Author Topic: Hawks (17-14) at Celtics (13-17) Game 31 12/31  (Read 51112 times)

Re: Hawks (17-14) at Celtics (13-17) Game 31 12/31
« Reply #195 on: December 31, 2013, 07:19:34 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Bass and Green benched for public altercation on bench.

Given they both also played awful, maybe that was a good thing.

Public altercation? I missed that. More details please. :)

Oh wow.  As if it couldn't get worse... now our starters are brawling on the bench.

This is a disaster.  Our team is already 5 games below .500.  Our injury-prone core can't stay on the court.  Over the past two seasons, Bradley has missed 28% of his games.  Sully has missed 41%.  And our "star point guard" has missed a whopping 68% of his games. 

Meanwhile, our 2nd and 3rd highest paid players rot on our bench.  Gerald Wallace is on the hook for 30 million and is statistically one of the worst players in the entire league.

Now I hear tale that two of our starters were coming to blows on the bench?  Outrageous! 

Only one conclusion can be drawn from all of this.  Enough is enough.  This isn't working.  It's time.   

Time to blow it up, Danny.

he did already.

and it might not be best to define "injury prone" on the basis of 1 and 1/3 seasons, just a thought.

but in any case, let's be positive for at least the rest of this year.  ;D
Yes he did indeed blow it up. He traded away two HOFers, let another one walk, and traded away the coach that won you a ring.  But whatever, once you've blown up the toy, keep banging it ag
ainst the wall.  >:(

Yes, we really miss Doc:-))  He has taken an upgraded Clippers team that was 25-8 last year at this point and "coached" this deeper and more talented Clipper team to 21-12.  I love how almost everyone on this blog worships Doc and makes fun of Vinny Del Negro.  I will bet that the Clips will NOT win 56 games as they did last year!!!

Smitty77

right on. I really miss doc's rotations, small ball, no offensive rebounding, and primarily jump shooting team.  ::)

we never got out to leads like this last year. We just have to learn to finish. and we have nowhere near the talent. That right there shows how good stevens is. doc won in 2008 because of the big 3. he should have won again in 2010 but his crappy coaching cost us. Should have beat the heat in 7 in 2012 as well. thanks doc!  ::)

When I miss Docs rotations ...I just watch him doing same damage to the clippers game ........I feel better he is gone.......

« Reply #196 on: December 31, 2013, 10:20:16 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1550
This current celtic team would have a better record than last years if Rondo was playing.

you could be right. I was thinking this as well. Shows doc did not get the most out of his teams.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #197 on: December 31, 2013, 10:22:25 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1550
Bass and Green benched for public altercation on bench.

Given they both also played awful, maybe that was a good thing.

Public altercation? I missed that. More details please. :)

Oh wow.  As if it couldn't get worse... now our starters are brawling on the bench.

This is a disaster.  Our team is already 5 games below .500.  Our injury-prone core can't stay on the court.  Over the past two seasons, Bradley has missed 28% of his games.  Sully has missed 41%.  And our "star point guard" has missed a whopping 68% of his games. 

Meanwhile, our 2nd and 3rd highest paid players rot on our bench.  Gerald Wallace is on the hook for 30 million and is statistically one of the worst players in the entire league.

Now I hear tale that two of our starters were coming to blows on the bench?  Outrageous! 

Only one conclusion can be drawn from all of this.  Enough is enough.  This isn't working.  It's time.   

Time to blow it up, Danny.

he did already.

and it might not be best to define "injury prone" on the basis of 1 and 1/3 seasons, just a thought.

but in any case, let's be positive for at least the rest of this year.  ;D
Yes he did indeed blow it up. He traded away two HOFers, let another one walk, and traded away the coach that won you a ring.  But whatever, once you've blown up the toy, keep banging it ag
ainst the wall.  >:(

Yes, we really miss Doc:-))  He has taken an upgraded Clippers team that was 25-8 last year at this point and "coached" this deeper and more talented Clipper team to 21-12.  I love how almost everyone on this blog worships Doc and makes fun of Vinny Del Negro.  I will bet that the Clips will NOT win 56 games as they did last year!!!

Smitty77

right on. I really miss doc's rotations, small ball, no offensive rebounding, and primarily jump shooting team.  ::)

we never got out to leads like this last year. We just have to learn to finish. and we have nowhere near the talent. That right there shows how good stevens is. doc won in 2008 because of the big 3. he should have won again in 2010 but his crappy coaching cost us. Should have beat the heat in 7 in 2012 as well. thanks doc!  ::)

When I miss Docs rotations ...I just watch him doing same damage to the clippers game ........I feel better he is gone.......

yep. good riddance. Never really cared for doc or his style.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #198 on: January 01, 2014, 12:32:29 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
Missed the game

Watching now ...almost  halftime ...Celtics looking decent

Somewhere ...something goes haywire

Oooohh.......two minutes to play in half ...stupid crap start n......

« Reply #199 on: January 01, 2014, 02:13:38 AM »

Offline LatterDayCelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 171
  • Community Text
I'm just surprised somebody isn't saying that The Celtics now are 'better' than last season becauts Rondo is out 
Banner 18 please 😍

« Reply #200 on: January 01, 2014, 03:09:41 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
You guys criticizing Doc Rivers and loving Brad Stevens will be the first guys calling for Stevens head after three losing seasons.

I said it now, January 1st 2014.

Book it. It will be happening in 2-3 years. You will all turn on him and being having similar complaints about Stevens.

« Reply #201 on: January 01, 2014, 03:24:11 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
You guys criticizing Doc Rivers and loving Brad Stevens will be the first guys calling for Stevens head after three losing seasons.

Book it. It will be happening in 2-3 years. You will all turn on him and being having similar complaints about Stevens.

I won't turn on Stevens. It didn't take long to tell he really knows basketball. My question is; Will the players turn on him? They shouldn't but the NBA has always been a players league. Managing veteran egos is what Doc was best at. His bench skills is what I often questioned.
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #202 on: January 01, 2014, 04:37:52 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith

I won't turn on Stevens. It didn't take long to tell he really knows basketball. My question is; Will the players turn on him? They shouldn't but the NBA has always been a players league. Managing veteran egos is what Doc was best at. His bench skills is what I often questioned.

Exactly........I'm not going to turn on him either.   Doc is an elite baby sitter......like Phil Jackson.......able to wipe three butts with a single smile. ....handler of the diva s...aka Howard's , Melos and Kobe's ., D wades and such .   Lakers forums are already laughing at Doc , not really being all that better than Vinnie for the Clips .......we knew this all along.  Doc is a YES MAN for the stars.

The big names are NOT many times the best  coach..... Look what Vogel an unknown given a shot could do at Indy.

The best deal is to stay away from te D Will ,  Melo,  Howard coach killers.......let them stay on the Lakers and Nets.

« Reply #203 on: January 01, 2014, 04:44:07 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450

Exactly........I'm not going to turn on him either.   Doc is an elite baby sitter......like Phil Jackson.......able to wipe three butts with a single smile. ....handler of the diva s...aka Howard's , Melos and Kobe's ., D wades and such .   Lakers forums are already laughing at Doc , not really being all that better than Vinnie for the Clips .......we knew this all along.  Doc is a YES MAN for the stars.

The big names are NOT many times the best  coach..... Look what Vogel an unknown given a shot could do at Indy.

The best deal is to stay away from te D Will ,  Melo,  Howard coach killers.......let them stay on the Lakers and Nets.

The difference between Jackson and Rivers is that Jackson was a  very good bench coach. Actually, he was not a bad at developing talent either.
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #204 on: January 01, 2014, 04:49:36 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016

I dunno.  Nick is probably right.  The season is early and we've overachieved.  We already have one malcontent (Gerald Wallace).  Last night, two of our starters had a bit of a confrontation on the bench.  Our petulant point guard hasn't even joined the equation yet. 

Rick Pitino was a phenomenal coach who had the respect of the Celtic players early on as well... after enough losses piled up, he lost them.  This team is still likely going to struggle for the next 3-5 years.  Not enough talent currently... and unlikely we'll be saved by the draft if we accidentally make the playoffs this year.  Let's see if you're still 100% on board with Brad after multiple years of bottomfeeder basketball.  Inevitably you'll want a scapegoat. 

« Reply #205 on: January 01, 2014, 05:41:22 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
I don't think we will win a Championship anytime soon .....we simply don't have the talent ...no matter who is coach......a nice young smart coach is good for 21 year olds to learn and develop under.....Doc stroked egos....dumped on the rest of the team

Somewhere in the background there has to be authority figure ..... We have DA handle the divas when it's time o have them on the team  ..the stars ....LOL ........needs to e somebody riding shotgun    ...ake.....Pat Riley gots Spo's back.

Long as DA upgrades the team every year and Stevens shows improvement on his part , I understand its going to be several years o put together a contending team. 

« Reply #206 on: January 01, 2014, 05:46:23 PM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428

I dunno.  Nick is probably right.  The season is early and we've overachieved.  We already have one malcontent (Gerald Wallace).  Last night, two of our starters had a bit of a confrontation on the bench.  Our petulant point guard hasn't even joined the equation yet. 

Rick Pitino was a phenomenal coach who had the respect of the Celtic players early on as well... after enough losses piled up, he lost them.  This team is still likely going to struggle for the next 3-5 years.  Not enough talent currently... and unlikely we'll be saved by the draft if we accidentally make the playoffs this year.  Let's see if you're still 100% on board with Brad after multiple years of bottomfeeder basketball.  Inevitably you'll want a scapegoat.
I hate to jump on one line BUT Rick Pitino at the pro level was a poor coach, bad in NY, bad in Boston.  Maybe he is good at college level (egotistical jerk by the way) but not a good pro coach and even worse as a gm.

« Reply #207 on: January 01, 2014, 06:57:24 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
One plus by stevens yesterday

1. Keep the 2nd unit on the floor In the 4th

Two minuses by stevens yesterday

1. Not call plays for olynyk. He went 8-11. A pro coach would ride out this efficiency

2. Have faith in jcraw as he does. He went 3-11. Not only inefficient in the gamr but there is no indication he is a reliable clutch player

« Reply #208 on: January 01, 2014, 08:08:11 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
If we don't beat. Bulls next game....

Other than the Pelicans ......

We might not win another game till the Jan 17 meeting against the Laker s. ......a game we should win.....they massively suck

I think our vets realize  a very likely long losing stretch is approaching  and not winning these winnable games is demoralizing them

And me oo...LOL  ;D

« Reply #209 on: January 02, 2014, 08:08:07 AM »

Offline DesertDweller

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 92
A little more on Crawford....it's really a shame that this guy can't control himself because at times he's a freaky good shooter.  if he could just learn to control himself when he's not hitting because when he's not hitting that's not the only thing that affects his game.  he tries to compensate by being to fancy with the passes and collects a lot of turnovers.
basicly what I'm saying is, if this guy could play within what he is capable of doing, he is a weapon but when he tries to do too much, he becomes a game killer!!!

the scary thing about JC is whether he actually can be coached or not.  when he uses his head he makes some great passes that are productive but his biggest problem is remembering there are four more players on the floor!!!