Author Topic: The NBA plans to ban Kanye West’s recently shown Adidas Yeezy basketball sneaker  (Read 2139 times)

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
BREAKING: The NBA plans to ban Kanye West’s recently shown Adidas Yeezy basketball sneaker.

https://twitter.com/NickDePaula/status/1046892927115452416

Kanye West is expected to debut his first-ever Yeezy basketball sneaker on the feet of Adidas athletes during the upcoming NBA season. But the league office would ban the current version of the sneaker on court because of its gleaming, reflective-material heel, according to industry sources.

While the monochromatic sneakers won't violate the league's footwear color restrictions, the issue is the reflective "3M" heel panel, which the NBA would find potentially distracting for both in-arena spectators and television viewers.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/24863891/kanye-west-adidas-yeezy-basketball-shoe-likely-banned-reflective-detail

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
I'm sure the MAGAers will make this decision about Trump and not the design flaw, though.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
I'm sure the MAGAers will make this decision about Trump and not the design flaw, though.
not to mention it's just a plain ugly sneaker.

Offline Erik

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 235
  • The voice of reason

The irony that it's those people that make everything about Trump :)

This is a no brainer. They also don't let you wear those LA Lights shoes either.

Online rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325

Pretty much.

I've said this before, but I'll say it again: I wish the league would limit players' sneaker choices to those containing their respective team's colors. I think it was Rozier who was wearing some hideous pink-and-yellow sneakers the other night.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

Pretty much.

I've said this before, but I'll say it again: I wish the league would limit players' sneaker choices to those containing their respective team's colors. I think it was Rozier who was wearing some hideous pink-and-yellow sneakers the other night.
wish I could find the meme I saw while ago with Kanye whining no one wants to financially back his designing -- "I'm a product person".   No idea if he's made other 'products' but this one's pretty ugly.

Completely agree that the players should be wearing shoes that are the team's colors --> footwear is a crucial part of the uniform in the NBA.  I get players have sneaker deals and need to show off the shoes to generate interest in the product but I really think the whole team should be wearing the same uniform down to the sneakers.

Offline gift

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 291

Didn't you just kind of make it about Trump though?

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277

Aren’t you making this about Trump though?

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • What a Pub Should Be

Sigh.

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Carmelo Anthony, when in NY, had his sneaker banned for the reason: the 3M reflective material built into the shoe. Melo had to do an entire exterior redesign.

If Kanye wants NBA players to wear his shoes, he has to get rid of the reflective material. Really there is nothing else to see here.

Offline MattyIce

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 740

Sigh.

sigh aka yes

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • What a Pub Should Be

Sigh.

sigh aka yes

Not really. 

I was speaking to current events here.  Kanye goes on SNL Saturday night, there's the whole MAGA hat/ending credits thing there, the 13th amendment thing, etc.

Fast forward 3 days and this happens. 

It's speaks to the current climate & how predictable it's gotten.   Take a look around social media to see that.

That's what I was getting at.  Pretty simple.

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 866
  • GOT IT!!!
Kanye and Trump's egos walk into a bar....

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
The NBA really needed to ban that shoe?  What self-respecting player would actually wear that ugly piece of garbage on their feet?

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Pretty much.

wish I could find the meme I saw while ago with Kanye whining no one wants to financially back his designing -- "I'm a product person".   No idea if he's made other 'products' but this one's pretty ugly.

He has one of the most successful and renowned young fashion companies in the world. People love his shoes in particular
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)