Author Topic: Have you noticed any bugs on the new forums?  (Read 17103 times)

Have you noticed any bugs on the new forums?
« on: July 28, 2012, 10:44:50 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25634
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
We're trying to give our tech folks a full list of any bugs / errors with the new forum software.  If you've noticed anything that doesn't see to work right, please let us know.

We're aware of the lack of an option to choose your time zone.  That issue is being passed along.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Re: Have you noticed any bugs on the new forums?
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2012, 10:50:48 PM »

Offline Gainesville Celtic

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1331
  • Ainge *still* has a Posse! Ubuntu Y'all
We're trying to give our tech folks a full list of any bugs / errors with the new forum software.  If you've noticed anything that doesn't see to work right, please let us know.

We're aware of the lack of an option to choose your time zone.  That issue is being passed along.

The other 3 things i've noticed -- but can live without, they were just nice luxuries --

1. I don't get the pop-up window when i have NEW Personal Message (and i know others in the CBDraft have mentioned this too).

2. the Quick reply box at the bottom of the page works but it used to be that when you hit "QUOTE" next to a post it woudl populate that box -- so as not having to leave the page -- now if you want to quote someting it takes you to the REPLY page.

3. the QUICK EDIT icon/link on the bottom right hand area of the post doesn't work -- you have to use the MODIFY link at the top.
GC's Yahoo! H2h League: Gainesville Celtics: 2014, 2016, 2017 Champs!

GC's Yahoo! H2h League permanent website (offseason roster, constitution, etc.) * Lucky was framed!

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2012, 10:51:10 PM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 5349
  • Thumper of the BASS!
im cool

i know what time it is where im at

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2012, 10:51:42 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
I wouldn't call this a bug but it's a good suggestion if it can be implemented somehow. Notifications for when your post or something you quoted was replied to.

It seems to be the norm and is used in lots of forums. I mentioned it before but don't remember getting a response.
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2012, 10:52:50 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
2. the Quick reply box at the bottom of the page work

Can you explain this in more detail?  (I never used the option, so I don't know what has changed.)

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2012, 10:55:10 PM »

Offline Gainesville Celtic

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1331
  • Ainge *still* has a Posse! Ubuntu Y'all
2. the Quick reply box at the bottom of the page work

Can you explain this in more detail?  (I never used the option, so I don't know what has changed.)

sorry i was testing as I wrote  ;D

does this make more sense?

2. the Quick reply box at the bottom of the page works but it used to be that when you hit "QUOTE" next to a post it woudl populate that box -- so as not having to leave the page -- now if you want to quote someting it takes you to the REPLY page.

it works if you use it to post a new post, but not to quote an existing one (which you used to be able to)

in either case (then and now) i think you have to have it turned on as a preference on your profile... which I only recently did and really liked it.
GC's Yahoo! H2h League: Gainesville Celtics: 2014, 2016, 2017 Champs!

GC's Yahoo! H2h League permanent website (offseason roster, constitution, etc.) * Lucky was framed!

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2012, 10:56:09 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
The underline function doesn't work anymore.

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2012, 11:00:56 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
I wouldn't call this a bug but it's a good suggestion if it can be implemented somehow. Notifications for when your post or something you quoted was replied to.

It seems to be the norm and is used in lots of forums. I mentioned it before but don't remember getting a response.

If you go to Profile -> Modify Profile -> Notifications, does that provide what you're looking for?

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2012, 11:11:06 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
I cant use

I use firefox
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2012, 11:13:14 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352

1. I don't get the pop-up window when i have NEW Personal Message (and i know others in the CBDraft have mentioned this too).

Same here. Sounds nice, looking forward to seeing this.

And like Who, no puedo underlinar.

If it's helpful, I use Firefox 13.0.1.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2012, 12:14:25 AM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS

If you go to Profile -> Modify Profile -> Notifications, does that provide what you're looking for?
I don't think so but going to give it a shot. I think this would only notify me on specific boards of replies to a topic I created or one that I enable notifications for. It would notify me of ALL replies to a topic, and not if my specific post was quoted.

e.g if you quoted and replied to me I'd get a notification letting me know and it'd bring me here not sure if we can do this maybe I didn't enable it correctly
« Last Edit: July 29, 2012, 12:20:41 AM by j804 »
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2012, 12:16:47 AM »

Offline WeMadeIt17

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 435
Messages look way old for me? different then they were just the other day.. And i am no longer getting an email when i get a personal message on here.

« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2012, 12:19:07 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
Messages look way old for me? different then they were just the other day.. And i am no longer getting an email when i get a personal message on here.

What do you mean by "messages look way old"?

The email issue has been noted, as has the pop-up notification.  Hopefully support can get it sorted out soon.

« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2012, 12:23:05 AM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
Is it just me or is the quick button to go to top of page or bottom of page for everyone gone? I am using Firefox...
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2012, 12:24:46 AM »

Offline WeMadeIt17

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 435

What do you mean by "messages look way old"?

The email issue has been noted, as has the pop-up notification.  Hopefully support can get it sorted out soon.

not sure looks different then last week but could be mind playing tricks.. Also how come i cant see any of me sent messages.