Author Topic: Dwight Howard Already Saying He'll Leave LA For Another Championship Contender  (Read 10935 times)

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
I started a thread about this a while ago asking what the chances were that both Dwight and CP3 would leave LA for Dallas:  http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=60442.msg1329581#msg1329581

It's far-fetched, but seems slightly possible.

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
It looks like something I read yesterday that was taken out of context here. Wasn't that quote part of a conversation about why Dwight had to leave Orlando and go to LA.

The quote wasn't about leaving the Lakers but was about leaving Orlando. If I am remembering the rest of his quotes yesterday proplery.

Yes, the quote is taken out of context.  As much as I hate to defend Dwight Howard, I watched the link to the video posted in the article, and Howard wasn't talking about leaving LA.  He was talking about leaving Orlando.

I could still see this applying if Nash or anyone else can't come in and save the day. It's all on Nash. He is the guy Mike D'Antoni's system will be built around.

They fired Brown because his system didn't fit the players. As of now the current system doesn't fit the players either.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 134
Two points (I suspect others will agree with):

1) I think Howard is an embarrassment to professional athletes everywhere, and himself. I've enjoyed laughing at his childishness and dim point of view from afar for the last 18 months, but at this point he's tarnishing the sport. Good grief;

2) I'd of course still take him in a heartbeat, though I doubt we could get him. If he does decide to leave, and ANYONE around him personally has a brain in their head, he should find a way to one of only two places -- San Antonio or Boston. Both have great championship tradition, consistently competitive rosters, and both have coaches who can help him grow as a player and a person. Chicago would be a runner-up to me. OKC also makes some sense, but I have my doubts about whether Presti would even want him at this point for what he'd have to give up.

If things continue to get ugly in LA, and he's to be taken at his word, I'd suspect Boston would be on his short list of desired destinations.

I promise you hes not thinking about boston lol.

Well, if what he's saying is true who else could he be talking about? There's a short list of teams more suited to win the title than LA

I don't think hes talking about anyone. Hes just saying he would leave LA if a better situation presented itself.

So you're promising that he's not talking about Boston based on your not having any idea about which teams he'd consider?

Nah, based on the fact no superstar ever comes to boston.

Offline BostonNative

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 14
can someone give me a reason why he would leave the lakers to come to boston if he wants a title? lol

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 134
can someone give me a reason why he would leave the lakers to come to boston if he wants a title? lol

lol right, makes zero sense.

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
In about 12 years when he's approaching 40 years old and wants to continue following in Shaq's footsteps.

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
In the future?  Rondo vs.  ???

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
If Rondo can get alley-oops with KG or Wilcox late in close games he'll manage with Dwight.
If you're trying to convince me that "getting alley-oops" is some form of legitimate NBA go-to offence, you're wasting your time.

Rondo's more comfortable shooting late in games than he used to be, we're scoring well late in games when he plays and he gets tons of assists late in games. If you want some convincing, show why the Celts would be suddenly unable to score with Howard on the team first.
I'm sure he's getting a ton of assists. Given that he's the only guy who handles the ball when he's on the court these days, he either will get an assist, or he won't.

But knee-jerk reaction aside, he remains somewhat of a one-trick pony offensively: he's not going to beat you with his ranged game, much like Howard is not going to beat you with his post game. Add this to the fact that you can put both of them on the line at will, and you've got a pretty bad offensive package already.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Offline celtsfan84

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 80
If Rondo can get alley-oops with KG or Wilcox late in close games he'll manage with Dwight.
If you're trying to convince me that "getting alley-oops" is some form of legitimate NBA go-to offence, you're wasting your time.

Rondo's more comfortable shooting late in games than he used to be, we're scoring well late in games when he plays and he gets tons of assists late in games. If you want some convincing, show why the Celts would be suddenly unable to score with Howard on the team first.
I'm sure he's getting a ton of assists. Given that he's the only guy who handles the ball when he's on the court these days, he either will get an assist, or he won't.

But knee-jerk reaction aside, he remains somewhat of a one-trick pony offensively: he's not going to beat you with his ranged game, much like Howard is not going to beat you with his post game. Add this to the fact that you can put both of them on the line at will, and you've got a pretty bad offensive package already.

I'd agree with that, but that problem could be fixed pretty easily with a sign-and-trade acquisition of Chris Paul (for Rajon Rondo) in the offseason.  :)

Offline relja

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 31
  • heart, hustle and muscle
I do not want that championship-Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline. in our locker-room or anywhere near our team.

Paul Pierce should be an example to all Lebrons, CP3s and other guys who want championships. He has been here during tough times and has endured losses, humiliation and similiar stuff. Did he ever whine or demand a trade? No! He stuck it up and stayed loyal to his team and a as result of the hard work he earned himself a ring. This is what sportsmanship is all about, not whining or demanding trades just to win titles.
When you lose, the easy part is to see who gives up. Giving up is very simple. You basically take your stuff and walk away. To continue to work and to continue to compete is one of the most difficult things, especially when you really don't have anything - KG

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

I'd agree with that, but that problem could be fixed pretty easily with a sign-and-trade acquisition of Chris Paul (for Rajon Rondo) in the offseason.  :)

Speaking of one trick ponies...

Offline ScottHow

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 354
  • It's what I do! It's who I am!
Dwight will have a special place in my heart if he makes LA trade Bynum, doesn't win this year, and leaves them empty handed.

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2509
It looks like something I read yesterday that was taken out of context here. Wasn't that quote part of a conversation about why Dwight had to leave Orlando and go to LA.

The quote wasn't about leaving the Lakers but was about leaving Orlando. If I am remembering the rest of his quotes yesterday proplery.

Yes, the quote is taken out of context.  As much as I hate to defend Dwight Howard, I watched the link to the video posted in the article, and Howard wasn't talking about leaving LA.  He was talking about leaving Orlando.

This thread should end with an ah well, that's different... never mind.

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 359
D.howard is a joke.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 06:57:03 PM by cman88 »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
Dwight Howard will be a Brooklyn Net next season..he wanted that all along
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin