Bender and Chriss.

Here is his pre-2017 draft thread.

https://forum.celticsstrong.com/index.php?topic=91728

Re: What's up with Josh Jackson?
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2018, 04:25:17 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Basically what happened was ainge had a choice between 4 players and 3 would end up being busts: Fultz, ball, jackson lol

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2018, 04:33:20 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
I don't think it is really fair to lump in Ball with those other guys. Fultz and Jackson are not really rotation players right now. Ball is probably a below average starting point guard, but he is coming off a somewhat serious injury after averaging 10, 7 and 6 with bad shooting and some tool son defense in his rookie year. Could still be a very good player. His shooting has also shown signs of improvement up to 36% from 3 after 30% his rookie year.

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2018, 04:33:55 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
I don't think it is really fair to lump in Ball with those other guys. Fultz and Jackson are not really rotation players right now. Ball is probably a below average starting point guard, but he is coming off a somewhat serious injury after averaging 10, 7 and 6 with bad shooting and some tool son defense in his rookie year. Could still be a very good player. His shooting has also shown signs of improvement up to 36% from 3 after 30% his rookie year.
true he still could be solid

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2018, 04:37:37 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
JJ's head grew faster than his game.  His reward was being drafted by a bottom-feeder rather than a contender.

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2018, 05:15:19 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
The Suns are the worst young talent development team in the league. 
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2018, 05:25:44 PM »

Online hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
i agree. as much as i do not like the entire ball circus and hate all things lakers, ball is turning into a credible to good nba player. his defense seems passable and his shooting might turn out to be all right...unfortunately.  ;D

now, jackson does seem to have some real problems.

and fultz, it is harder and harder to think he might work out his problems. they may be physical as well as mental. i dont know.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2018, 05:26:18 PM »

Online hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
or worst young talent drafting team.  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2018, 05:32:12 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
i agree. as much as i do not like the entire ball circus and hate all things lakers, ball is turning into a credible to good nba player. his defense seems passable and his shooting might turn out to be all right...unfortunately.  ;D

now, jackson does seem to have some real problems.

and fultz, it is harder and harder to think he might work out his problems. they may be physical as well as mental. i dont know.

Ball does have an NBA skill in his passing. I'm not sold on his defense but he is an NBA level passer and rebounder....

« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2018, 06:14:30 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
If Jackson doesn't improve a whole lot it'll be the biggest draft flop of my Celticsblog career...

« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2018, 06:21:34 PM »

Online Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
Had bust written all over him..so glad ainge didnt pick him..before draft i wanted either Fox or Tatum
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2018, 07:27:57 PM »

Offline 10610786d

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 27

Yes. Even though he was an ass during the draft process, I like Jackson. He has fire, he has skill, he has size, he has defense. He and Bender have slight flaws, but are virtually prototypical modern day NBA players if developed correctly. Can't wait for them to go to a better team.

« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2018, 08:18:35 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
I think he missed the memo that my fantasy team is no longer tanking.  He showed flashes at the end of past year - a string of 20+ point games, 36 against GSW, defense - but has been brutal this year.  He'll end up being a fine role player at least, but agree with the others that the Suns are crappy in developing talent.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2018, 08:28:04 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

It's exceptionally difficult to extricate the one from the other.

It's a matter of faith at this point but I continue to believe that Dragan Bender could have been a really fun and useful contributor, albeit nothing close to a star, on a well run team with a good coach.

Would have loved to see him on the Spurs.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2018, 08:32:40 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150

It's exceptionally difficult to extricate the one from the other.

It's a matter of faith at this point but I continue to believe that Dragan Bender could have been a really fun and useful contributor, albeit nothing close to a star, on a well run team with a good coach.

Would have loved to see him on the Spurs.

I liked Bender and Jackson both coming in but The Suns are like the anti-Brad Stevens. They make so many players look bad... The wrong situation/team can ruin a young player no doubt.