Author Topic: Calling Out Season Ticket Holders: Selling Tickets  (Read 13791 times)

Re: Calling Out Season Ticket Holders: Selling Tickets
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2011, 03:48:58 PM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
I did not sell my tickets to last night's game -- I don't know how anyone could do that.

When I do sell my tickets I usually go through the Celtics Ticket Exchange.

If I wanted to sell my tickets for a profit, I would sell them to anyone who wanted them. It's called free enterprise.

« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2011, 04:05:33 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Do you want people to start sending resumes and setting up interviews to buy tickets? If you own the tickets, you have the right to sell them to whoever you want.

Let's play the hypothetical situation card: I am a season ticket holder and I sell my tickets to the Celts Lakers game, Im sorry man, I really am not worried about who the two people buying my tickets are. If they're Celtics fans, great, if not, that's great to. I'm not responsible for their actions and I shouldn't have to hold onto my tickets just to please the guy sitting in the row in front of me.

« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2011, 04:08:32 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be
Do you want people to start sending resumes and setting up interviews to buy tickets? If you own the tickets, you have the right to sell them to whoever you want.

Let's play the hypothetical situation card: I am a season ticket holder and I sell my tickets to the Celts Lakers game, Im sorry man, I really am not worried about who the two people buying my tickets are. If they're Celtics fans, great, if not, that's great to. I'm not responsible for their actions and I shouldn't have to hold onto my tickets just to please the guy sitting in the row in front of me.

As a STH, technically, you are.   You can get your season tickets yanked.

The season ticket holder of record is responsible for all behavior associated with their season ticket location for all games played at the TD Garden. Engaging in any inappropriate, inconsiderate or unpermitted behavior will not be tolerated, and the Celtics reserve the right to eject the offender from the arena in their discretion. The first complaint against your season ticket location results in a verbal warning from our Sales Office that unacceptable behavior took place in your season ticket location. The second complaint will result in loss of season ticket privileges with notification via mail.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2011, 04:57:55 PM »

Offline bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4593
Let me say one thing - I was at Celtics @ Lakers two weeks ago, and I was at the game last night.

How were you lucky enough to pull that one off?

Can I fly with you on your private jet to the next game  ;)

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2011, 05:03:34 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be
I will add that I am conscious about who has my tickets to every game.  Personally, I don't put them on the exchange or any brokerage site.  With 41 regular season games and the way the team has been performing for the past 4 seasons, it hasn't been a problem finding someone whether it is my father (who buys half the season from me now), friends, or former work colleagues to buy my tickets due to my unique circumstance of living in Chicago now but refusing to part with the tickets.  Its also a nice ace in the hole to have whenever I am back in town. 

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2011, 05:06:58 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642

As a STH, technically, you are.   You can get your season tickets yanked.

The season ticket holder of record is responsible for all behavior associated with their season ticket location for all games played at the TD Garden. Engaging in any inappropriate, inconsiderate or unpermitted behavior will not be tolerated, and the Celtics reserve the right to eject the offender from the arena in their discretion. The first complaint against your season ticket location results in a verbal warning from our Sales Office that unacceptable behavior took place in your season ticket location. The second complaint will result in loss of season ticket privileges with notification via mail.

Yup, which is very good reason to be careful who you sell to.  Although I would argue that you have a better chance of selling it to Boston fans who will not behave themselves, than opposing teams fans, who more often than not are more reserved than the average Celtics fans (possibly out of fear).  

I will add that I am conscious about who has my tickets to every game.  Personally, I don't put them on the exchange or any brokerage site.  With 41 regular season games and the way the team has been performing for the past 4 seasons, it hasn't been a problem finding someone whether it is my father (who buys half the season from me now), friends, or former work colleagues to buy my tickets due to my unique circumstance of living in Chicago now but refusing to part with the tickets.  Its also a nice ace in the hole to have whenever I am back in town. 

Yeah, I have only sold a handful of games to strangers (and in all cases, they have either been a girl buying them to take her boyfriend, or someone bringing a kid...I am pretty careful about who I sell them to).  Generally, if I am not going to a game, I will give the tickets to a friend, family member, or co-worker.

Although I will admit that I have given tickets to a co-worker who happens to be a Lakers fan...but it was not a Lakers game, so I figured it was OK.

« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2011, 05:40:12 PM »

Offline Tai

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 32
Considering that STHs do have a responsibility about who they let sit in their seats for games....

I feel like if I now suggest that if someone's being THAT disruptive that it should be reported to Garden authorities, I'll get replies like "I'd rather not be a snitch". But if that's how you really feel about reporting someone, then I can only offer a Kleenex and to suck it up if some rabid fan ends up next you and you feel you're not being a man by reporting him.

Just my two cents.

« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2011, 06:10:24 PM »

Offline greenpride32

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 82
I used my tix and there were plenty of LAL fans around me. 

One thing you need to keep in mind about STH's is many of them are stricly resellers.  I don't know what the percentages are but I would not be surprised if ticket brokers made up 50% or more of the STH base.

Also I could see some selling now that renewals are coming up to put towards playoffs and next year.  But really whatever people do with their tix is none of your business!

« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2011, 09:19:33 PM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
So if I sell my ticket through the ticket exchange service that is provided by the Celtics, then I am responsible for whoever buys them? I dont think so.