Author Topic: Advice on Season Tickets  (Read 3824 times)

Advice on Season Tickets
« on: August 26, 2010, 07:42:37 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
First off, I understand this may get moved to a different column or section so I apologize.

Anyway, I am considering purchasing season tickets for the upcoming season and was wondering if anyone here had any feedback or suggestions for me.

More specifically, I was wondering what experiences any other season ticket holders have had before I spend my money.

Thanks-Banner 18 is coming in 10 months!!
GPap.

Re: Advice on Season Tickets
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2010, 08:31:26 PM »

Offline Fox40Kid

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 37
  • "This is beautiful. What is that? Velvet?"
I am entering my 8th season as a Celtics Season Ticket Holder.  I order a half season package and love it.  Over the course of two years, I get tickets to at least one game against every team in the NBA.

I am currently on a monthly payment plan that gets billed to my credit card account each month.  My plan comes with 20-21 regular season games and one pre-season game.  I am in the balcony, but the front row, so the seats are great.

On top of that there are some great benefits like the ability to buy extra tickets, free stuff and having my own account manager who helps me with any problems.  Also, if I can't use my tickets I can post them on the Celtics Ticket Exchange and someone else can buy them and credit my account.

All in all I think it has been a great experience for me.  Any problems I have had have been handled through my account manager.  In the end, it is nice to get a set of games, pick the ones I want to go to and then have leftovers to sell to friends and family.  Last I checked there was a waiting list, so I will look into it asap.
"Coach you were 24 and 58 last year, why the playoff talk?"
"Well we made a couple of key trades . . . and we got The Funk."

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2010, 08:44:24 PM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609
4th year full season ticket holder.  Absolutely love it.  I think I went to too many games my first season though, probably 60-75% of the home games and went to every playoff game except 2.  I think that made the experience get almost a little old, especially when I felt the team was genuinely not trying this regular season.  Now, I only go to about one game per month and I sell the rest to family and friends.  Playoff games, I generally get offered too much money for my tickets for me to go.  I go to about one game per round.  I got offered $400 a piece for all of my finals games that I paid $90 for so didn't go to a single one.  Being in debt, I couldn't turn that down.  And now I didn't have to work all summer  ;D  But a big reason why I could be bought out is because of all the games I went to in the '08 championship run.  I don't think anything will ever beat that. 

If you can get season tickets and have a chance to experience that again this season, don't think twice about it.  My account manager (Dave) is awesome and so helpful.  I get charged monthly so don't have to pay all up front.  They try to send you random gifts like a miniature ball signed by scalabrine haha to make you feel valued.  It's just sweet.
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2010, 09:54:17 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
have had season tickets with my dad since i was a kid (im in my 30s now).  it is pricey, but most definitely worth it.  now that the team is good, you can also sell some of ur tix if needed and get some of your $ back too.