Author Topic: Raptors (33-12) at Celtics (25-18) Game #44 1/16/19  (Read 37018 times)

Re: Raptors (33-12) at Celtics (25-18) Game #44 1/16/19
« Reply #585 on: January 17, 2019, 12:15:57 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
If Kyrie can avg 15 assist a game ... this team will be great

we all know he is a lethal scorer

The assists will go a long way.  In the 2nd half it was good to see him keep distributing the ball and not try to do it all himself

trust

All Kyrie has to do is average more assists per game over the course of a season than Stockton ever did? Seems reasonable

Right because Stockton had Tatum, Brown, Hayward to work with

Stockton had one guy to go to basically
Yeah that guy just happens to be a top 5 scorer of all time, and they were the most unstoppable pick and roll duo ever.

Why didn’t Tony Parker average 15APG? Why didn’t Kobe? Why didn’t LeBron in Miami? Why doesn’t Curry?

Because even if you’re surrounded by insane talent, 15APG is video game level

Tony Parker WAS one of the go to scorers

KOBE was on hero mode 24/7

Lebron was not a pg but did average a high amount of assist....  he deferred a ton and put on the turbo when required

IRVING is the pg of this team. He is surrounded by 4 all star calibre player in Horford, Hayward, Tatum, Brown....  plus other capable scorers like Morris

YES he should average at least 10 assists per game

stop making excuses
Kyrie is far and away our best scorer. Nobody is close to him at the moment. Why do you want him to defer to lesser talent??

None of the guys you listed have been playing at an All-Star level this season.

the way you limit Kyrie capability is insulting to his growth and this teams path to success
LOL. I’m one of his biggest fans on the board, so it’s pretty hilarious for you to give me that.

It’s just being realistic with his talents. He’s one of the most skilled scorers in the whole league, as he can score with efficiency and ease from every level. He’s a good passer, but with the inconsistency of those around him I’d rather he shoot primarily.

That being said, when he uses his threat of scoring to create for others WHILE putting it in the hoop he is at his best

Well what the heck was the point of arguing with me for the last 5 min??

Exactly
Maybe it’s notions of “15 assists per game ... 10 is mandatory” or that he has more weapons than John freakin Stockton did
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #586 on: January 17, 2019, 12:16:56 AM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699

The assists will go a long way.  In the 2nd half it was good to see him keep distributing the ball and not try to do it all himself

trust

Yeah, just average more assists per game than anybody in NBA history.  It's that easy, guys.

your sarcasm means zero....

this is no ordinary crew of players in case you forgot

And Stockton/Malone was?

Come on, man.

Again like I said above

he basically had one player to feed

Kyrie has a buffet of top calibre talent surrounding him

10 assist a game minimum is mandatory

Crazy. The talent on this team is nowhere near the Celtics/Lakers team in the 80s. Even Magic Johnson didnt average 15 a game playing with the player with most points in history.

This is lunacy.

« Reply #587 on: January 17, 2019, 12:21:32 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

trust

All Kyrie has to do is average more assists per game over the course of a season than Stockton ever did? Seems reasonable

Right because Stockton had Tatum, Brown, Hayward to work with

Stockton had one guy to go to basically
Yeah that guy just happens to be a top 5 scorer of all time, and they were the most unstoppable pick and roll duo ever.

Why didn’t Tony Parker average 15APG? Why didn’t Kobe? Why didn’t LeBron in Miami? Why doesn’t Curry?

Because even if you’re surrounded by insane talent, 15APG is video game level

Tony Parker WAS one of the go to scorers

KOBE was on hero mode 24/7

Lebron was not a pg but did average a high amount of assist....  he deferred a ton and put on the turbo when required

IRVING is the pg of this team. He is surrounded by 4 all star calibre player in Horford, Hayward, Tatum, Brown....  plus other capable scorers like Morris

YES he should average at least 10 assists per game

stop making excuses
Kyrie is far and away our best scorer. Nobody is close to him at the moment. Why do you want him to defer to lesser talent??

None of the guys you listed have been playing at an All-Star level this season.

the way you limit Kyrie capability is insulting to his growth and this teams path to success
LOL. I’m one of his biggest fans on the board, so it’s pretty hilarious for you to give me that.

It’s just being realistic with his talents. He’s one of the most skilled scorers in the whole league, as he can score with efficiency and ease from every level. He’s a good passer, but with the inconsistency of those around him I’d rather he shoot primarily.

That being said, when he uses his threat of scoring to create for others WHILE putting it in the hoop he is at his best

Well what the heck was the point of arguing with me for the last 5 min??

Exactly
Maybe it’s notions of “15 assists per game ... 10 is mandatory” or that he has more weapons than John freakin Stockton did

you think Irving is GREAT as he is?

He can still be better

Tonight is the player he needs to strive for

« Reply #588 on: January 17, 2019, 12:22:59 AM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549

trust

Yeah, just average more assists per game than anybody in NBA history.  It's that easy, guys.

your sarcasm means zero....

this is no ordinary crew of players in case you forgot

And Stockton/Malone was?

Come on, man.

Again like I said above

he basically had one player to feed

Kyrie has a buffet of top calibre talent surrounding him

10 assist a game minimum is mandatory

Crazy. The talent on this team is nowhere near the Celtics/Lakers team in the 80s. Even Magic Johnson didnt average 15 a game playing with the player with most points in history.

This is lunacy.
Rondo, a great passer and extremely pass first player, had KG, Pierce and Allen and his highest assist total was 11.7.   

« Reply #589 on: January 17, 2019, 12:27:22 AM »

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 628
  • Mark Blount often got smoked
Seriously, if you ever said we don't need Kyrie, you should be kicked off this forum.

In clutch time in four straight possessions, this man has gone 2-2 for 5 huge points with two other assists to Horford to seal the game.

I didn't catch the game, but this is exactly what I've been calling for -- this team can contend if Kyrie is an elite facilitator and uses his offensive talent to get every one involved.  We become Golden State-scary if he commits to that.

18 assists, must be his ca4eer high  :o

This is what Kyrie has to do

What? Singlehandedly win us a title?

Nah bro. You picked a side, the “Kyrie is a cancer” side, and lost big. Time to own up to it and take it on the chin.
2023 Non-Active / Non-NBA75 Fantasy Draft, ChiBulls:

PG: Deron Williams 07-08 / M.R. Richardson 80-81 / J. Wall 16-17
SG: David Thompson 77-78 / Hersey Hawkins 96-97
SF: Tracy McGrady 02-03 / Tayshaun Prince 06-07
PF: Larry Nance Sr 91-92 / Blake Griffin 13-14
C: Bob Lanier 76-77 / Brad Daugherty 92-93 / M. Camby 06-07

« Reply #590 on: January 17, 2019, 12:31:38 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
Seriously, if you ever said we don't need Kyrie, you should be kicked off this forum.

In clutch time in four straight possessions, this man has gone 2-2 for 5 huge points with two other assists to Horford to seal the game.

I didn't catch the game, but this is exactly what I've been calling for -- this team can contend if Kyrie is an elite facilitator and uses his offensive talent to get every one involved.  We become Golden State-scary if he commits to that.

Nah bro. You picked a side, the “Kyrie is a cancer” side, and lost big. Time to own up to it and take it on the chin.
Good luck getting some accountability

« Reply #591 on: January 17, 2019, 12:35:50 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

what are you talking about

Tonights Kyrie is different than yesterdays

I have no issue with tonights version and moving forward this version

If you are happy with how this season has resulted thus far (prior to tonight)...you are crazy

« Reply #592 on: January 17, 2019, 12:36:43 AM »

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen

Lol, that was before I saw the 15 assist requirement. Gold. Dying on a hill never felt so good!

« Reply #593 on: January 17, 2019, 12:39:17 AM »

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen

If you are happy with how this season has resulted thus far (prior to tonight)...you are crazy

Oh, so you’re happy with a 27 point 18 assist game where he was responsible for 12 or the last 14 points? Wow, that’s great.

Would you be happy winning the lottery? What about someone giving you a yacht for your birthday? Would you be happy if Larry Bird showed up at your house to play a little one on one? Or if Jordan Mickey became an all star?

« Reply #594 on: January 17, 2019, 12:39:24 AM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo

Lol, that was before I saw the 15 assist requirement. Gold. Dying on a hill never felt so good!

Maybe this guy isn't an idiot afterall. I think he is saying this so the next time we lose and Kyrie doesnt get 15 assists he can say "see I told you so"

« Reply #595 on: January 17, 2019, 12:39:31 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

ahhh yes because your 5-6 assists per game minimal requirement surrounded by all of this talent is genius

excellent

« Reply #596 on: January 17, 2019, 12:41:02 AM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo

ahhh yes because your 5-6 assists per game minimal requirement surrounded by all of this talent is genius

excellent

all this talent? ****. 6 assists is already high for a acoring point guard playing with a pasaing big and another playmaking star like Hayward.

« Reply #597 on: January 17, 2019, 12:43:43 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

Maybe this guy isn't an idiot afterall. I think he is saying this so the next time we lose and Kyrie doesnt get 15 assists he can say "see I told you so"

you are a fool and I mean this in the nicest way

Do me a favour and go take a hike

« Reply #598 on: January 17, 2019, 12:46:59 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

Oh, so you’re happy with a 27 point 18 assist game where he was responsible for 12 or the last 14 points? Wow, that’s great.

Would you be happy winning the lottery? What about someone giving you a yacht for your birthday? Would you be happy if Larry Bird showed up at your house to play a little one on one? Or if Jordan Mickey became an all star?
Stop it, my sides can only take so much

« Reply #599 on: January 17, 2019, 01:58:40 AM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo

you are a fool and I mean this in the nicest way

Do me a favour and go take a hike

Dont worry, I am taking a hike this weekend. Meanwhile, you relax there in your little imaginary world where Jordan Mickey is a star who averages 15 assists per game.