Author Topic: Rumor: Klay  (Read 10755 times)

Rumor: Klay
« on: November 14, 2016, 10:41:28 AM »

Offline jbpats

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 406
Shocked a thread hasn't been started yet regarding Klay as the rumor is on Celticsblog front page.
Gotta admit i'm intrigued and will say he is worth Jae and the Brooklyn pick, especially considering Brooklyn is looking better than most expected.
I think Bradley and the Brooklyn pick makes more sense for Golden state, but I think you have to give up Jae or AB and whatever picks to acquire Klay, he is the best 2 in the NBA.

That being said, i'm unsure why the Celtics would even pursue Klay Thompson. Shooting and perimeter defense is not our struggle right now, rebounding is. If I were Ainge I hope Anthony Davis becomes available and give up the farm to get him (Davis rumor per CSNE).

If we trade for Klay, i'd be happy but deep down i'd know he's not what this team needs right now.

Re: Rumor: Klay
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2016, 10:47:27 AM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Shocked a thread hasn't been started yet regarding Klay as the rumor is on Celticsblog front page.
Gotta admit i'm intrigued and will say he is worth Jae and the Brooklyn pick, especially considering Brooklyn is looking better than most expected.
I think Bradley and the Brooklyn pick makes more sense for Golden state, but I think you have to give up Jae or AB and whatever picks to acquire Klay, he is the best 2 in the NBA.

That being said, i'm unsure why the Celtics would even pursue Klay Thompson. Shooting and perimeter defense is not our struggle right now, rebounding is. If I were Ainge I hope Anthony Davis becomes available and give up the farm to get him (Davis rumor per CSNE).

If we trade for Klay, i'd be happy but deep down i'd know he's not what this team needs right now.

Klay and DMC while keeping most of our core intact is a championship caliber team.

Wouldn't put too much stock into this, if it wasn't for Scalabrine reporting it.

That being said Klay is one of the deadliest 3 and D. Bradley may be a better perimeter and on ball defender, but really not by much. Klay's height and defensive awareness makes him good enough to be able to guard most players.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2016, 10:57:51 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Source?

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2016, 10:59:30 AM »

Offline jbpats

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 406

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2016, 11:04:43 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
Thanks

I have to wonder if it is the Net's pick.   I know they are doing better, but I imagine the 76ers would have to give up more then just Noel to get it. 

While I think trading AB would be a better fit for the Celtics, it would not be a deal killer.  For GS, Crowder covering PF instead of KD would be a positive for them. 

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2016, 11:18:47 AM »

Offline coffee425

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 122
Even if he was available, it's improbable that the Celtics would be in play for a deal.
The Warriors need depth in the frontcourt, so the only possible deal would be Horford (+change) for Klay.

Any deal regarding AB or Jae makes no sense to me, Klay is equally as good of a defender as those two.

Any deal regarding brooklyn picks make no sense either; since they only have KD guaranteed for this year so why would GSW want anything but WIN-RIGHT-NOW
Even at the end of the game, we lined up in different formation that he hadn't seen and he called out our play before I got the ball. I heard him calling it out. -John Wall on Brad Stevens

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2016, 11:21:14 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Even if he was available, it's improbably that the Celtics would be in play for a deal.
The Warriors need depth in the frontcourt, so the only possible deal would be Horford (+change) for Klay.

Any deal regarding AB or Jae makes no sense to me, Klay is equally as good of a defender as those two.

Any deal regarding brooklyn picks make no sense either; since they only have KD guaranteed for this year so why would GSW want anything but WIN-RIGHT-NOW

If you read the article that is on the front page of this website and linked on this thread, you'll see that the rumor is a 3-way deal that has Crowder and Noel going to GSW, Klay coming to Boston, and draft compensation to philly.

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2016, 11:24:39 AM »

Offline coffee425

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 122
Even if he was available, it's improbably that the Celtics would be in play for a deal.

If you read the article that is on the front page of this website and linked on this thread, you'll see that the rumor is a 3-way deal that has Crowder and Noel going to GSW, Klay coming to Boston, and draft compensation to philly.

Right, but i stand by my statement. There's too much risk for GSW to consider playing Noel at all.
Even at the end of the game, we lined up in different formation that he hadn't seen and he called out our play before I got the ball. I heard him calling it out. -John Wall on Brad Stevens

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2016, 11:42:15 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Warriors are struggling out the gate but I don't see a trade coming. They have time to try to figure things out no rush.

« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2016, 11:53:43 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549
The Warriors are 8-2 and Klay has played much better of late.  I just don't see them making any major move this year unless a player asks out. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2016, 11:55:56 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith

Right, but i stand by my statement. There's too much risk for GSW to consider playing Noel at all.

Noel would be an upgrade in terms of interior defense.   Crowder would allow KD to defend the SF when they go small. 

I am a little surprised if it happened soon unless there are some serious issue behind the scene or the front office and scouts are really concerned with how the team matches up to another top team in the playoffs. 

« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2016, 12:02:41 PM »

Offline cons

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 103
GSW would be putting a lot of pressure on Noel if this happened. He's a player that's never been on an even remotely competitive team.

If this went through  he'd be expected to anchor a championship caliber defense. That's like going from 0 to 100 overnight. Doesn't seem like a great idea for them.

« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2016, 12:07:14 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
GSW would be putting a lot of pressure on Noel if this happened. He's a player that's never been on an even remotely competitive team.

If this went through  he'd be expected to anchor a championship caliber defense. That's like going from 0 to 100 overnight. Doesn't seem like a great idea for them.

And if he was proven to be that guy, could they also get a player like Crowder?

Again, nothing but a rumor.   

« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2016, 12:21:55 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Nope, not worth Jae and a BKLN pick. 

Bradley is pretty much as good as Klay now.

« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2016, 12:25:36 PM »

Offline justice

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 9
I heard Scals on the Sirius this AM, and the deal he references actually was JC & AB & Brooklyn pick for Klay Thompson. Noel wasn't referenced, but I see on some online sources, he was.

Scalabrine could have been talking out of his ass, but as stated, that deal would be silly for us to do unless we got something in addition to Thompson (who I do like).