Author Topic: Celtics (3-2) at Pistons (4-0) Game #6 10/27/18  (Read 24330 times)

Re: Celtics (3-2) at Pistons (4-0) Game #6 10/27/18
« Reply #420 on: October 27, 2018, 10:02:06 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
Let's be realistic about Williams. He looked great tonight but he is extremely raw and played in garbage time versus most of Detroit's bench. Yeah, the potential is there but Theis showed tonight he is just a much better player than Williams and probably will be next year as well.
true. so it is a good thing the celtics have both.

williams impressed me with his intelligent play, screens, and passing tonight as well. his development will be uneven, as with most rookies, but he will develop, it seems, into a pretty good player.

if he can develop a three pointer, then he becomes a super-theis, or should we say uber-theis.  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #421 on: October 27, 2018, 10:02:44 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 533
Theis being evaluated for heel injury

« Reply #422 on: October 27, 2018, 10:21:00 PM »

Offline Jiri Welsch

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 349
Didn’t watch the game. What happened to Kyrie (and Tatum and Horford)? I love Kyrie but I don’t remember too many Alphas dropping 3 points in their contract year.

« Reply #423 on: October 27, 2018, 10:24:42 PM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
Didn’t watch the game. What happened to Kyrie (and Tatum and Horford)? I love Kyrie but I don’t remember too many Alphas dropping 3 points in their contract year.

I don't know many elite players that 1. never have an off night and 2. focus on their own scoring at the expense of the team

The team finally looked elite on offense tonight (despite some of our best guys playing poorly), but of course that doesn't stop people from nitpicking
I'm bitter.

« Reply #424 on: October 27, 2018, 10:56:24 PM »

Offline Hank Finkel

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 41
This is the kind of Celtic play I have come to expect from a BS coached team.  I don’t know what I was watching the first half of the OKC game.  Let’s keep it going now!!!!!

« Reply #425 on: October 27, 2018, 10:59:14 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700

Kyrie was moving the ball and setting other guys up. He did a great job. Same for Tatum. Horford played great defense on Drummond. Theis, Jaylen, Morris and Hayward were on, so the other guys just went with it. Its good team basketball.

« Reply #426 on: October 28, 2018, 07:50:28 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833

Kyrie was moving the ball and setting other guys up. He did a great job. Same for Tatum. Horford played great defense on Drummond. Theis, Jaylen, Morris and Hayward were on, so the other guys just went with it. Its good team basketball.

Kyrie looks so happy out there. Especially when his teammates make plays. Team starting to play loose. On a night where Tatum and Irving and Al were quiet and we dominate the Pistons ? Impressive.

« Reply #427 on: October 28, 2018, 07:52:41 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Theis being evaluated for heel injury

He should have a heel injury more often.  JK    Very nice game for him

Williams dunk was amazing, I can't wait to see more of him.    The funny thing is we still won, and had  off nights from Tatum and Irving.   I would like to one game where we are firing on all cylinders which still has not happened.

« Reply #428 on: October 28, 2018, 08:12:12 AM »

Offline Green-18

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130

Kyrie looks so happy out there. Especially when his teammates make plays. Team starting to play loose. On a night where Tatum and Irving and Al were quiet and we dominate the Pistons ? Impressive.

Did anyone see Kyrie's post-game comments last night?  He basically admitted that he's trying to adapt to a style of play that is completely foreign to him.  It was a nice moment of self awareness.   

If I remember correctly Kyrie had only taken 2 shots up until the last possession or two of the first half.  It certainly can't be easy to suppress the instinct to score, especially when looking for his shot has been the best option in previous years. 

The good news is that most of his scoring issues will be a non-existent once he reaches efficiency levels from last season.  Kyrie would be scoring 22 PPG if his shooting splits were the same as last season.

« Reply #429 on: October 28, 2018, 08:42:36 AM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
By far Jaylen's best game of the season and he played amazing defense on Griffin. That's the biggest surprise for me. Way to go JB!! And Theis, what can you say? He was so good that Horford got to get a lot of rest last night. The 3's were nothing but net. Wow!

« Reply #430 on: October 28, 2018, 08:42:54 AM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823
Let's be realistic about Williams. He looked great tonight but he is extremely raw and played in garbage time versus most of Detroit's bench. Yeah, the potential is there but Theis showed tonight he is just a much better player than Williams and probably will be next year as well.

williams impressed me with his intelligent play, screens, and passing tonight as well. his development will be uneven, as with most rookies, but he will develop, it seems, into a pretty good player.

if he can develop a three pointer, then he becomes a super-theis, or should we say uber-theis.  ;D

I like Theis, but last night was one of his best games in green, not what he brings every night.

Next year, or possibly the year after, Williams should be a better player.

« Reply #431 on: October 28, 2018, 08:47:28 AM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664

I like Theis, but last night was one of his best games in green, not what he brings every night.

Next year, or possibly the year after, Williams should be a better player.

He was playing his best basketball before he got hurt last year.  I don't see why he can't pick up where he left off.  He was a rookie last year after all.  If Williams can emulate Theis' game, watch out.