Author Topic: Discussion of CelticsBlog Upgrades  (Read 61638 times)

Re: Discussion of CelticsBlog Upgrades
« Reply #165 on: October 21, 2012, 02:30:46 AM »

Offline caffeinated

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 15
I'd like to post a quick gripe about the text redundancy that's repeated in virtually every story posted on CelticsBlog.

Now, obviously this isn't a huge problem that's going to keep me away from the site or anything.  But, it has really become an annoyance.  Surely I can't be the only one who's bugged by this constant repetition of text above and below the Facebook/Twitter buttons?

Then again, maybe I am?   :-\

« Reply #166 on: October 21, 2012, 06:44:04 AM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
nope, you are not alone. not a major point, but i hope cb can correct this small problem.

and then do something about the huge pix on the home page. it is almost impossible to read the text/title of the article because of the pix. just another helpful suggestion. :)
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #167 on: November 05, 2012, 01:44:19 AM »

Offline Josh88

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 11
After giving the new layout a chance and using it for awhile, I must say I still think the old layout was better. This new design is just so busy, there's so much going on, and it's a lot more difficult to navigate. It was much easier to see what you wanted to see at a glance with the old design. Now you have to scroll through the entire page, and there's still less content I'm interested in than the previous layout offered.

I hope sbnation continues to take people's feedback and improves this design.

« Reply #168 on: November 05, 2012, 02:01:13 AM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437
I'd like to post a quick gripe about the text redundancy that's repeated in virtually every story posted on CelticsBlog.

Now, obviously this isn't a huge problem that's going to keep me away from the site or anything.  But, it has really become an annoyance.  Surely I can't be the only one who's bugged by this constant repetition of text above and below the Facebook/Twitter buttons?

I agree, its a little annoying.

« Reply #169 on: November 05, 2012, 02:12:13 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
One of my problems with the new layout is I think that the FanPosts tend to get buried a bit compared to before.  Even when a post gets promoted, it is stuck down near the middle of the page, instead of at the top.  This means there's much less incentive to try to write thoughtful, interesting pieces that might get front page recognition (and views).
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #170 on: November 05, 2012, 06:03:23 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
It looks great, I hate it but appreciate all the hard work done.   I will get used it.   I was used to the all style which was minimalist like our uniforms.   But I am getting better at getting around.   People hate change, I realize it was people making it better for all, thanks.

« Reply #171 on: November 06, 2012, 06:45:49 PM »

Offline Jeff

• CelticsBlog CEO
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 301
  • ranter

guilty - this was just me being lazy - I'll try to clean this up - thanks
Faith and Sports - an essay by Jeff Clark

"Know what I pray for? The strength to change what I can, the inability to accept what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference." - Calvin (Bill Watterson)

« Reply #172 on: November 06, 2012, 06:46:36 PM »

Offline Jeff

• CelticsBlog CEO
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 301
  • ranter
folks using the site using a mobile device will be greeted with a new, streamlined site as of like an hour ago

check it out
Faith and Sports - an essay by Jeff Clark

"Know what I pray for? The strength to change what I can, the inability to accept what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference." - Calvin (Bill Watterson)

« Reply #173 on: November 06, 2012, 06:50:52 PM »

Offline Interceptor

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 224
Mobile site much better on my iPhone.

« Reply #174 on: November 06, 2012, 07:04:40 PM »

Offline AB_Celtic

• DKC Commish
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 460
folks using the site using a mobile device will be greeted with a new, streamlined site as of like an hour ago

check it out

Just the site, or the Boston Hoops 24-7 app too?

« Reply #175 on: November 06, 2012, 07:10:20 PM »

Offline PaulPierce34G

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 110
  • Soul Glo
I like the overall design of the site...Glad that the forums remained old school. 

Only complaint is I wish there was an actual mobile site.  I don't have an iPhone or a Droid, rather a standard BlackBerry (non-touch).  The old site used to load extremely fast on it.  This new one doesn't.  I know before the format change, there was a mobile site, it had m. or mobile. in the web address.  Guess I will have to upgrade my phone at some point.  I wish I could enjoy the new site on my BlackBerry but it isn't very effective at loading it.

Oh, well, just my .02 cents.