Author Topic: 2013 CB Historical Draft: Team Rosters  (Read 47340 times)

Re: 2013 CB Historical Draft: Team Rosters
« Reply #135 on: May 28, 2013, 10:38:07 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I don't know about any of the other owners but the long, holiday weekend certainly provided less motivation to get a presentation done over the past 3-4 days.  Heck, besides a quick scan of the site, I haven't been active since last week.

I can definitely put together something today.  Can you give us a day or two?
Sorry Dons, I just want to get this done. And I know there is another fantasy game dying to get started so I think it best that we go with the schedule as is.

« Reply #136 on: May 28, 2013, 10:53:36 AM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
Sorry people but I have a puter problem. I think after 3 years my hard drive died, so I only have phone access. So I see only two people did presentations and one didn't even supply all his years for his team.

So if panelists have any questions for the team owners ask away or send me your votes via PM by midnight tonight.

Panelists include:
nickagneta
Redz
Roy H.
resin the house
ronaldo943

A top 5 team vote in each category(Best Defensive Team, Best Offensive Team, Best Overall Team).

When winners are announced tomorrow, next years format will be announced as well. Something easier and a bit different.

Tp for putting the time and effort in Nick. I had fun and learned more about the era and about a lot if players I wouldn't have otherwise.

Thank you.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #137 on: May 28, 2013, 10:59:20 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
Sorry people but I have a puter problem. I think after 3 years my hard drive died, so I only have phone access. So I see only two people did presentations and one didn't even supply all his years for his team.

So if panelists have any questions for the team owners ask away or send me your votes via PM by midnight tonight.

Panelists include:
nickagneta
Redz
Roy H.
resin the house
ronaldo943

A top 5 team vote in each category(Best Defensive Team, Best Offensive Team, Best Overall Team).

When winners are announced tomorrow, next years format will be announced as well. Something easier and a bit different.
I have all of the years, I just have Theus and Aguiirre listed in two positions and only put the years the first time.
I was talking about another GM.

« Reply #138 on: May 28, 2013, 10:59:47 AM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
I don't know about any of the other owners but the long, holiday weekend certainly provided less motivation to get a presentation done over the past 3-4 days.  Heck, besides a quick scan of the site, I haven't been active since last week.

The weekend kind of messed me up too. I've also been in the middle of moving from nj to Texas. I was late on some picks and missed my presentation as well. However nick dud a write up on my team that really summed it up. Fast paced high octane offense with a lot if versatile guys led by Larry Legend in his prime.

I said it in a previous post but I'll reemphasize that this was a fun draft. It was by far the most challenging but I gained knowledge on some of the greats I never had the privilege to watch.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #139 on: May 28, 2013, 11:22:06 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1623
  • What a Pub Should Be

Sorry Dons, I just want to get this done. And I know there is another fantasy game dying to get started so I think it best that we go with the schedule as is.

Fair enough.  It's your call.  Just saying that if you're getting 25% participation with the write-ups, the schedule probably had something to do with it. 

Regardless, I'll throw something up during the day.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #140 on: May 28, 2013, 11:30:53 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith

Fair enough.  It's your call.  Just saying that if you're getting 25% participation with the write-ups, the schedule probably had something to do with it. 

Regardless, I'll throw something up during the day.
I realize that but by the same token the draft ended a week ago. With no trades, and if people weren't going to make trades then they had close to a week to get this done and honestly, I am not even sure the write ups have a tremendous influence on the voting either here or in the CB Draft. But they do lend some extra info and I use them. So if people want to put up their presentations today, I won't be voting until the very end.

BTW, all voting will be published with the results.....tomorrow. Normally I do Best Player, etc voting but my broken puter put the nix on that.

« Reply #141 on: May 28, 2013, 11:53:34 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Right now i would categorize the team as

Best Overall: Lakers
Best Defense: Lakers
Best Offense: Kings
Not seeing the Lakers as the best team.  Far too limited offensively though they are a great defensive team.

I'm sorry, but a Center averaging 34 points a game with an unstoppable move along with a 2 guard who is averaging 22 is not limited. That's 56 points combined for just the two already. The rest of the starters are capable 15-18 points scorers. We have an excellent PG who can pass and share the ball to get their shots, and so as the backup.

And there are THREE 20 point capable scorers off the bench in Kelly Tripucka, Mike Mitchell and Larry Drew. I think the Lakers are far from being limited offensively. 
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #142 on: May 28, 2013, 12:02:55 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1558

Not seeing the Lakers as the best team.  Far too limited offensively though they are a great defensive team.

I'm sorry, but a Center averaging 34 points a game with an unstoppable along with a 2 guard who is averaging 22. That's 56 combined for just the two already. We have an excellent PG who can pass and share the ball to get their shots.

And there are TWO 20 point capable scorers off the bench in Kelly Tripucka and Larry Drew. I think the Lakers are far from being limited offensively.
Every team has that.  You can't just have one guy (Kareem).  Moncrief at 21 a game is nice and all, but he does not an offense make.  You have an excellent defensive team no doubt, probably the best one of those in the game, but in this setting you have no where near enough offense to be the best team as teams will just be able to double Kareem and you have no one else that can beat them (and in this a double team actually matters since everyone is stacked down low).

My team for example, the lowest scoring total in my starting 5 is my PG Murphy at 21 a game.  Dr. J and Haywood are both at 29.3 a game with Aguirre at 25.7 and Lanier at 22.5.  I also have two 20 point scorers on my bench.  So unlike your team, if you double Dr. J, the rest of my team will kill you.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #143 on: May 28, 2013, 12:06:03 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
And BTW, here is the head to head for Kareem and Lanier

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&p1=laniebo01&p2=abdulka01

Obviously Kareem out performed Lanier, but not nearly as much as one would think even in Kareem's 71-72 season, the year that you picked.  And the year I picked, 73-74, Lanier out played Kareem in about half of the games.

« Reply #144 on: May 28, 2013, 12:15:28 PM »

Offline airbelinelli

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 71
  • Derrick Rose is year-to-year
Does anyone have any comments on my team before the panelists decide?
CB Draft: Golden State Warriors - 14.23
PG: Bledsoe/Lin/ Harris
SG: Beal/ Henderson/ Ingram
SF: Winslow/McDermott/
PF: Turner/ Acy / Hernangomez
C: Adams/ Turner/ McRoberts
DKC Nets: http://tinyurl.com/h5mdvwj

« Reply #145 on: May 28, 2013, 12:21:41 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.

I'm sorry, but a Center averaging 34 points a game with an unstoppable along with a 2 guard who is averaging 22. That's 56 combined for just the two already. We have an excellent PG who can pass and share the ball to get their shots.

And there are TWO 20 point capable scorers off the bench in Kelly Tripucka and Larry Drew. I think the Lakers are far from being limited offensively.
Every team has that.  You can't just have one guy (Kareem).  Moncrief at 21 a game is nice and all, but he does not an offense make.  You have an excellent defensive team no doubt, probably the best one of those in the game, but in this setting you have no where near enough offense to be the best team as teams will just be able to double Kareem and you have no one else that can beat them (and in this a double team actually matters since everyone is stacked down low).

My team for example, the lowest scoring total in my starting 5 is my PG Murphy at 21 a game.  Dr. J and Haywood are both at 29.3 a game with Aguirre at 25.7 and Lanier at 22.5.  I also have two 20 point scorers on my bench.  So unlike your team, if you double Dr. J, the rest of my team will kill you.

Then by all mean double Kareem, make him pass the ball. It'not like Kareem didn't average 5 assits a game, for a Center. He'll find teammates who will score if you double on him.

Moncrief can dribble drive past players, he will score if you defend him one on one. He is also a good assist man at around 5 a game as well so you can't just double team him as well, he'll find other people.

You can plug in Michael Cooper and/or Kelly Tripucka on certain matchups as well. Tripucka can shoot from anywhere and Cooper will run, making the offense more hard to figure.

I disagree that the Lakers don't have enough offense. Ton of rebounding on this team so more possessions. Two scorers, one ultra dominant who can find people when needed to and PG's who can find these people in their right spots. I'd say this team has more than enough.

2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #146 on: May 28, 2013, 12:23:56 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&p1=laniebo01&p2=abdulka01

Obviously Kareem out performed Lanier, but not nearly as much as one would think even in Kareem's 71-72 season, the year that you picked.  And the year I picked, 73-74, Lanier out played Kareem in about half of the games.

What relevance is there if Lanier outplayed Kareem in 73-74 if Yoki picked 71-72?
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #147 on: May 28, 2013, 12:28:11 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith

What relevance is there if Lanier outplayed Kareem in 73-74 if Yoki picked 71-72?
I picked Lanier in 73-74.

« Reply #148 on: May 28, 2013, 12:29:09 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25611
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
My ballot is in.  I tried to give it some thought, but frankly, the late 70s / early 80s isn't my expertise.  So, consider this to be completely arbitrary.

Also, apologies in advance to the team that I voted top-5 in both offense and defense, but left out of my top-5 overall.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #149 on: May 28, 2013, 12:35:06 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816

I picked Lanier in 73-74.

yes but if you are comparing him to yoki's team it doesnt have any relevance, yoki didnt pick 73-74 Kareem. 

H2H matchups have little to no value here if you are comparing different years.  Might as well be comparing Lanier's h2h stats to a completely different player. 
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16