Celtics Basketball > Celtics Talk

Celtics Regular Season News

(1/121) > >>

Goldstar88:
Jay King: Al Horford raved about Kristaps Porzingis’ defense in the opener: “Kristaps with that back line was great protecting all of us. He really did a good job and I think he was the biggest difference because at the rim he was protecting us time after time.” – via Twitter ByJayKing

Goldstar88:
At two points this offseason — during the three-team trade talks that fell apart back in June and the Jrue Holiday trade in October — Brogdon says he was already mentally preparing himself to be a Clipper alongside Kawhi Leonard and Paul George. “Absolutely,” Brogdon confirmed to ClutchPoints. “Absolutely. You know, once Jrue was traded from Milwaukee, I knew Boston had a lot of interest in him and I figured Boston would have a good run at getting him because I was a guy that they were open to trading.” “I was a guy that’s viewed as a good vet in the league and to teams. I have good value in the league. So a team like Portland could either keep me as a good vet or flip me. I knew that Boston would be in play to get [Jrue Holiday]. So I did start to mentally prepare to be here [in Los Angeles].” 2 hours ago – via Tomer Azarly @ Clutch Points

Now in his eighth NBA season, the 31-year old point guard would be a strong addition to any team in championship contention. After a very long summer of uncertainty, Brogdon has been very open and accepting of his role as a mentor and backup with Portland’s young squad. “Man, I’m just trying to be a pro,” Malcolm Brogdon told ClutchPoints in an exclusive interview after the Blazers’ season opening loss against the Clippers. “I’m a guy that relies on my work. So staying in the gym is really how I’ve been able to adjust. If your game is sharp and you’re ready for every opportunity and every change, you’re going to be fine no matter where you’re at. So for me, it’s keeping my head down and working.” – via Tomer Azarly @ Clutch Points

SparzWizard:
Have to feel somewhat bad for Brogdon having to take on that journeyman role, but he is a 6MOTY and has the stats to back it.

Hope he has success with the LA Clippers and take down the Lakers for us. Think he'll be happier getting to play alongside stars Kawhi and Paul George.

ozgod:

--- Quote from: SparzWizard on October 27, 2023, 12:36:44 PM ---Have to feel somewhat bad for Brogdon having to take on that journeyman role, but he is a 6MOTY and has the stats to back it.

Hope he has success with the LA Clippers and take down the Lakers for us. Think he'll be happier getting to play alongside stars Kawhi and Paul George.

--- End quote ---

Well he has to get to the Clippers first  :police:

A Future of Stevens:

--- Quote from: SparzWizard on October 27, 2023, 12:36:44 PM ---Have to feel somewhat bad for Brogdon having to take on that journeyman role, but he is a 6MOTY and has the stats to back it.

--- End quote ---
I think Brogdon would be a better match in LA than Harden. Harden is a "better" player but he could blow up that house of cards. Brogdon could have the same role there that he had here.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version